Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47
Aug 22, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #1,172 of 1,999
Sorry about my comment, only come to realize the proprietary charging for Sony is just only cable.
My pain with Hifiman proprietary charging is having to deal with carrying an expensive 'brick' Screenshot_2018-08-23-07-06-35-177_com.android.chrome~01.png

Aug 23, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #1,174 of 1,999
Is it really luxury? It's a nice little DAP with a good price.

I'd say the advent of $1000 must-have smartphones for everyone has clouded judgement on what is luxury and what isn't in the world of personal electronics. I paid $370AUD for something that just plays music (extremely well). I think for tax purposes that would count as a luxury item...certainly sounds luxurious.

Aug 23, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #1,175 of 1,999
Ref: Sony NW-A45 DAP and Sony WH-1000XM2 headphones.

Apologies if this has been covered in a thread or post before, but I skimmed over this thread and couldn't see any mention of my problem.
Is there any way of getting the headphones to remember settings changed on the Sony headphone app, or does the app need to be running on the connected bluetooth device for the headphones to utilize any changes?

I connect to the headphones via my tablet and Sony app, change equalizer settings, but when I reconnect to the Sony NW-A45, all the settings are reset. I don't see any way of having the app running on the NW-A45, which I'm not sure is possible?

Aug 23, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #1,176 of 1,999
I'd say the advent of $1000 must-have smartphones for everyone has clouded judgement on what is luxury and what isn't in the world of personal electronics. I paid $370AUD for something that just plays music (extremely well). I think for tax purposes that would count as a luxury item...certainly sounds luxurious.

I just meant that there are $3000 DAPs out there and the A45 is more in the budget to mid range as far as cost goes. It does play music extremely well and the battery lasts very long. I have no complaints about it at all.

Aug 23, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #1,177 of 1,999
Ref: Sony NW-A45 DAP and Sony WH-1000XM2 headphones.

Apologies if this has been covered in a thread or post before, but I skimmed over this thread and couldn't see any mention of my problem.
Is there any way of getting the headphones to remember settings changed on the Sony headphone app, or does the app need to be running on the connected bluetooth device for the headphones to utilize any changes?

I connect to the headphones via my tablet and Sony app, change equalizer settings, but when I reconnect to the Sony NW-A45, all the settings are reset. I don't see any way of having the app running on the NW-A45, which I'm not sure is possible?

No apps or EQ adjustment over BT with the A45. :triportsad:

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #1,179 of 1,999
Man I'm a student and 200 USD can go a long way. It's for sure a luxury imo

Aug 24, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #1,180 of 1,999
Thanks for the confirmation. No big deal, as the duo sound phenomenal on stock settings anyway.

No apps or EQ adjustment over BT with the A45. :triportsad:

I was under the impression you could set the EQ via app and then it would stay...

I am going to be super pissed off :frowning2: my WH-1000xm2 are still in the post.

Aug 25, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #1,181 of 1,999
I was under the impression you could set the EQ via app and then it would stay...

I am going to be super pissed off :frowning2: my WH-1000xm2 are still in the post.
I contacted Sony customer support for a definitive answer and this is their reply:

Thank you for contacting Sony support.

In regards to your enquiry regarding keeping the equalizer settings of your Sony WH-1000XM2 when connecting to any device, we are afraid that the equalizer settings can only be saved for the headphones when they are connected to the phone (that has the application). If the headphones is connected to a different device, this setting will be disabled until next connection to the phone again.

Should you have further questions, please feel free to reply to this e-mail.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Mmmmmm, does sound like the app saves the settings on the device used with the headphones, rather than the settings being stored within the headphones!

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #1,182 of 1,999
[QUOTE="HeadphonesRock, post: 14443636, member: 374892"
Mmmmmm, does sound like the app saves the settings on the device used with the headphones, rather than the settings being stored within the headphones![/QUOTE]

Oh man, that sucks a fat one. That means there really is no way to enable any sort of EQ over bluetooth from this player :frowning2:
Seems just a tad ridiculous. I hope I like the sound signature :|

Aug 27, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #1,184 of 1,999
Hey. What cable would I need to use this dap as a transport for mojo?

Aug 28, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #1,185 of 1,999
Am I the only stupid enought to (accidentally) interrupt the 'Creating Database' by squeezing the power button?
My NW45 was reset during update of the database and now it just keeps rebooting... :frowning2:

(I synced, unplugged and walked out the door with player in hand. I grabbed my bike and noticed I was squeezing the player and also holding down the power button. Now it is stuck in bootloop.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back