SONY NW-ZX100
Dec 4, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #1,892 of 3,849

What a great deal! 700$ in France near twice your price, well i think ill wait for a price drop 

worst part is you might get the capped version of this Dap.. NO NO NO

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #1,893 of 3,849

what dac chip is used in this?

i cant find much information about it, in house design? 

Proprietary in-house design, yes indeed, or the same in nw zx2.

If you haven't bought it, you don't know what you're missing. This DAP blows out of the water some of higher priced mobile DAPs of other highly regarded brands (I don't want to mention the said brands as I might get castrated in this forum
smily_headphones1.gif
) But do note that the nw zx100 is best suited for low to medium impedance IEMs. You can (somewhat) drive higher impedance headphones like the OPPO PM3 or hifiman he 560, but the sound quality will never be the same as with proper or powerful sources which needs to drive the said high impedance headphones.

Yes it ha the S-MASTER HXDAC/AMP in one chip, according to various sorces the amplification in s-master is done in digital as i have come to understand

Dec 4, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #1,894 of 3,849

Maybe yes if you treat it well and don't push HARD when f.e angry or so, but yeah i feel they are pretty sensitive LOL​

they are good and responsive there is no reason to be angry
biggrin.gif

LOL just kidding hahaha sometimes wiht a slow computer i do press hard the muse buttons (work PCs)

Dec 4, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #1,895 of 3,849
S-master is simply a circuitry of Class D amp, which is specifically engineered by Sony and patterned by Sony under the name "s-Master". HX is a separate chip set that decode and enhance the trebles extensions by using Sony technology+special algorithm .

S-master HX is one body and two separate technology inside the DAP. Class D use pulse code modulating to convert digital to analog signal, there is no DAC inside anything with "S-master". For example PHA-3, it doesn't have "s-master" because it use DAC from Sabres and Op-amp from Texas Instruments...it is considered solid state digital amp.

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #1,896 of 3,849
ZX2 is 30% off  , for 2 hours only at amazon.uk

578 pounds.

Dec 4, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #1,898 of 3,849
Dec 4, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #1,899 of 3,849

Yes it ha the S-MASTER HXDAC/AMP in one chip, according to various sorces the amplification in s-master is done in digital as i have come to understand

thanks, im wary because my previously owned A15 sounded slightly too thin for me but very clear i have to give it that.

id prefer a thicker more analogue sound but with the same clarity.

Dec 4, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #1,902 of 3,849
The sound, if converted to flac format, is pretty much the same and I cannot recognize any difference from the DSD file. But this is according to my ears.

What I would suggest for you to do is to save the same song on your nw zx100 in 2 formats, one in its original DSD format while the other one the converted file. From there, you can just rewind and forward to discern the difference. Enjoy!

Playing DSD flacs converted into flac or wav will also extend the battery life by over 10 hours.

I don't think there is much point playing DSD files on the ZX100 becuase it doesn't play them natively.

Also Converting DSD files in real time is not a good idea if you want the best possible sound quality in PCM.

Dec 4, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #1,905 of 3,849

indeed but CES 2016 is arround the corner and what if...? LOL a ne wmodel comes out

i think not yet, Sony just transferred the walkman to new company, it might take them a bit long to make new models
it will be a big shame to them if they ****** up Sony product

Users who are viewing this thread

Back