Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47
Aug 30, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #121 of 1,999
I've had no issues with the a35 battery life in all honesty, but then I'm only driving a pair of ciems or a pair of sennheiser hd 25-II's. Tried the fiio x5-III recently and was shocked at just how quick (and warm!)the battery drained (thanks in no small part to android). Although I charge it every night I suspect I could go two three days without charging.

I don't have any issues with battery life on the Sony DAP's either but if Sony wants to throw in a larger battery to increase it further that is still an nice little bonus. Anything that increases the value of the A45 is a bonus to me.

Aug 30, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #122 of 1,999
Nice colour offerings, much better than the very bright A30 offerings. Although I like the blue and the green one, if I were to buy an A40 (will choose between A40 and ZX300) I would still pick the black one.
I've always felt it to be safer to pick standard color choices (black,silver) for things you plan to keep longer than a season. Don't know about the rest of you, but the times I remember picking a special colour on devices, are the times I started to regret it a couple of months later.

Edit: after looking back at the A30 colors, the new ones are even more astonishing. The A30 colors looked like they were aimed at teenagers, while the new ones are much more distinguished- not scream- in-your-face-"look at my flashy device".:pensive:

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #124 of 1,999
After hearing the steep price of the ZX300 and seeing that its weight has hardly decreased in comparison to the ZX100, I'm leaning more to this player again.
I just wonder if its output of 35mW won't hamper the fun.

Aug 31, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #127 of 1,999
Ok its has aptx and plays Mqa files now... and I noticed it has sensme again this are all the things I liked about my A17 ..so I am sure there must be podcast support ..Also I just remembered we can now disable that stupid Euro volume limit

Aug 31, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #129 of 1,999
Aug 31, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #130 of 1,999
From: https://www.mobilescout.com/sony/news/n98636/Sony-wf-1000x-heaphones-nw-a40-walkman.html

"Talking about the Walkman series, NW-A45HN will be available from the beginning of 2018 in 16GB in Grayish Black/Twilight Red/Moonlit Blue. NW-A45 will be available from the beginning of 2018 in 16GB in Horizon Green, Twilight Red, Grayish Black, Pale Gold and Moonlit Blue."

4 months.
This is not confirmed information. On the official website the price is already set and it is written that it will be available soon.

Aug 31, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #131 of 1,999
If it follows last years pattern then the Chinese area will see it around November, with the european market following around March.

Aug 31, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #134 of 1,999
just watched live stream. Nw-a40 and zx300 models showed, but did not present. Damn, when exactly to wait for details?

What details do we not have already? Take the A30 series design, add a bigger battery for slightly better battery life and faster charging, AptX bluetooth support, USB DAC feature, and MQA format support. What other details do we need to know? For me those features make it a must buy even if power etc.. are the same as the A30 series

I am sure over the next 6 days (IFA runs from Sept 1- 6)we will see some impressions from people at the show and tech information sites. Besides we won't have any indepth reviews for months yet and you still have to wait months to buy one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back