Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47
Aug 15, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #1,592 of 1,999
The quantity/ quality of bass of this dap surpass many of my high end gear. Can’t believe the locked power this dap has. Ui runs so smoothly, I’m blown away, hopefully more users get on the wagon.
Katatonia’s Sanctitude sounds IMPRESSIVE and mighty on this setup

Aug 15, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #1,594 of 1,999
The quantity/ quality of bass of this dap surpass many of my high end gear. Can’t believe the locked power this dap has. Ui runs so smoothly, I’m blown away, hopefully more users get on the wagon.
Katatonia’s Sanctitude sounds IMPRESSIVE and mighty on this setup

Is this with the Reloaded or with the Reloaded+ version?

I also like how it's so small, and yes, how the UI is so smooth, plus the visualizations on this small screen 😁

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2020 at 1:02 AM Post #1,595 of 1,999
Is this with the Reloaded or with the Reloaded+ version?

I also like how it's so small, and yes, how the UI is so smooth, plus the visualizations on this small screen 😁
Reloaded + waiting for the re-reloaded++ hehehehe
Comparing to wm1a is comparing a 4 cylinder that just got its turbo to a v8 super charged, soundstage is way more “intimate” in the wm1a but in an elegant way, nw45a is more wide but depth is lacking in the 45a, bass though, I don’t know if it is fotm syndrome but it definitely is something else, it has a depth and texture the few dacs and daps can offer, I’m in love with this new version of the nw45a, it’s amazing to know that such entry level option can surpass mid high level daps without aproblem

Aug 16, 2020 at 1:21 AM Post #1,596 of 1,999
Reloaded + waiting for the re-reloaded++ hehehehe
Comparing to wm1a is comparing a 4 cylinder that just got its turbo to a v8 super charged, soundstage is way more “intimate” in the wm1a but in an elegant way, nw45a is more wide but depth is lacking in the 45a, bass though, I don’t know if it is fotm syndrome but it definitely is something else, it has a depth and texture the few dacs and daps can offer, I’m in love with this new version of the nw45a, it’s amazing to know that such entry level option can surpass mid high level daps without aproblem

I think it's also because of the ZX300 sound signature. Hopefully I'll manage to get the WM1 firmware running.

Aug 16, 2020 at 1:29 AM Post #1,597 of 1,999
Yes, I'm impressed as well by this little fella! Getting a used one, or even a new one, and installing this firmware really turns it into a bargain. I put the 512GB card from the 1A into the A45 to really test how it sounds like 😁

Also, the UI is noticeable faster. The 1.10 version is similar to WM1A/Z's previous laggy firmware, while this new one is similar to the newer not-laggy ones.

Ha, what's missing is a Walkman badge, like the Canjam ones I've seen 😅

Could these magical A45 mods be made available to A55 too one day? Or the stock A55 is just as good?

Aug 16, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #1,598 of 1,999
Could these magical A45 mods be made available to A55 too one day? Or the stock A55 is just as good?

It can't be as good. That would mean that A55 is as good as ZX300, which I really don't think so. The sound won't be as good, and you won't have the visualizations and all the variations for the sound effects.

The touchscreen is not working on the A55, and I can't promise anything.

Aug 16, 2020 at 2:38 AM Post #1,601 of 1,999
Will this work with A20?

Nope, and also, you cannot just flash a firmware from a device to another device.

I suspect the firmware might work on the A35 though, but still, some modifications would have to be made in order to get it working and flashing.

You can try flashing it, of course, but the flashing process will just not start, so there's no bricking chance either by trying.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #1,603 of 1,999
Thank you. Was just a wishful hope on my behalf.

No worries.

If I'm not mistaken, the A20Series uses a different SoC (CPU), so this already would definitely be a downer.

Aug 16, 2020 at 3:10 AM Post #1,605 of 1,999

Users who are viewing this thread

Back