Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47
Aug 5, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #46 of 1,999
Be warned. The a35 actually has a section with 10 bookmarks that are nothing of the sort. They are favourites called bookmarks.

Oh I understand and given how choppy the translation is I am not claiming it offers better bookmarking support. Just that it is mentioned

Aug 6, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #47 of 1,999
I will wait.

From manual we know that :

1 It will be USB DAC feature
2 MP4 support (so, probally video support like in nw-A25 model
3 and better battery.

I hope 1 and 3 will be real this is very important improvements as for me.

Aug 9, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #50 of 1,999
Better than nw a35 model has

The reports are that the hardware is pretty much unchanged except for AptX support and USB DAC capabilities so I would not expect battery life to be any better. Outside of the Cowon Plenue D no other DAP comes close to the battery life of the A30 series so better battery life is a stretch I would think.

Aug 9, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #51 of 1,999
Battery life on the a35 is fine quite honestly. I can get through two 7 hour days at work with iems and not need to charge it. Compare that with android where it gets about 9-12 hours on one charge and less if you use wifi and bluetooth etc.

Aug 9, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #52 of 1,999
Battery life on the a35 is fine quite honestly. I can get through two 7 hour days at work with iems and not need to charge it. Compare that with android where it gets about 9-12 hours on one charge and less if you use wifi and bluetooth etc.

I agree totally, for me it would be hard to go from the 30+ hours on my A17 to the Cayin N3 at 12 hours or the Fiio X3-III at a reported 10 hours.

Aug 11, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #54 of 1,999
I hope A40 fix glitches with the office, I heard from a friend A35 and it seemed to me that when I switch songs it is late for two seconds.

Does he have the latest firmware for the A35? It was my understanding this lag was fixed with a later firmware update

Aug 12, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #56 of 1,999
Does he have the latest firmware for the A35? It was my understanding this lag was fixed with a later firmware update
Sony did not fix the delay when using controls, but they fixed the UI lag. With earlier firmware the A30 series was pretty unresponsive and it took a bit till it reacted on the touchscreen. that got fixed, but the delay when using controls is not, but it is not a big thing i would say. It still works really well

Aug 12, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #57 of 1,999
Sony did not fix the delay when using controls, but they fixed the UI lag. With earlier firmware the A30 series was pretty unresponsive and it took a bit till it reacted on the touchscreen. that got fixed, but the delay when using controls is not, but it is not a big thing i would say. It still works really well
Do you like it?

Aug 12, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #59 of 1,999
I actually preferred the sony a35 to the fiio x5III in all honesty. Better sound, decent volume (particularly after the eu hack) smaller footprint and nice battery life. Only things I would change would be to add podcast support back in and to have the clock visible somewhere other than in settings. May have to check the zx300 coming out soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back