1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. nc8000 Contributor
    I’ve never tried, am just speaking generally and theoretically, maybe Sony has build in some kind of protection to prevent shorting but I’m not risking a >$2000 peace of equipment trying out something that should normally not work

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  2. Vitaly2017

Yes of course this why I decided to ask on headfi forum and see where it goes.

I agree with you, I have my self read before that some one was explaining that you should not do balance to unbalanced but from unbalanced to balanced it would not cause damage....

The reason why I seek to use 1z 4.4 to rca is because 1z is much better in balanced output vs se...

A ifi rep told me that using a 4.4 from sony to an unbalanced amp wont give any benefits unfortunately so may aswell stay in se for their products...

Pablovi likes this.
  3. pond44
    There must be something happening, the prices for the Z1 have dropped over $1000 in the last few weeks. Not everyone can afford the DMP.

Pablovi likes this.
  4. meomap
    Too expensive in the first place.

5. pond44
    Definitely is, 6-7,000$ would have been more realistic.

6. riotgrrl
    Gerbil86 please stop clogging this thread up with your damn pictures.

Thanks

Viszla likes this.
  7. proedros
    is this the mexican dude that just posts for the sake of posting ? if so, just block/unfollow him

i did so some years back and got peace of mind - first time i block someone anywhere, cause he is a huge source of spam

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    riotgrrl likes this.
  8. DatDudeNic
    Just know that its lower compared to the wm1a, theres zero hiss when i paired it with my zeus while theres a faint hiss when i pair my zeus with my wm1a.

Would like to add that zeus is far more hissy than the andromedas

9. DatDudeNic
    It depends on what iem you pair it with. For me i prefer the 1a since my iems lean towards the warm side of things. I find (with my iems) the 1z too thick and bassy for my liking. Oh not to mention its 2x the weight of the 1a lol.

10. DatDudeNic
    Would be interesting which of the 2 you'd buy.

11. LinstantX
    Oh, I bought all the same sony nw-wm1z! Thing worthwhile. That's all in it perfectly, but personally I do not understand why the battery level can not be shown as a percentage...:gs1000smile:

DatDudeNic likes this.
  12. DatDudeNic
    Has anyone noticed a clicking sound when switching between direct and not direct in balanced?

13. LinstantX
    By the way, no one was interested, and how much is the replacement battery for NW-WM1Z?

14. LinstantX
    For the sake of interest.

15. gerelmx1986
    Yes, I get it, but don't know why it does so