SONY NW-ZX2
Dec 3, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #9,271 of 14,755
does the ZX2 has Karaoke function? the zx100 has no karaoke function, i was like yesterday looking for it to karaoke some Mozart Opera arias for high-pitched ladies
biggrin.gif
 like the Queen of the night in Mozart's the Magic flute. At the end had no luck at all so well i still made my BF LOL to death with my high-pitched karaoke crazy moment

Dec 3, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #9,272 of 14,755
  Man all this talk of TRRS makes me feel i'm missing out big time.. But how do i get it for my cosmic ears ce6e which has a linum cable?

Estron had a great sale on their Linum cables, Balanced incl (1.5ohm just like the BaX), but imho, I'd wait for the Super BaX /Balanced. Tried that one at CanJam, with the CE6P.
I personally wouldn't pay to get the normal Balanced but wait for the Super one.

Dec 3, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #9,273 of 14,755

put a surround option , to see that the soundenhancements app is working (i usually switch from flat/studio to club ,it gets boomy so i know its working)

after you do that and you see that the sound app is on , go to menu > settings > apps > tap right to 'all' 

go and find the sound adjustment app

tap on the disable option

if i remember correctly (i disabled it days ago) it will ask you if you want to proceed with disabling , say yes and the sound should go way up

make sure you have the volume turned down before you disable it , otherwise your ears may hurt 
tongue.gif

I finally sorted this, just now....of course, I had the volume quite high !! Will be interesting to see if I think it sounds better, or not ?? I guess I can always switch it back...well I hope I can !! ?
I've been so use to listening with the sound adjustment app still in place, for the past week, that I'm not sure I'm going to like it ??

I thought I'd just check if I can put it back, if need be, & the sound adjustment app is now not even listed, so it looks like I can't revert back....I hope I don't live to regret this !! ? Initial impressions, sounds boomy !!
It was posted, that you can revert back, can someone clarify if this is actually possible ??

PANIC OVER !!! It is still there, you have to scroll to the bottom of the list ! 

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #9,274 of 14,755
Estron had a great sale on their Linum cables, Balanced incl (1.5ohm just like the BaX), but imho, I'd wait for the Super BaX /Balanced. Tried that one at CanJam, with the CE6P.
I personally wouldn't pay to get the normal Balanced but wait for the Super one.

You will probably have to wait a long time for them to release a 3,5mm cable as they have no intention of doing so for the moment (at lest the next 3-4 months and probably longer). One could get the 2,5mm cable and reterminate that

Dec 3, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #9,276 of 14,755
Guys is the stock player that bad?..assuming I turn all sound enhancement off except clear bass?.is it not as good as the paid ones on the play store?

It is not bad if u turn off sound adjustment. Just other apps has better features. Onkyo has EQ and need no sound adjustment disable, and gone mad is a very detailed player

Dec 3, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #9,277 of 14,755
Guys is the stock player that bad?..assuming I turn all sound enhancement off except clear bass?.is it not as good as the paid ones on the play store?

Its debatable you gotta try it yourself,

For me i found no obvious changes to the better, so i prefered the stock app.

others see the opposite.. so you try it yourself

i agree with the trrs improvements though..

also we are all waiting for your impressions against p1 !!

Dec 3, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #9,278 of 14,755
Hi,
I am a very happy zx2 owner using Fi-Ba-ss headphones and Shure 535.

It sounds utterly fantastic, (haven't disabled sound app, but switched it all off).

I will be getting Shure 846 next week and expect that they will perhaps be my favourites.

I have no idea what TRRS is and with all the praise it recieves I am obviously interested.
Can someone explain a little better how to go about trying TRRS.

Many thanks

Dec 3, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #9,280 of 14,755
thanks for that.I don't really need to stream anything on the zx2 I'm just buying it solely for playing music files.I'm actually enjoying the cowon P1 so the zx2 will have to be really good for me to not send it back . The UI on the P1 is simple and fast as well.Zx2 has a better battery life so that is another factor to consider..decisions decisionso. .hmmmm

To my ears the P1 has noticeably better Sound Quality, much better EQ options, dead easy Interface and the ability to drive headphones the ZX2 just can't touch. I have to use a portable headphone amp to get the SQ close to the P1.

Dec 4, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #9,281 of 14,755
axaxaxaxaxaa , i wish i could but for now the only black hole is the void in my wallet :p

if i sell my K3003 , well yeah i may buy something :rolleyes:  - i don't want to , but the voices tell me otherwise :gs1000smile:

if i enter the customs land , it was a pleasure talking to you :cool:  

A little polish company "Custom Art" has very very good CIEM for less than $500, look at the threads on headfi

Dec 4, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #9,282 of 14,755
To my ears the P1 has noticeably better Sound Quality, much better EQ options, dead easy Interface and the ability to drive headphones the ZX2 just can't touch. I have to use a portable headphone amp to get the SQ close to the P1.

Did you try TRRS output on zx2 ? Try disable the sound enhancement app ? Or use other player app such as Onkyo or gone mad ? Because stock zx2 player doesn't sound the way it should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back