SONY NW-ZX2
Jan 18, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #10,173 of 14,755
  If you are not streaming or the wifi is turned off, you may turn on the Airplane Mode. This increases my ZX2's juice twice as much.

+1

Jan 18, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #10,174 of 14,755
I installed poweramp last night but have a question about eq controls. Is eq still controlled through the Sony sound settings (unlike jet audio which has eq etc included in the app)? I couldn't find eq in poweramp alpha.

Jan 18, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #10,175 of 14,755
Sorry another poweramp alpha question. I've just tried it out and vocals and mids sound great but...the bass and drums are massively distorted. Any idea what this could be?

Edit - ignore me, I have now found the eq and had someone turned the bass up to 100% last night when I was fiddling with the app.

Jan 18, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #10,178 of 14,755
I suspect I'm going to need to spend quite a bit of time playing with the many eq and other setting to refine the sound that I will enjoy. Speaking of the settings I hope when they release the full version it's easier to bring up the eq screen - it's not the most obvious to find at the monte and would benefit from being in the audio section in the main menu.

Jan 18, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #10,179 of 14,755
I suspect I'm going to need to spend quite a bit of time playing with the many eq and other setting to refine the sound that I will enjoy. Speaking of the settings I hope when they release the full version it's easier to bring up the eq screen - it's not the most obvious to find at the monte and would benefit from being in the audio section in the main menu.

Top right corner, EQ right there

Jan 18, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #10,181 of 14,755
Any external players sound like crap with the ZX2, I use the built in player which works fine.

I dont think the other player apps sound like crap, but I'm also sticking to the Sony player with disabled sound enhancements. Sounds fine to me and the gui works the way I like it to work

Jan 18, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #10,182 of 14,755
I dont think the other player apps sound like crap, but I'm also sticking to the Sony player with disabled sound enhancements. Sounds fine to me and the gui works the way I like it to work

Yep. I agree with you nc8000. Frankly, I don't believe my hearing is such that I will be able to discern some of these refined variances. Since I don't frequently sit down to just listen to music it ends up being more in the background further distancing me from the nuances.

Jan 18, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #10,183 of 14,755
  Has anyone figured out how to disable the stock player completely? I'm having an issue where the stock player plays when the screen is off and the physical play button is pushed. This gets pretty irritating when you're controlling the player from your pocket. I've disabled all the lockscreens and everything. 

The only way I can think of is by rooting the ZX2. Unfortunately no one has rooted their ZX2 as of now (I am wishing that I'm wrong here). I'm looking forward to rooting this ZX2 rather than a system update. I'm with you, I would like an option to choose which app is being controlled by the physical buttons.

Jan 18, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #10,185 of 14,755
There is no hope of Root unless some die hard Chef want's to do it for himself.
I have not had a phone for absolutely years that I have not rooted, and there are big advantages in doing so.
But for the ZX2 the advantages of root are far more limited.

But hey, imagine trying all the different roms with this little beauty , each one lovingly crafted by it's chef....sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back