Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47
Aug 14, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #1,981 of 1,999
I don't suppose anyone could assist me in changing the default language to english from Japanese? I just got my a45 and the lovely seller neglected to mention that even though it was sold on an english site that the language was japanese. I've been hunting the settings but haven't been able to do it; my katakana and kanji is just too limited.

Edit: I'm all good, the new firmware from mrwalkman sorted it. It's great for everything :)!
@DenverW Unfortunately, I'm in a similar position. Please share how the firmware sorted it.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #1,982 of 1,999
@DenverW Unfortunately, I'm in a similar position. Please share how the firmware sorted it.

Thank you.
Hey there. It's been a while, and I no longer have it. From memory I believe I got a couple images of the menus and navigated through it manually. Sorry I can't be more help!

Aug 21, 2022 at 12:45 AM Post #1,985 of 1,999
My A45 finally arrived but when I plug it into the laptop it creates two drives (F & G) with both being greyed out. I've tried every key word search that I can think of to no avail. Does someone have experience with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: It's currently in Japanese, so I simply pressed the forward arrows, which included setting the date and time, and once it reached the main screen, it switched F drive to active.

Attachments

• Sony.jpg
    Sony.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 21, 2022 at 6:02 AM Post #1,986 of 1,999
My A45 finally arrived but when I plug it into the laptop it creates two drives (F & G) with both being greyed out. I've tried every key word search that I can think of to no avail. Does someone have experience with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: It's currently in Japanese, so I simply pressed the forward arrows, which included setting the date and time, and once it reached the main screen, it switched F drive to active.

G Drive will be the microsd cart slot

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:22 AM Post #1,989 of 1,999
I assume we are totally stuck now with USB DAC? I need a WMC-NWH10 to connect an external DAC (in the car) but it seems Sony don't sell this part anymore and onyl options are $$$ on eBay from Japan which I am not going to pay 50% of the player price for the cable - makes more sense to buy a new player!

Is there no alternative 3rd party to the WMC-NWH10?

USB-C at least is a standard now, Sony do love their proprietary ports...

Nov 18, 2022 at 6:51 AM Post #1,990 of 1,999
I assume we are totally stuck now with USB DAC? I need a WMC-NWH10 to connect an external DAC (in the car) but it seems Sony don't sell this part anymore and onyl options are $$$ on eBay from Japan which I am not going to pay 50% of the player price for the cable - makes more sense to buy a new player!

Is there no alternative 3rd party to the WMC-NWH10?

USB-C at least is a standard now, Sony do love their proprietary ports...

I purchased one 3 months ago at Amazon.com to hook up a FIIO Q3 MQA to my NW-A45. But it looks like there are no local US sellers anymore. All sellers are from Japan and price is double of what I pay for:WMC-NWH10

Feb 15, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #1,991 of 1,999
Hi, I have the nwa35 but I guess this could apply to the 45 & 55 as well. My headphones are Sennheiser HD 595, not sure if they’re 50 or 120 ohms. After a bit of tweaking on the player turning on the DC phase and some eq it sounds good, but then I thought I’d try it though the monitor side of my pioneer cd recorder with the headphones plugged into that. I have to say it sounds fuller like this. Not sure if this because the Sennheisers are better suited to the output of the Pioneer. I’m in Europe by the way & I keep reading about the EU volume cap. The player is loud enough for me but I’m wondering if removing it will give me the fullness that the output of the Pioneer does. In other words does the cap reduce the output voltage of the player.

Feb 16, 2023 at 5:38 AM Post #1,992 of 1,999
Feb 16, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #1,993 of 1,999
Hi, I have the nwa35 but I guess this could apply to the 45 & 55 as well. My headphones are Sennheiser HD 595, not sure if they’re 50 or 120 ohms. After a bit of tweaking on the player turning on the DC phase and some eq it sounds good, but then I thought I’d try it though the monitor side of my pioneer cd recorder with the headphones plugged into that. I have to say it sounds fuller like this. Not sure if this because the Sennheisers are better suited to the output of the Pioneer. I’m in Europe by the way & I keep reading about the EU volume cap. The player is loud enough for me but I’m wondering if removing it will give me the fullness that the output of the Pioneer does. In other words does the cap reduce the output voltage of the player.
Audio amplifiers, by definition, amplify or increase voltage while also maintaining the required current to drive the load. So, yes limiting the output voltage limits the power output.

Jun 25, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #1,994 of 1,999
Hi guys, hope im in the right section....

I have a sony walkman nw-a45, and like a few here its stuck in demo mode.. its an e bay purchase, and as i have had an nw series for last 5 years, and it worked flawlessly i went for another...

so my original one went dead and simply wont charge... the new one is in demo mode and wont shuffle, repeats the playlist from song one every maybe thirty mins, and cannot be restored, or rest from menu...

so question is how do i power up my old unit without damaging the connection port to copy the folders and switch them to the new unit...

Mar 4, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #1,995 of 1,999
Is @MrWalkman still around in 2024? I am using one of the modified firmware for the NW-A45 but having a lot of issues with Fiio BTR15 and UAC 2.0. It only works with Fiio BTR15 in UAC 1.0 mode, but the sound is horrible, lots of crackles and pops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back