Sony NW-A50 Series
Feb 24, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #1,939 of 2,423
Does anyone know if the WM-Ports on the A45 and A55 are similar? Got a spare cable and it says it'd work on the A45. I'm wondering if it does for A55.
Yes it’s the same and should work. I’ve used the same cable for ZX2, A45, A55 and 1Z

Feb 24, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #1,940 of 2,423
Yes it’s the same and should work. I’ve used the same cable for ZX2, A45, A55 and 1Z
Same here. I use my A35 cable for the 1A and 1Z also.

Mar 6, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #1,943 of 2,423
Does this output dsd from the WM port or is all dsd converted to pcm regardless of interface?

The 64gb and 32gb models are no longer sold by sony in store or on their website. The only models that can be bought at this time are the 16gb model. It seems they are reducing production variants of this product. There is also a series of disney, marvel, peanuts, winnie the pooh varients. All of these can be special ordered but the disney edition is set to end its production near the end of this month.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #1,944 of 2,423
I'm trying to decide on a DAP upgrade because my FiiO X1 is getting a little long in the tooth. It's been a trooper for about 7 years but the battery is starting to go and I'm having issues with the connections.

I just put in an order for an NW-A55 through Amazon Warehouse deals for $125. Is this the best I can do for under $150? I'm really only concerned with sound quality and bells and whistles are pretty much irrelevant. Hell, if there was a carbon copy of the X1 (which is basically just an original iPod lol) but with a newer chip I'd be totally happy with that.

That said, the NW-A55 looks sexy as hell. Reminds me of my old Zune HD which I loved dearly until I scratched the screen. Also, the first MP3 player I ever owned was an NW-E3, so getting an NW series again would be a hoot.

Mar 13, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #1,945 of 2,423
I'm trying to decide on a DAP upgrade because my FiiO X1 is getting a little long in the tooth. It's been a trooper for about 7 years but the battery is starting to go and I'm having issues with the connections.

I just put in an order for an NW-A55 through Amazon Warehouse deals for $125. Is this the best I can do for under $150? I'm really only concerned with sound quality and bells and whistles are pretty much irrelevant. Hell, if there was a carbon copy of the X1 (which is basically just an original iPod lol) but with a newer chip I'd be totally happy with that.

That said, the NW-A55 looks sexy as hell. Reminds me of my old Zune HD which I loved dearly until I scratched the screen. Also, the first MP3 player I ever owned was an NW-E3, so getting an NW series again would be a hoot.

I think you won't be disappointed at all with the Walkman One (WM1A/WM1Z) firmware - if you're willing to not have the FM radio function.

Mar 14, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #1,948 of 2,423

I've owned a Zune HD, Fiio X3 long time ago. I can tell you that the sound quality of these two can't even come closed to A55 ( with Walkman One fw ). I've tried Fiio M11 sometime ago, which can't deliver those meaty vocals and solid bass like A55 do. A55 is still a good choice even compared to the $500 range model liked Cayin N3Pro ( that I sold after getting the A55 ).

mp3s21.jpg

Mar 14, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #1,949 of 2,423

The A55 is the best dap you can get for under $200 tbh.

Love the thing so much I bought two of them!

Attachments

• 53366.jpg
    53366.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 0
Mar 14, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #1,950 of 2,423
The A55 is the best dap you can get for under $200 tbh.

Love the thing so much I bought two of them!
Yes, even in his Low End DAP, Sony did put in a lot of dedication. S-Master HX, 5 POSCAP, the chassis, everything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back