Sony NW-A50 Series
Aug 26, 2022 at 3:41 AM Post #2,221 of 2,411
Look for Sony WMC-NWH10 at Amazon Japan. It is a USB conversion cable with hi-res audio output.
You will need to connect this cable via another cable (with USB male connector on one end) to your amp.

That's not the analog out, that's for digital out and is clumsy.

For analog out, a simple Fiio L5 cable is enough (if you can find it)
For digital out, find Fiio L27 or a zillion comparable other one.

Aug 26, 2022 at 6:10 AM Post #2,222 of 2,411
Have it burn in for approx. 200 hours and you must be happy.
What effect of burn in have you heard? Personally, I got a refurbished unit. So I am not able to comment on this topic...

Aug 26, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #2,223 of 2,411
What effect of burn in have you heard? Personally, I got a refurbished unit. So I am not able to comment on this topic...
It’s essentially the caps that settle in so the sound gets better controlled and firmer whereas from the start it might be a little fuzzy. We are not talking night and day differences though

Aug 26, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #2,226 of 2,411
That's not the analog out, that's for digital out and is clumsy.

For analog out, a simple Fiio L5 cable is enough (if you can find it)
For digital out, find Fiio L27 or a zillion comparable other one.
Those Fiio cables are pretty hard to find too - at least I had no joy.

Also, IIRC if you do use the MrWalkman firmware on the A55, you will lose the analogue out. Something to do with the firmware being based off the wm1a and it not having line out capabliity

Aug 26, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #2,228 of 2,411
Can I have the link and more info to the special cable?
I should not have answered while commuting on the public transport. I must apologise for inserting a wrong cable name.:sleepy:

The right cable name is "ADL Audio Grade SONY Wlakman Cable WM Port to 3,5 mm Stereo Mini Jack". The cable is made by Furutech.

Aug 26, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #2,229 of 2,411
Those Fiio cables are pretty hard to find too - at least I had no joy.

Also, IIRC if you do use the MrWalkman firmware on the A55, you will lose the analogue out. Something to do with the firmware being based off the wm1a and it not having line out capabliity

Where are you?

Fiio.hu delivers inside Hungary only, but they have the L27

In Slovakia they have the L5 on stock here: https://www.techhouse.sk/produkt/fiio-l5/ (I don't know if they deliver abroad)

Aug 26, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #2,230 of 2,411
Aug 28, 2022 at 3:24 AM Post #2,232 of 2,411
After doing some more research if I was to buy a A55 from Japan would I be able to change the language to English in the settings?

Aug 28, 2022 at 3:34 AM Post #2,233 of 2,411
After doing some more research if I was to buy a A55 from Japan would I be able to change the language to English in the settings?
No problem at all. It takes approx. 10 minutes. You only need a Windows based PC, download Rockbox tool (search for SONYNWDestTool here or google it) and basic experience with Windows command line. After changing the country code from J(apan) to any other via this Rockbox tool you will be able to set English language. If you wanted to buy the SONY remote control, you can set the J country code back without loosing the English menu. More detailed instructions can be found on the Rockbox tool page.

Aug 28, 2022 at 3:54 AM Post #2,235 of 2,411
No problem at all. It takes approx. 10 minutes. You only need a Windows based PC, download Rockbox tool (search for SONYNWDestTool here or google it) and basic experience with Windows command line. After changing the country code from J(apan) to any other via this Rockbox tool you will be able to set English language. If you wanted to buy the SONY remote control, you can set the J country code back without loosing the English menu. More detailed instructions can be found on the Rockbox tool page.
Does this install rockbox os on the A55?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back