Sony NW-A50 Series
Apr 5, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #1,427 of 2,411
Apologies if this has been asked, I did search but could not find anything.

I have an A55 on the way and whilst I do have one of the new Surface Gos I am pretty much 100% Mac. Other than dragging files over using finder in OSX is there a beter way of managing and transfering music to the A55 on a Mac? is there a media manager that people are using? I am fully prepared for lots of my FLAC files to not be in the right format to show up etc and would rather avoid a lot of manual editing and artwork downloading!

Thanks

Apr 5, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #1,428 of 2,411
Apologies if this has been asked, I did search but could not find anything.

I have an A55 on the way and whilst I do have one of the new Surface Gos I am pretty much 100% Mac. Other than dragging files over using finder in OSX is there a beter way of managing and transfering music to the A55 on a Mac? is there a media manager that people are using? I am fully prepared for lots of my FLAC files to not be in the right format to show up etc and would rather avoid a lot of manual editing and artwork downloading!

Thanks
Just drag and drop, and if you can manage to get MrWalkman fw installed on it, both progressive and baseline album art should show up

Apr 5, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #1,429 of 2,411
Hi all, I just bought the A55 for my gf. Before giving it to her, I want to play around with it a bit to have a taste of Sony‘s sound. Can you tell me what is the main sound difference between the A50Z and the DMP-A50 mod? Can I install one mod after another without reverting to stock fw in advance? Thank you very much!

Apr 6, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #1,432 of 2,411
Thanks again for this suggestion. Is there a consensus as to which one of the MrWalkman Fws to go with? The A50Z or the DMP-A50 one?

A matter of taste, really. Can't go wrong with either, both beat the stock fw. Try both, it's easy (just read the instructions on his webpage) You'll need a windows machine/virtual machine.

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #1,433 of 2,411
A matter of taste, really. Can't go wrong with either, both beat the stock fw. Try both, it's easy (just read the instructions on his webpage) You'll need a windows machine/virtual machine.
Just watched a YouTube video on the DMP one and it said worth it for getting around some limitations but no changes to sound quality. May try the A50Z one.

Apr 6, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #1,434 of 2,411
Just watched a YouTube video on the DMP one and it said worth it for getting around some limitations but no changes to sound quality. May try the A50Z one.
Thats the DMP v1. MrWalkman released the V2 already. Sounds cleaner and more refined, especially with the Plus version

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #1,436 of 2,411
This one was for the V2
If you can’t hear any difference between stock and V2 then it is probably not worth trying any of the others

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #1,438 of 2,411
62514060-3164-40DB-9BFB-0688A26CA7B2.jpeg

Another excelent rig

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #1,439 of 2,411
Hello fellow owners. I’m very satisfied with my A55 + rha t20i combo for the most part.
Minor quibbles are:
A55 - not all artwork gets transferred from music centre to player (any tips on how to do this without manually removing offending albums and then manually sourcing alternative JPEGs from google would be appreciated)

as for the rha t20is I feel they were hard to beat in the price range when they were released but that was before several Chinese companies entered the market in a similar price bracket so I’m guessing there’s decent sub £300 options now? My two main issues are comfort related with the t20i - namely I have to push them in every so often to maintain good bass response and the cable memory has started wane over time. Also it’s quite a fatiguing sound after a while. 1-2 hours is about max listening time before I switch to the more relaxed 1more over ears I have.

I hope someone has gotten this far and can offer some experience of upgrading from the t20i to something available in the UK/EU. Cheers.

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #1,440 of 2,411
Hello fellow owners. I’m very satisfied with my A55 + rha t20i combo for the most part.
Minor quibbles are:
A55 - not all artwork gets transferred from music centre to player (any tips on how to do this without manually removing offending albums and then manually sourcing alternative JPEGs from google would be appreciated)

as for the rha t20is I feel they were hard to beat in the price range when they were released but that was before several Chinese companies entered the market in a similar price bracket so I’m guessing there’s decent sub £300 options now? My two main issues are comfort related with the t20i - namely I have to push them in every so often to maintain good bass response and the cable memory has started wane over time. Also it’s quite a fatiguing sound after a while. 1-2 hours is about max listening time before I switch to the more relaxed 1more over ears I have.

I hope someone has gotten this far and can offer some experience of upgrading from the t20i to something available in the UK/EU. Cheers.
The album art is most likely because some are progressive jpeg which the stock fw does not support but which MrWalkmans modded fw supposedly handles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back