Sony NW-A50 Series
Apr 1, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #811 of 2,411
Hi guys , wanna ask. Is this dap can be used for audio receiver for my portable DAC+amp(xduoo XD-05 plus) with LDAC? Is there any better dap in Same price? I also interested on hiby r3 pro.
Thx :D
If your setup can connect to wireless headphones or Bluetooth speaker, than it will also be able to connect to the A50 as well. The supported codecs include: LDAC, AptX, AptX HD, and lower bit rate ones. But what you probably meant was using the A50 as transmitter not receiver, but either way it should work fine.

Apr 10, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #812 of 2,411
The A55 is arriving today so I wonder if it will run my Focal Clear. If not I'll use my Oriveti New Primacy.

Apr 12, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #814 of 2,411
Any way to save track position on the a55? Specifically asking as I can't find a way to do it for audio books.
I put a track in pause in the middle and turned it off and on, waited for the DB update and it saved the track position.

Other method is to never turn it off

Apr 12, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #815 of 2,411
Any way to save track position on the a55? Specifically asking as I can't find a way to do it for audio books.

AFAIK sadly not (other than what gerelmx mentioned). If you can scrounge up an A10 or A20 series they have a proper podcast/audiobook saving feature. ATM the only DAPs i'm aware of that can do that would be Rockbox compatable ones (bookmarking feature) or android ones w/ the right app. maybe some of the cheap budget DAPs have that too idk.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #816 of 2,411
I put a track in pause in the middle and turned it off and on, waited for the DB update and it saved the track position.

Other method is to never turn it off

Ah, OK. So it needs to be paused then turned off. I paused the track, played another, and went back to the track and it started from the beginning. I'll try the power cycle, thanks!

Apr 12, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #817 of 2,411

This has long been a compliant (rightfully) directed at Sony Walkmans. Why they won't directly support audio books is beyond my comprehension.

Apr 13, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #818 of 2,411
This has long been a compliant (rightfully) directed at Sony Walkmans. Why they won't directly support audio books is beyond my comprehension.
I don't.know if @ColdsnapBry could test an audiobook track in the folder called LEARNING, then go to language learning mode, play it pause it, go back to music mode and then go back to Language learning mode? I've tried this for my upcoming Deutschtest für Zuwanderer

Apr 13, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #820 of 2,411
Nope and it's really annoying that as far as I know none of the dap's these days have native audiobook/podcast support. Sure with android you can install your own but it's just so damn clunky having to use a separate app for it. The only dap with dedicated audiobook (that I know of) support is the ipod touch. Think the confusion comes from audible from comments made in the past. When asking for audiobook support they think that's what we want.

Apr 13, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #822 of 2,411
My Sansa clip had audiobook support back in the day! :smile: I do like the NW-A55, it plays music, has a wonderful hardware design, and a forever battery life.
Yep and that's what so frustrating about the sony players. They include that one function and they've got a customer for life from me. Would get the a105 but reports of the dreaded volume cap mean it's a non starter unless I import a non eu one (not a good idea atm!).

Apr 14, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #823 of 2,411
I wonder why the NW-A55 ( and the Sony Music Center ) doesn't reconize all my songs as Hi-Res quality, even if it are flac, alac or ape files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back