1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. nc8000 Contributor
    I doubt it

2. Vitaly2017

I dont know whats sony timeline of realeases but I think it been 3 years now we got 1z? Something tells me it could last as long as 5 years! since 1z is still very strong and going

Sp12er3 likes this.
  3. Sp12er3
    I dont think they'd try to update the WM1A and Z an update with just android as an "upgrade", the two isnt really iterative compatible, knowing their cost and design(the Z especially). Just leave people who wants android walkmans with A100 and ZX500.

If they really want to give android to 1A & 1Z tho, it'd probably goes along with sound (hopefully driving power too) upgrade, take at least 1 more years for them to come up with new package? Sony takes their time when planning their flagship devices.

SolarBeaver and Vitaly2017 like this.
  4. Redcarmoose
    I did and tried it, but feel 3.02 is better for the 1Z, not having the lows the 1A needs. IMO

So the 1A is rolled back to 3.01.

Different folks key into different parts of the sound AND have different IEMs or headphones. There is no right or wrong.....lucky we have choices.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    DatDudeNic and Maxx134 like this.
  5. SolarBeaver
    Thanks guys, I've just ordered 1Z, can't wait to get that beautiful piece of engineering! :smile_phones:
    Btw the price after some discount was $2440, ordered from Russia. I also recently bought a MDR-Z1R, here, in Belarus, for $1150, seems like Sony doesn't have high hopes for people buying hi-fi gear at MSRP in this region :floatsmile:

AeroSatan likes this.
  6. SolarBeaver
    That's good to hear, I've read multiple times that 3.02 is more advanced, but SQ is somewhat flawed, guess it was regarding wm1a.

7. Redcarmoose
    Fabulous deals there! Enjoy!

Sp12er3 and SolarBeaver like this.
  8. mwhals
    So what is the difference for someone in the United States ordering an international version instead of the USA version? Is it warranty, volume cap, etc.?

9. nc8000 Contributor
    volume cap is only on EU units so probably warranty

Sp12er3 likes this.
  10. Pablovi
    Yeah, Sony price it’s products depending on the region, in Latin America they’re pretty cheap, compared to the US and Europe. But they don’t sell the 1Z here, only the 1A.

11. RobertP
    I'm gonna try 3.02 right now. My recabled 1A has too much sub bass sometimes. Lower mid is already fuller, warmer, and better dynamic than normal 1A. I'm not sure about the more forward on the high thing with this lastest firmware.

12. AlexCBSN
    where or who did the rewiring?

13. RobertP
    Did it myself. I have electronic tech background.

I'm still testing 3.02. I'll report back

14. RollsRoys
    It is surprising how some people convince the others on the things they dont know.

4.4 to 2xRCA is totally fine. In fact "balanced" in the portative usage is actually a dual mono. Guess what else is a dual mono? Right, a pair of RCA...

15. nc8000 Contributor
    4.4 is 4 live wires, 2 x rca is 2 live wires and 2 ground wires so you will short 2 active wires to ground if you go 4.4 to rca

Maxx134 and Vitaly2017 like this.