Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47
Oct 5, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #242 of 1,999
So sent back my A35 to Chruchfield, and cancelled my B&H. No rush to wait on reviews of A45

A good call I think, who knows what kind of deals can be had on Black Friday. I would like some feedback for sure before purchasing and hopefully demo an A45 before the end of the year.

Oct 7, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #244 of 1,999
I saw the A40-series today and unfortunately there appears to be no way to change language (and I don't want Japanese...)! Bad Sony, bad!

Maybe there's a way to load English firmware? Need to find out.
That's totally normal. Sony chooses which languages are available in what regions, you had a Japanese version. The sell a tourist version in Japan that has multiple languages. Also if you buy it in your region it's 100% safe that you will get your local language as a option.

Oct 7, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #245 of 1,999
That's totally normal. Sony chooses which languages are available in what regions, you had a Japanese version. The sell a tourist version in Japan that has multiple languages. Also if you buy it in your region it's 100% safe that you will get your local language as a option.
I live in Japan but don't speak much Japanese, haha. Really need that English version. Where to get the tourist version from though? Maybe pick up at the airport next time I'm flying but I really wanted to get one now.

Oct 7, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #246 of 1,999
Ok, so according to the manual (for A-35), one selects the language (and date format) by holding power button for 3 seconds. I haven't tried that. So maybe... Will have to go back and have another look

Oct 7, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #247 of 1,999
I live in Japan but don't speak much Japanese, haha. Really need that English version. Where to get the tourist version from though? Maybe pick up at the airport next time I'm flying but I really wanted to get one now.

You can only buy the tourist version from the Sony store in Ginza, I am not sure the A40 series tourist version is already available, I know the ZX300 isn't.

P.S. At the risk of sounding obnoxious, If you are living in Japan you ought to start learning some Japanese.

Oct 8, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #248 of 1,999
You can only buy the tourist version from the Sony store in Ginza, I am not sure the A40 series tourist version is already available, I know the ZX300 isn't.

P.S. At the risk of sounding obnoxious, If you are living in Japan you ought to start learning some Japanese.

Thank you for the tip!

Tried again the Japanese version and it doesn't include language selection. Will visit Ginza store some time this week.

Yeah, I'm trying to learn Japanese but it's hard! I speak a little bit but reading and writing ain't going to happen any time soon.

Oct 8, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #249 of 1,999
Anybody got an idea of the output impedance of the A40 series? Doesn't show on the Sony product page

Oct 8, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #250 of 1,999
never does. output impedance has never been something Sony was proud of. based on previous gears you can probably expect something in the 2 to 5ohm range. <= provided by wild guess incorporated. ^_^

Oct 8, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #251 of 1,999
never does. output impedance has never been something Sony was proud of. based on previous gears you can probably expect something in the 2 to 5ohm range. <= provided by wild guess incorporated. ^_^
Thank you, "WG, Inc."! I guess that's why they don't advertise the impedance

Oct 8, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #252 of 1,999

Hong Kong version will have multiple language options, simplifed chinese, traditional chinese, spanish, french, english, italian, german, korean etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back