Dec 3, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #1,876 of 3,849
but they are not joystick
redface.gif

they feel fine for me, a bit of the click'y sound but dont bother me
wink.gif

Dec 3, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #1,877 of 3,849
but they are not joystick :xf_eek:

they feel fine for me, a bit of the click'y sound but dont bother me:wink:
People are not always literal like a robot.

Dec 3, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #1,878 of 3,849
True its buttons no stick that is being pushed up or down.

Dec 3, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #1,879 of 3,849
^ we agree with that
biggrin.gif

i feel sad with our ZX100, already out more than a month but still no proper review from well known websites..
somehow i feel they are really over priced for $600. Sony missed the IN-market the touch screen and Wifi.
i will be very happy if this model have at least a touch screen and a dedicated line out jack. it also have a good
features like 128gb of storage and awesome battery life and SQ but i still find the $600 price is still too much.
im just lucky i got mine for less than $450 but for $600 i will never buy this Dap, i have more cons in my mind
than pros, but for the price i paid i have nothing to protest
beerchug.gif

Dec 3, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #1,880 of 3,849
^ we agree with that :D

i feel sad with our ZX100, already out more than a month but still no proper review from well known websites..
somehow i feel they are really over priced for $600. Sony missed the IN-market the touch screen and Wifi.
i will be very happy if this model have at least a touch screen and a dedicated line out jack. it also have a good
features like 128gb of storage and awesome battery life and SQ but i still find the $600 price is still too much.
im just lucky i got mine for less than $450 but for $600 i will never buy this Dap, i have more cons in my mind
than pros, but for the price i paid i have nothing to protest :beerchug:  

It's quite ugly as well lol

Dec 3, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #1,881 of 3,849
Dec 3, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #1,882 of 3,849
the design is not bad but can be improved, i do more prefer a flat back area..
i wish they just make it flat and put more battery capacity and increase the output power a little bit more.

Dec 3, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #1,883 of 3,849
  the design is not bad but can be improved, i do more prefer a flat back area..
i wish they just make it flat and put more battery capacity and increase the output power a little bit more.

Agree more battery and more power yeah!!!

Dec 3, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #1,884 of 3,849
  for the zx100 owner, is the joystick feel solid enough for many years of use?

Maybe yes if you treat it well and don't push HARD when f.e angry or so, but yeah i feel they are pretty sensitive LOL​

Dec 4, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #1,885 of 3,849
  Maybe yes if you treat it well and don't push HARD when f.e angry or so, but yeah i feel they are pretty sensitive LOL​

they are good and responsive there is no reason to be angry
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #1,887 of 3,849
  ^ we agree with that
biggrin.gif

than pros, but for the price i paid i have nothing to protest
beerchug.gif

What a great deal! 700$ in France near twice your price, well i think ill wait for a price drop 

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #1,888 of 3,849
Hi just a quick question about DSD files on the zx100.

I understand that the zx100 converts DSD files into 24bit/176 PCM in real time.

If I converted my DSD files to 24/176 flac would they should better than playing DSD in real time ?

The sound, if converted to flac format, is pretty much the same and I cannot recognize any difference from the DSD file. But this is according to my ears.

What I would suggest for you to do is to save the same song on your nw zx100 in 2 formats, one in its original DSD format while the other one the converted file. From there, you can just rewind and forward to discern the difference. Enjoy!

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #1,890 of 3,849
what dac chip is used in this?

i cant find much information about it, in house design? 

Proprietary in-house design, yes indeed, or the same in nw zx2.

If you haven't bought it, you don't know what you're missing. This DAP blows out of the water some of higher priced mobile DAPs of other highly regarded brands (I don't want to mention the said brands as I might get castrated in this forum :)) But do note that the nw zx100 is best suited for low to medium impedance IEMs. You can (somewhat) drive higher impedance headphones like the OPPO PM3 or hifiman he 560, but the sound quality will never be the same as with proper or powerful sources which needs to drive the said high impedance headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back