Sony NW-A50 Series
Feb 12, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #781 of 2,411
Question! Does Clear Audio+, DSEE HX, DC Phase Linearizer, VPT (Surround), Dynamic Normalizer.. blah blah blah work when in Bluetooth mode? I feel like I remember reading it does not but I can’t find anything.
yeah it worked

Receiver mode yes, transmitter mode no AFAICT, maybe i'm mixed up though don't have mine at hand to test ATM

Mar 6, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #786 of 2,411
Anyone know if there are any mod for a55?

Mar 8, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #789 of 2,411
It allows you to adjust the regional settings of your NW-Ax5 from one regions feature set to another’s. Only EU has an 85dB SPL cap on their units, so by changing to another region you lose the cap

Mar 8, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #790 of 2,411
It allows you to adjust the regional settings of your NW-Ax5 from one regions feature set to another’s. Only EU has an 85dB SPL cap on their units, so by changing to another region you lose the cap
Mine is Asian region with no volume cap, so i don't think i need to adjust the volume cap. Thanks btw

Mar 11, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #791 of 2,411
Regarding the RockBox SCSI tool:

According to some users, settings specific to one region may remain when migrating to another region. For instance English remains when switching to J region. Is that done intentionally?

Is there a way to back up the initial factory settings of the NW-A55 and potentially later rewrite them with no changes done?
I am really looking forward to your reply.

Mar 12, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #792 of 2,411
Hi all - have opted for a NW-A55L as my first foray into the world of lossless etc - paring with WH-1000MX3's - I see that you cannot adjust the equaliser once BT headphones are connected - not a big deal as I can always go wired - however I did see a post on the Sony support website that says something along the lines of "if you pair it with the headphones app on your mobile device, set the equaliser, its saved to the headset and will be active when you pair to the NW-A50 series" However the caveat here was the headphones mentioned were the WF-1000MX3 - which seems a bit strange - surely the same technology applies to what are effectively siblings in their noise cancelling range?

Is anyone able to confirm?

I'll edit the post if I can find the link again!

edit - https://www.sony.com/electronics/su...tooth-headphones/wf-1000xm3/articles/00231073

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #793 of 2,411
Hi all - have opted for a NW-A55L as my first foray into the world of lossless etc - paring with WH-1000MX3's - I see that you cannot adjust the equaliser once BT headphones are connected - not a big deal as I can always go wired - however I did see a post on the Sony support website that says something along the lines of "if you pair it with the headphones app on your mobile device, set the equaliser, its saved to the headset and will be active when you pair to the NW-A50 series" However the caveat here was the headphones mentioned were the WF-1000MX3 - which seems a bit strange - surely the same technology applies to what are effectively siblings in their noise cancelling range?

Is anyone able to confirm?

I'll edit the post if I can find the link again!

edit - https://www.sony.com/electronics/su...tooth-headphones/wf-1000xm3/articles/00231073

Small correction: LDAC is 'hi res' but not lossless (there is no lossless bluetooth codec as yet, AFAIK). If they do not advertise that feature for your specific set of headphones I would not have any expectation for it to work, of course if you already have them it would not hurt to try. Perhaps try asking on the relevant headphone's thread.

Mar 12, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #794 of 2,411
Regarding the RockBox SCSI tool:

According to some users, settings specific to one region may remain when migrating to another region. For instance English remains when switching to J region. Is that done intentionally?

Is there a way to back up the initial factory settings of the NW-A55 and potentially later rewrite them with no changes done?
I am really looking forward to your reply.

Today I got a reply from Amaury Pouly regarding the region changing tool.

'' I think this is merely a side-effect of how the firmware works: the settings are stored "somewhere" (not sure where). Then the firmware applies them regardless of the region.

Finally, the UI decides which settings to show you based on the region.

This explains why, for instance, if you set it to english and then set the region to J, it is still in english but the J destination does not show you a language setting.

As far as I know, there is no way to dump all the settings. However, I suspect the following will work just as well to "reset":

- set the player to whatever region you want the default settings

- select "factory reset" in the menu

=> I suspect the player will use the "factory reset" options for that particular destination.

I haven't tried it though so I can't be sure, but this would make sense since the manual says you can hit factory reset to restore the initial parameters.

Amaury
"

Someone described the case of performing factory reset with region changed to J. As a result the UI switched to Japanese with no option to change language, witch would be the expected outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back