SONY NW-ZX2
Jan 19, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #10,201 of 14,755
I was under the impression higher priced iems required more power and more volume.i had a westone 4R and that needed an amp to bring out the best of it.
Depending on mastering level I hover between 1/4 to 1/2 volume (Maximum 1/2 is usually too much) for most albums. I only use the option for leveling the sound between albums when I'm shuffling songs on playlists etc.

Jan 19, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #10,203 of 14,755
And???
What's the initial feelings compared to zx2?

What this guy said!! I want to know also...
popcorn.gif

Jan 19, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #10,204 of 14,755
I was under the impression higher priced iems required more power and more volume.i had a westone 4R and that needed an amp to bring out the best of it.

I've never tried the 4R but I tried the W40 in store before going all in for the W60 and it wasn't even close, the resolution of the W60's were just so much more balanced and detailed. 

I'll admit I was at a vinyl shop in town and plugged the headphones into the listening station to try out some albums and noticed a big jump in attack plugged into the full sized yamaha amp. That's definitely worth experimenting with.

Jan 19, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #10,208 of 14,755
  Well,3 ZX2 owners sold it once they heard DP X1  balanced,so it will at least sound as good if not better so don't take it too hard if Whitigir agrees with the rest 
biggrin.gif

Yea,the sound aspect has been positive thus far..I like my ZX2 though,mainly because part of the headphone jack never falls off
biggrin.gif
(touches wood)

Jan 19, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #10,209 of 14,755
Well,3 ZX2 owners sold it once they heard DP X1  balanced,so it will at least sound as good if not better so don't take it too hard if Whitigir agrees with the rest :D .

Now...I am testing both on it highest performance standards as I can :D

Zx2: TRRS balanced, th900, Poweramp alpha
Dpx1: TRRS balanced, th900, Poweramp alpha

Initial verdict ? Not yet, give me a bit more lol...I was barely testing this distortion with 3rd party app on Onkyo player.

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #10,213 of 14,755
  Σωτήρη,ώρα να πουλήσεις τα Κ3003, για τα  solar δε σε βλέπω να κοιμάσαι αλλιώς 
biggrin.gif

if the K3s sell  i may buy solar yes , but for now the upgraditis is cool 

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #10,214 of 14,755
Well, here is what I found...the DP-X1 3rd party app has no access to the dual DAC on DP-X1...only stock player can...I tried Poweramp alpha, while it did alright at first, I tried to switch the modes like gains...etc...and it started to be uncontrollable, clipping...stuttering, getting louder, smaller...etc...all acting very weird..... Like it was haunted and possessed by an evil spirit....arggg

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #10,215 of 14,755
Well, here is what I found...the DP-X1 3rd party app has no access to the dual DAC on DP-X1...only stock player can...I tried Poweramp alpha, while it did alright at first, I tried to switch the modes like gains...etc...and it started to be uncontrollable, clipping...stuttering, getting louder, smaller...etc...all acting very weird..... Like it was haunted and possessed by an evil spirit....arggg

I'm observing the DP X1 thread and the socket issue you guys are having.That's why it does not pay to be an early adopter on anything  despite the hype in sound as the quality issues would be a deal braker for me and many others.Same with the qp1r wheel which is getting on nerves of many owners even though no quality issues observed there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back