Sony NW-A50 Series
Sep 15, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #481 of 2,411
hey,

the sony a55 support hebrew language?
I have the international “tourist” version supporting multiple languages, but Hebrew is not listed. The Hebrew alphabet displays fine in song names though.

Sep 15, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #483 of 2,411
thanks,you know if the a55 is good SQ like the zx300 ?

Unfortunately, it is not. ZX300 has a higher resolution, more detail in the treble and its bass goes deeper.

Sep 17, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #484 of 2,411
Sony Germany has released FW Update V1.02 on NW-A50 series:

https://www.sony.de/electronics/support/downloads/00016312#file_info

Improves the transition between titles when playing via Bluetooth.

Has someone already tested the new release? It it worth updating? I've Japanese FW running and don't want to screw up with all language issues after a factory reset, also I've no problems playing via Bluetooth, smooth & without gaps

Sep 18, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #485 of 2,411
Me and my nephew have installed the update immediately. But as we do not use Bluetooth we cannot tell if there is any difference in transition.

Besides we had no issues since the update.

I think if you don't have any problems there is no need to go for such a minor update...

Greeeez from Germany

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #487 of 2,411
Hi everyone, small favour/question, perhaps a reply via private message would be best.

My question is, has anyone taken apart their NW-A50 here before and snapped any high res pictures of the inside chips and parts? Likewise same for anyone who took apart the older NW-A40 and A30 as well. Or if not, has anyone seen any good sites that have a teardown where one can read the different chips? FCC has poor res photos so that does not help.

cheers.

Sep 19, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #488 of 2,411
Hey guys. I've been slowly researching the past few months about getting my first DAP. So far in terms of budget, the A55 and the Fiio M6 are the closest to each other. At the moment, in my country, the A55 cost around 160USD while the Fiio M6 is around 180USD. I'm an IEM person and I'm currently using the TFZ Exclusive 1 for my FLAC/24bit listening needs on my desktop pc(I'm using an onboard sound card so I doubt it's all that great.).

Will the A55 be good enough as my first DAP? I'm leaning towards the A55 since I don't wanna spend too much for my first DAP. I won't be using it for streaming music as well.(I have my phone for casual spotify listening.) I won't be buying any expensive IEM in the near future since I feel my current IEM is good enough at the moment if I use it on a DAP. I do intend on buying another IEM maybe towards the end of the year but it'll be on the 100USD range.

Thanks!

Sep 24, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #489 of 2,411
So word is the A55 may finally make an appearance in Europe

Has anyone heard of it being released in North America at some point. That is assuming the A105 and ZX500 make it here as well.

Sep 24, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #490 of 2,411
Hey guys. I've been slowly researching the past few months about getting my first DAP. So far in terms of budget, the A55 and the Fiio M6 are the closest to each other. At the moment, in my country, the A55 cost around 160USD while the Fiio M6 is around 180USD. I'm an IEM person and I'm currently using the TFZ Exclusive 1 for my FLAC/24bit listening needs on my desktop pc(I'm using an onboard sound card so I doubt it's all that great.).

Will the A55 be good enough as my first DAP? I'm leaning towards the A55 since I don't wanna spend too much for my first DAP. I won't be using it for streaming music as well.(I have my phone for casual spotify listening.) I won't be buying any expensive IEM in the near future since I feel my current IEM is good enough at the moment if I use it on a DAP. I do intend on buying another IEM maybe towards the end of the year but it'll be on the 100USD range.

Thanks!
Depends what you prefer. Pure sound quality or online capabilities? The M6 has Wi-Fi and supports streaming apps like Spotify. The A55 doesn’t have that, but to my ears it is more musical. Male hip hop vocals sounded a bit weird / artificial on M6 while on A55 everything sounded realistic. Resolution is about the same. Both have their bass boosted with no EQ. The A55 has more sub bass than M6. M6 seems to have more mid bass boost. Both can be a good first DAP no doubt.

Sep 24, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #491 of 2,411
So word is the A55 may finally make an appearance in Europe

Has anyone heard of it being released in North America at some point. That is assuming the A105 and ZX500 make it here as well.

Curious where you saw the info about a release in Europe. I doubt they would release a year old product into Europe but I could be wrong. North American release won't be happening for the old A50 either. Sony has not announced the new A100 for NA, so it might happen at CES hopefully.

Sep 24, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #492 of 2,411
Sep 24, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #493 of 2,411
thanks for the info, will be interesting if all the regions will get it or just some. Sony has already shifted the date of the h.ear on to mid december from december 1st in germany, and looking at the UK, the ship date is even further, december 23rd, ouch.

Sep 24, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #494 of 2,411
They listed it on Amazon for pre-order.

I'm jealous... too bad that display of new Walkmans will probably not make it to the US. AccessoryJack, here we come (again).

Sep 24, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #495 of 2,411
I'm jealous... too bad that display of new Walkmans will probably not make it to the US. AccessoryJack, here we come (again).

Both the new A-series and ZX-series went through the FCC in early august, so they should be offered in the US but it might be only after CES in january. But I will probably be importing mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back