SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #25,608 of 45,723
Have you guys ever had a malfunction in your WM1A / 1Z? mine had a problem on bluetooth and went for the warranty. they called me today that they had no parts to repair and they exchanged me for another. It's a little worrying for long ownership.:fingers_crossed:

By the way, I'm going to use the topic to ask a few questions. Where I live does not have a store with a wide variety of headphones to try out. sometimes it can be good and bad at the same time. I'm thinking of taking advantage of this Christmas time and giving socks to my family so I can upgrade my iems / headphones. :o2smile:

The genres I usually listen to are pop / rock / metal / alternative / edm 80% of the time. the iems are to be used exclusively on the WM1A while the headphones can also be used on the walkmam but also on the PC for multimedia / movie consumption etc. I thought about buying Andromeda's and the Sony Z1r / Lcd-x. but I was thinking and also would not be bad thought to buy two headphones a bit opposite each other as for example Vega and the HD800S. What do you guys think? Sorry for the long text.

Nov 23, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #25,609 of 45,723
You'll probably hate me for saying it and making you noticing , but ever paid attention to how it seems like there is a witch head between Lindsey and Stevie ?

I've given up trying to keep track of the internal politics of Fleetwood Mac.
I've met Mick Fleetwood twice before concerts at one of those "meet & greet" things. Think he lives in Maui now.

Nov 23, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #25,610 of 45,723
Anyone knows why the Kingston 512GB micro sd goes for $150 while almost every other brands are going for $250? Seems to me the specs are better on the Kingston, too.

Nov 23, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #25,611 of 45,723
Anyone knows why the Kingston 512GB micro sd goes for $150 while almost every other brands are going for $250? Seems to me the specs are better on the Kingston, too.

there's only a few working options at this time and hopefully this is competition...all legit brands are selling out as they come online

should have mine in a couple days, will report back on them

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #25,612 of 45,723
anyone experienced more hangs and crashes than before after upgrading to version 3.00??? I experienced this twice within 4 days already......i am using wm1z...

Nov 24, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #25,613 of 45,723
anyone experienced more hangs and crashes than before after upgrading to version 3.00??? I experienced this twice within 4 days already......i am using wm1z...

Yes so went back to 2.0, never had a crash before 3.0

Nov 24, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #25,616 of 45,723
Whenever I put an SD card in the slot (I've tried 3 different cards)... It always says there's no music on the card? What am I doing wrong? These cards are full of FLAC files and work just fine with other DAP's.
must be the format of the SD, did you ever format it directly form your 1A/1Z ?

Nov 24, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #25,618 of 45,723
Whenever I put an SD card in the slot (I've tried 3 different cards)... It always says there's no music on the card? What am I doing wrong? These cards are full of FLAC files and work just fine with other DAP's.

must be the format of the SD, did you ever format it directly form your 1A/1Z ?

They have to be in a Folder called "Music", all your files and folders should be under "C:\MUSIC\....."

Onl format within player as a LAST resort

make sure it's exfat (allows for files over 4GB) and all files are in a folder on the root named MUSIC (a&k uses this convention also)

Nov 24, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #25,619 of 45,723
WM1A owner should seriously have a look into the IER-M9. If you are into monitoring sound, this will be a setup very hard to beat. GIGO will apply if you have all the DSP features off, but with them engaged, it can be more forgiving.

Nov 25, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #25,620 of 45,723
Yes so went back to 2.0, never had a crash before 3.0

Ive experienced 3 crashes although I havent listened a whole lot. one I vaguely realized happened, another happened when i set down the player and picked it up and opened the screen; crash. another crashed mid playing.

Actually I'm rather disappointed they have crashes since 2.00 never crashed. seems to be going backwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back