Sony NW-A50 Series
Jul 23, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #886 of 2,411
Not available. But it's more cosmetic, I don't use it on my ZX-300.

I know, but it looks fancy :D

Question about USB DAC option. I've got Tidal Master subscription, and Tidal windows app installed on my Windows 10 PRO 64 bit device. While playing music from Tidal device shows me that audio signal is PCM with 44,1 kHz. For Master files PCM with 48 kHz. Is it normal? PCM should not be replaced with file format, or MQA for Master files? For .flac files 24/192 played from foobar I've only got PCM 48 kHz too :/

Edit:

Okay I've set my walkman audio card settings under the Windows to default work with 24 bit / 192 kHz output and now I've got PCM 192 kHz on my A55, but also for files with less data bandwitch. Is there a way to set it to audio file decide, and also is this really important for me?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #887 of 2,411
Hi all. I am considering purchasing a new Sony Walkman A55. I need a simple confirmation on a simple query. When used with any 3.5mm cable with microphone (or volume controls), can the user skip a track or jump from one FM radio preset to another using the buttons on the cable itself instead of using the DAP's screen?

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #888 of 2,411
Hi all. I am considering purchasing a new Sony Walkman A55. I need a simple confirmation on a simple query. When used with any 3.5mm cable with microphone (or volume controls), can the user skip a track or jump from one FM radio preset to another using the buttons on the cable itself instead of using the DAP's screen?

Checked with a headphones with single button and it does not work.

Aug 2, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #891 of 2,411
Potentially looking at this as a backup to when my NWX-Z100 breaks down as it's been discontinued. Is it true that the A55 has a 999 song limit in playlists? If so, does anyone know if this can be removed through modification a la Rockbox? It's a shame since this limitation is the only flaw with the A55, but it is an absolute killer for me. Thanks!

Aug 2, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #892 of 2,411
Potentially looking at this as a backup to when my NWX-Z100 breaks down as it's been discontinued. Is it true that the A55 has a 999 song limit in playlists? If so, does anyone know if this can be removed through modification a la Rockbox? It's a shame since this limitation is the only flaw with the A55, but it is an absolute killer for me. Thanks!
The 999 limit may be on the bookmark list e.h on the go playlist. On m3u playlists Sony know but I've managed to load over 2000 songs

Aug 2, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #894 of 2,411
Thanks gerelmx! That is great news; may have an affordable backup to my Z100 which I really love.
I also had a zx100, unfortunately developed a defect. Now I have a WM1A for four years. I got the A55 as a light weight solution. But it is not getting much use

Aug 5, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #895 of 2,411
When I switch on vinyl proc it makes in many songs tiny electric-like sound pyk-pyk in the background that goes alternating from one earphone into another and back ... itit not present when vinyl is off ... somebody else have such problem ?

Aug 5, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #896 of 2,411
i am satisfied with the old F887 but the battery life is already quite small.
I'm thinking of an A-55 maybe an A-105.
I would only use it to listen to music offline.
Which is more recommended?

Aug 6, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #898 of 2,411
i am satisfied with the old F887 but the battery life is already quite small.
I'm thinking of an A-55 maybe an A-105.
I would only use it to listen to music offline.
Which is more recommended?

In my opinion A55 would be better for only offline music. But you can always put it into a bluetooth receiver mode and listen music from your online device via it (by a cord of course, or by a usb dac option). A55 has a better batery life and you can uncap volume limit on it (if it has it) when it is not possible for Sony's Android Walkmans. And you have a possibility to use it (A55) as a USB DAC nad Bluetooth Receiver - as far as I know A105 is not have these functions. A55 GUI should also be faster than A105.

Aug 6, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #899 of 2,411
In my opinion A55 would be better for only offline music. But you can always put it into a bluetooth receiver mode and listen music from your online device via it (by a cord of course, or by a usb dac option). A55 has a better batery life and you can uncap volume limit on it (if it has it) when it is not possible for Sony's Android Walkmans. And you have a possibility to use it (A55) as a USB DAC nad Bluetooth Receiver - as far as I know A105 is not have these functions. A55 GUI should also be faster than A105.

thanks for your help :)

Aug 8, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #900 of 2,411
So I have recently acquired one of these and on the advice of an earlier post from amazon de. It's seems very basic at first. I have a Sony NWZ- E585 from around 2015 which includes a radio and a podcast function and also a jpeg and even video folder although the screen is tiny the A50 doesn't even display the time ! I have to say I'm not really interested in most of those functions although it might be nice to personalize it with a screen saver. I suppose though that it's a good thing to make the music on the player the main focus.

Anyway I have a fairly trivial question but maybe someone can help me with it quickly. In the folder icon there are two options "system storage" and "SD card". All of my music is in "system storage" does that mean I have not mounted the "SD card" correctly ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back