Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47
Nov 9, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #1,832 of 1,999
@MrWalkman, I just found out (by accident) that if you do a factory reset after a complete DMP-A40 and tuning install. The player will revert to Japanese language. Just FYI. I'm already fixed.

Yeah, it's not a bug, it's because the region is set to J after finishing the installation.

You shouldn't need to do another factory reset after installing this. There is already one factory reset being done while installing.

Nov 10, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #1,833 of 1,999
Hi @MrWalkman,
thank you for all your hardwork, really appreciate it. I’m about to try your new firmware mod, however my nwa45 is still in 1.00 original firmware.
Should I update it first to firmware 1.1 prior to install your mod or it doesn’t really matter which original firmware that is currently installed in the device?

Once again, thank you sir.

Nov 10, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #1,834 of 1,999
Hi @MrWalkman,
thank you for all your hardwork, really appreciate it. I’m about to try your new firmware mod, however my nwa45 is still in 1.00 original firmware.
Should I update it first to firmware 1.1 prior to install your mod or it doesn’t really matter which original firmware that is currently installed in the device?

It doesn't matter, you can just go on and install this new one.

Nov 10, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #1,835 of 1,999
Hi @MrWalkman,

Great, thank you for your prompt response :beerchug:

Nov 15, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #1,837 of 1,999
@MrWalkman,
Beer for you! You have transformed my NW-A45 from a DAP that I rarely used to a DAP that is getting a lot of attention. I salute you on a job well done.

Cheers man, I really appreciate it! 🍻

Nov 17, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #1,839 of 1,999
@MrWalkman - I see that a lot of the players are getting a FE version. Are we already there (FE) on the NW-A40 series? Thanks for your work, what we already have with the NW-A40 could be the FE version as far as I'm concerned.

Yep, but as A40 and A30 didn't have the DMP-A40 version before, I didn't name it FE.

I will probably change that, just so it's clear.

So yes, A40 and A30 already have the FE version. It includes the sound signature, as well as the more stable installation procedure (that is done at the first startup when installing the firmware).

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #1,841 of 1,999
Many thanks. I am very happy with the current version!

I can say the same! :)

I don't have the A30, but the A40 and A50 are really a very very good option for a DAP, at their price and with these custom firmware versions.

Nov 19, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #1,842 of 1,999
Sorry for the newbie questions as I have only recently got a Sony NWA55L and joined this forum.I believe I have now downloaded the new software but do not know what process to follow to get it installed.i know I know I need to install two files but how to go about it.Is it the .exe files I am installing?Is there a step by step dummies guide?

Nov 19, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #1,843 of 1,999
Sorry for the newbie questions as I have only recently got a Sony NWA55L and joined this forum.I believe I have now downloaded the new software but do not know what process to follow to get it installed.i know I know I need to install two files but how to go about it.Is it the .exe files I am installing?Is there a step by step dummies guide?
There is a thread for the NW-A50 series:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-nw-a50-series.888101/
And the website for the custom firmware:
https://www.mrwalkman.ml/p/sony-nw-a50series-custom-firmware.html

Nov 19, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #1,844 of 1,999

Hey, just follow the instructions on the page. You would only need to have your player connected to the PC, and the Mass Storage function enabled.

https://www.mrwalkman.ml/p/sony-nw-a50series-custom-firmware.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back