SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #29,926 of 45,723
Unfortunately, I have two separate amps I'm using, a Macintosh pre-amp and the PrimaLuna integrated. I'm going to say the latter sounds better to my ears.

So I could use without problems the 1z 4.4 into ifi itubes2 rca without issues then?

Thats worrying one say it will frie and other one says its all good lol.

Dangy ...

Oct 5, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #29,927 of 45,723
So I could use without problems the 1z 4.4 into ifi itubes2 rca without issues then?

Thats worrying one say it will frie and other one says its all good lol.

Dangy ...

I’ve never tried, am just speaking generally and theoretically, maybe Sony has build in some kind of protection to prevent shorting but I’m not risking a >$2000 peace of equipment trying out something that should normally not work

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #29,928 of 45,723
I’ve never tried, am just speaking generally and theoretically, maybe Sony has build in some kind of protection to prevent shorting but I’m not risking a >$2000 peace of equipment trying out something that should normally not work

Yes of course this why I decided to ask on headfi forum and see where it goes.

I agree with you, I have my self read before that some one was explaining that you should not do balance to unbalanced but from unbalanced to balanced it would not cause damage....

The reason why I seek to use 1z 4.4 to rca is because 1z is much better in balanced output vs se...

A ifi rep told me that using a 4.4 from sony to an unbalanced amp wont give any benefits unfortunately so may aswell stay in se for their products...

Oct 8, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #29,933 of 45,723
Gerbil86 please stop clogging this thread up with your damn pictures.

Thanks

is this the mexican dude that just posts for the sake of posting ? if so, just block/unfollow him

i did so some years back and got peace of mind - first time i block someone anywhere, cause he is a huge source of spam

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #29,934 of 45,723
No one knows what output impedance has NW-WM1Z?
Just know that its lower compared to the wm1a, theres zero hiss when i paired it with my zeus while theres a faint hiss when i pair my zeus with my wm1a.

Would like to add that zeus is far more hissy than the andromedas

Oct 8, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #29,935 of 45,723
Guys, I'm really torn between wm1a and wm1z, yes I know it's been asked countless of times, I've read through numerous reviews, briefly browsed through this 2k long thread, but still, if anyone has/used at some point both players, could you please throw your opinion if the SQ is really all that different, what is the consensus on this?
Thanks in advance...
It depends on what iem you pair it with. For me i prefer the 1a since my iems lean towards the warm side of things. I find (with my iems) the 1z too thick and bassy for my liking. Oh not to mention its 2x the weight of the 1a lol.

Oct 8, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #29,936 of 45,723
I have not seen it for less, but I haven’t looked too hard yet as I haven’t decided on which DAP to get yet.
Would be interesting which of the 2 you'd buy.

Oct 8, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #29,937 of 45,723
Oh, I bought all the same sony nw-wm1z! Thing worthwhile. That's all in it perfectly, but personally I do not understand why the battery level can not be shown as a percentage...:gs1000smile:

Oct 8, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #29,938 of 45,723
Has anyone noticed a clicking sound when switching between direct and not direct in balanced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back