SONY NW-ZX100
Dec 4, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #1,906 of 3,849

indeed but CES 2016 is arround the corner and what if...? LOL a ne wmodel comes out

i think not yet, Sony just transferred the walkman to new company, it might take them a bit long to make new models
it will be a big shame to them if they ****** up Sony product

let's see what happens but hope walkman still lives, but i fear same fate as iPod as *the vast majority* wanst all-in-one solution (culprit smartphones)

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #1,907 of 3,849
  its a hard choice and i cant decide.

Fiio x5II, sony ZX100, ibasso DX80, Colorfly C10, Fiio X7

really hard to make decision, dont forget the new Cowon Plenue D
biggrin.gif

decide first what you really want and need on a DAP, then choose the design you like

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #1,908 of 3,849
  let's see what happens but hope walkman still lives, but i fear same fate as iPod as *the vast majority* wanst all-in-one solution (culprit smartphones)

that's true, if sony dont improve their over priced walkman it might die soon
i hope they will listen to their customers feedback, like Fiio here, they have direct interaction with customers
they listen and they improve their products on what the market want and need.
i almost bought the Fiio X5 2nd gen before i just dont like the wheel button design..

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #1,909 of 3,849
its a hard choice and i cant decide.

Fiio x5II, sony ZX100, ibasso DX80, Colorfly C10, Fiio X7

I had the fiio x5 ii, and it was a good buy. I eventually sold it to the audiophile shop who sold the unit to me as the battery life deteriorated over time (it was covered by warranty but decided to sell it).

I bought the nw zx100 blindly without auditioning, because I can't stand listening again to smartphones for mobile listening, and it was a good decision. To my ears, the zx100 is better dynamically and sonically than the fiio x5 ii, though x5 ii is also very competent in its own regard, don't get me wrong, and can play DSD files natively.

However, I would suggest for you to hold any purchases now and WAIT for the fiio x7. The audiophile shop owner auditioned this in an event and told me that the x7 is (a little bit) better than the nw zx100 and almost at par, if not better, with the nw zx2. Very dynamic if used with the noble k10 and shure se535, according to him.

Dec 5, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #1,910 of 3,849
  that's true, if sony dont improve their over priced walkman it might die soon

A DAP with high quality internals such as the ZX2 for example, will always cost more. You cannot expect them to build a high-end product with high quality internals and then sell it at a price of the current A series for example. There are audiophiles out there who are willing to pay even more for better sound quality

Sony has also its cheaper walkman line so I don't think it will die only because some of us cannot afford / or won't go for a higher priced DAP such as the ZX2.

Dec 5, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #1,911 of 3,849
  A DAP with high quality internals such as the ZX2 for example, will always cost more. You cannot expect them to build a high-end product with high quality internals and then sell it at a price of the current A series for example. There are audiophiles out there who are willing to pay even more for better sound quality

Sony has also its cheaper walkman line so I don't think it will die only because some of us cannot afford / or won't go for a higher priced DAP such as the ZX2.

I am a user of ZX1 but Pioneer XDP-100R is way better than ZX-100. But sound wise is subjective.... I may like it you not like it. But for Pioneer UI is way much better than ZX Series. Accessing setting is a breeze. Battery life i think is everyone concern.. Mine from Mon till now still left 50%... I cant believe... I dun listen music every min.... but ZX1 cant last that long.... Maybe ZX2 is on par....

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #1,912 of 3,849
[COLOR=FF00AA]F[/COLOR]
I am a user of ZX1 but Pioneer XDP-100R is way better than ZX-100. But sound wise is subjective.... I may like it you not like it. But for Pioneer UI is way much better than ZX Series. Accessing setting is a breeze. Battery life i think is everyone concern.. Mine from Mon till now still left 50%... I cant believe... I dun listen music every min.... but ZX1 cant last that long.... Maybe ZX2 is on par....

Pioneer XDP 100R is more aggressive in terms of output power. So I guess it will sound more dynamic than the nw-zx100, but better sounding - that is for the listener to decide :)

On another note, it is interesting that the XDP 100R just uses the mobile version of the Sabre ES9018 DAC instead of the flagship one that is used in fiio Z7 (the mobile version of this ES9018DAC is also used in the latest LG flagship smartphones). I haven't heard the X7, so I am eagerly waiting to audition (and probably purchase) the x7 :)

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #1,913 of 3,849
F
Pioneer XDP 100R is more aggressive in terms of output power. So I guess it will sound more dynamic than the nw-zx100, but better sounding - that is for the listener to decide
smily_headphones1.gif

On another note, it is interesting that the XDP 100R just uses the mobile version of the Sabre ES9018 DAC instead of the flagship one that is used in fiio Z7 (the mobile version of this ES9018DAC is also used in the latest LG flagship smartphones). I haven't heard the X7, so I am eagerly waiting to audition (and probably purchase) the x7
smily_headphones1.gif

oh didnt know about that. But design architecture of the product also play a part, If the design architecture of component is not gd no point having a good DAC chip. But I maybe wrong....

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #1,915 of 3,849
I got a PONO and sunds waaaayyyy better than the ZX100, is more musical and detailed player i've heard in my life, pics coming soon

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #1,916 of 3,849

Here is my new PONO PLayer and it tastes delicious too
Quote:
  I got a PONO and sunds waaaayyyy better than the ZX100, is more musical and detailed player i've heard in my life, pics coming soon

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #1,918 of 3,849

popcorn.gif
 w-a-a-a-y-y-y-y better

Dec 5, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #1,919 of 3,849

Users who are viewing this thread

Back