SONY NW-ZX2
Mar 15, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #2,956 of 14,773

and what will happen if i connect a headphone splitter (for the sharing is caring users) into my walkman and i connect a balanced audio cable to each jack of the Y splitter?

Can't answer without a standard. An adapter cable can always be configured to play a balanced phone from a 3 pole output if you start with a 3 pole plug and the correct jacks for the phone. It just won't be balanced.

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #2,959 of 14,773

This is the 'Balanced' story all over again. If Sony did intend to implement a true balanced output and now with this 'Gorilla" glass question they would have advertised these selling points again and again.
No Gorilla glass period.

I wouldn't care. Gorilla is a trademarked glass and there are other screens that are quite good. I suspect it's more than just tempered even if not Gorilla. This is personal but I couldn't care less about balanced output. There's no technical advantage at the output if grounded properly and the way they do the jack may actually maintain that sort of grounding for balanced plugs as well.

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #2,960 of 14,773

And your question would be ? :rolleyes: I am a bit confused .

Regarding sound quality ? Yes, it is clearer, cleaner, the sounds become more pronounced, because the transient sounds reveal itself better....the transition from notes to notes and from left to right is more pronounced, better and smoother, which results in an even more 3 dimensional appearance of the soundstage. This sound quality improvement is definitely there. Is it subtle ? Yes. Will it be worth it ? Depend on how happy you will be on spending your money :wink:

To me, the improvement is worth it. It also utilizes the best of ZX2, the second ground. It is much of an improvement that I can't let myself pairing my Im04 with stock cable anymore :cool:

Regarding the glass. I think it really is a tempered glass, with a bit of quality like more dense and more thick ? Like I said, glasses with stronger structure will have the molacule structure tighter, denser, hence the surface tensions from the water drop can hold itself better. This will results in the water drop to shrink into a ball. The more the water spread out, the less dense and thick the molacule structure of the glass. I can almost guarantee this is the glass on the ZX2. Try it, drop 1 drop of water on any tempered glass surface, and watch the water spread. Do it to your iPhone and see how the water hold itself in a better formation.

Unless somebody accidently drop their :wink:

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #2,961 of 14,773
I think you misunderstood. Nowadays devices are phasing out the concept of Bluetooth tethering. Instead a phone or 3G/4G tablet creates it's own unique WiFi hotspot. So for example, on my phone, I go into a menu that says "Create WiFi Hotspot" and I create my own network called "MyNet". This WiFi network is password locked so only your own devices can connect to it. Then you simply go to the ZX2 and join your own WiFi network, and voila, you have 3G/4G access on your ZX2.
old post

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #2,962 of 14,773
is your phone able to create a wifi hotspot and share out your data plan? if yes..then you can share it to your tablet and then zx2 also can use the wifi hotspot/tether from your phone..since zx2 is able to use any wifi to function...
old post

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #2,964 of 14,773
And your question would be ?
rolleyes.gif
I am a bit confused .

Regarding sound quality ? Yes, it is clearer, cleaner, the sounds become more pronounced, because the transient sounds reveal itself better....the transition from notes to notes and from left to right is more pronounced, better and smoother, which results in an even more 3 dimensional appearance of the soundstage. This sound quality improvement is definitely there. Is it subtle ? Yes. Will it be worth it ? Depend on how happy you will be on spending your money
wink.gif

To me, the improvement is worth it. It also utilizes the best of ZX2, the second ground. It is much of an improvement that I can't let myself pairing my Im04 with stock cable anymore
cool.gif

Regarding the glass. I think it really is a tempered glass, with a bit of quality like more dense and more thick ? Like I said, glasses with stronger structure will have the molacule structure tighter, denser, hence the surface tensions from the water drop can hold itself better. This will results in the water drop to shrink into a ball. The more the water spread out, the less dense and thick the molacule structure of the glass. I can almost guarantee this is the glass on the ZX2. Try it, drop 1 drop of water on any tempered glass surface, and watch the water spread. Do it to your iPhone and see how the water hold itself in a better formation.

Unless somebody accidently drop their
wink.gif

basically the muc cable looks a lot thicker than the cables you have and from what I understand, long as the outputting source can handle it, thicker is usually better (at least that's what someone told me).   I do notice the difference between the stock versus muc cables, but now since your cables are thinner but have a 4 prong, is it better than the muc?  grr, i'm getting confused explaining lol

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #2,965 of 14,773

A water drop on the ZX2 glass. See how it spread.

Now compare to this water drop which was dropped from.zx2 to ipad air 2

See how the water formed the ball better ? And IPad Air 2 doesn't have sapphire glass....it is something else, but of good quality.

Could be a coating as well. Hard to know what you're testing without more info on what's actually used but it's a good indicator that it isn't Gorilla.
beerchug.gif

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #2,966 of 14,773

A water drop on the ZX2 glass. See how it spread.

Now compare to this water drop which was dropped from.zx2 to ipad air 2

See how the water formed the ball better ? And IPad Air 2 doesn't have sapphire glass....it is something else, but of good quality.

lol the water drop test, I would have never thought about something like that. now you need to go all the way and tell us how all those surfaces taste(need pictures!!!)
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #2,967 of 14,773
I can't believe Sony will not divulge info on what kind of glass this is, or if it is even scratch resistant. Sounds to me like the glass cannot be very good if they refuse to answer questions. For a $1300 dap, this seems ludicrous. I'd like to know if it is necessary to buy a screen protector.

Mar 15, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #2,969 of 14,773
I'd buy a screen protector regardless of what it was. 

You see, with an iPad I never have to worry about scratches. I have had one for four years (no protector) and not a mark on it. It does not need a plastic screen. The question is WHY does Sony refuse to reveal what they use for glass? That is basic info to me and should be answered for a $300 let alone $1300 investment.

Mar 15, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #2,970 of 14,773
I can't believe Sony will not divulge info on what kind of glass this is, or if it is even scratch resistant. Sounds to me like the glass cannot be very good if they refuse to answer questions. For a $1300 dap, this seems ludicrous. I'd like to know if it is necessary to buy a screen protector.

how often did sony reply to one of your questions that wasn't already in the help guide?
sony PR people are trained ninjas, nobody ever caught one. they often don't even communicate on the good stuff they do, that's how sly they are ^_^.
sony not talking isn't a good or a bad thing, it's sony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back