Sony NW-A50 Series
Oct 9, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #1,802 of 2,411
Not sure why by i feel that One mod boosts mid too much

You mean all the sound signatures included in the Walkman One firmware? There are 4 you can choose from.

Oct 10, 2021 at 1:07 AM Post #1,803 of 2,411
Havent enjoyed music much lately, just got back into it ytd and found out ab the new mod (my last mod was Midnight)

Installed the rom right away and the impression were too much mid in both W1mz or Neutral (Plus 2), which never happened before with the previous mod. It sounds rly unnatural to my taste, like someone maxed out the mid bar in eq.

Guess I ll have to play around with the setting

PS: I am a mid head btw (A55 + etymotics)

Oct 12, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #1,804 of 2,411
Have any of u guys tried different settings of d One fw for IEM, Earbud, or headphones?

Bcos I use all interchangeably according to use (at home, travelling, etc.) donno if there is any difference.

Or there shouldn't b any difference, only preference.

Nov 2, 2021 at 3:14 AM Post #1,805 of 2,411
Any idea why the A45 doesn't display album artwork, from ALAC & AAC files? Is it simply, the player doesn't support it?

Nov 2, 2021 at 3:48 AM Post #1,806 of 2,411
Any idea why the A45 doesn't display album artwork, from ALAC & AAC files? Is it simply, the player doesn't support it?
It supports it if album art is embedded in the files but if you accuired the files via iTunes the art might not be in the actual files but just in the iTunes database in which case the players you copy the files to wont know about it

Nov 2, 2021 at 5:39 AM Post #1,808 of 2,411
Nov 2, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #1,810 of 2,411
It supports it if album art is embedded in the files but if you accuired the files via iTunes the art might not be in the actual files but just in the iTunes database in which case the players you copy the files to wont know about it
I update all my files with mp3 tag & add/update the album art. It seems to update the information, as in Title, Album, Genre etc, but not the artwork?
Any other suggestions?

Nov 2, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #1,811 of 2,411
I update all my files with mp3 tag & add/update the album art. It seems to update the information, as in Title, Album, Genre etc, but not the artwork?
Any other suggestions?

The stock firmware supports only baseline JPEG or non-interlaced PNG covers.

I recommend considering the Walkman One firmware, which takes care of that, and also improves the sound quality quite a lot.

Nov 2, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #1,812 of 2,411
Any other suggestions?
Are your art files baseline ?
The stock fw does not handle progressive files, for this you need MrWalkman modded fw

Nov 4, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #1,813 of 2,411
The stock firmware supports only baseline JPEG or non-interlaced PNG covers.

I recommend considering the Walkman One firmware, which takes care of that, and also improves the sound quality quite a lot.
I currently have your DMP-A40 firmware mod installed. Is there another you'd suggest?
This is on an Sony NW-A45.

Edit - So, artwork is now displaying, but file tag information is not, such as Album, Artist etc. Only displays the track name. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2021 at 1:46 AM Post #1,814 of 2,411
I currently have your DMP-A40 firmware mod installed. Is there another you'd suggest?
This is on an Sony NW-A45.

Edit - So, artwork is now displaying, but file tag information is not, such as Album, Artist etc. Only displays the track name. Any ideas?

This one is the latest, based on the WM1A/Z firmware, and it sounds a lot better: https://www.nwmods.ml/p/nw-a40series.html

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #1,815 of 2,411

Users who are viewing this thread

Back