Sony MH1C better than CIEMs or just another ATH-M50?
Dec 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #166 of 207
Quote:
I recently bought MH1C and I'm listening to it for the past 10 hrs. Though Bass and Mids are OK for me, extreme highs are little bit shrilling

Can anyone in this thread let me know if you are facing similar issues? Is it due to burn in period or this is MH1C's character?

Not sure what "OK" means, but I'm finding the bass to be a little overpowering and the mids too claustrophobic. The high ends I find lacking, but I'm coming from an RE-ZERO (and for a short while, HF3).

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #167 of 207
I wanted to update my thoughts. I've been burning it in. I'm not sure the burn in has done a whole lot. Alternatively, taping the hole on the top is great. I read somewhere that it technically increases distortion in the subbass. Who cares?! It's so much nicer! I am using it with my iPod set to bass reducer, and it sounds spectacular. It's so confusing, why would you make such an impressive sounding IEM, then hide it under so much bass?!

I will keep the burn in going, but I am very skeptical, not much has changed thus far.

Dec 4, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #168 of 207
Before tape.
Mine are just pretty meh. Easily worth the $20, but I really wouldn't pay much more for them.

After tape.
Alternatively, taping the hole on the top is great.....It's so much nicer!.....it sounds spectacular.

Meh to spectacular.

I did the tape mod on the ones I had after 3 mins of trying them without. Makes all the difference :wink: Glad you are getting something out of them now.. :beyersmile:

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:13 AM Post #171 of 207
Quote:
Quote:
I may have been a little hyperbolic on both sides, but they are quite nice now.

Lol well stated. Damn, now if only we could change our vote.......
wink.gif

I certainly would not change mine.
Let me give you a scenario. You go to the store and buy a television, you bring it home and turn it on, and the picture is blue, there is no other color, only blue. You go to the internet and find that if you wrap the television in duct tape, you can get the blue damped down sufficiently to be able to see the other colors, but only if your cable box has a "blue reduction" setting, can it truly be usable.

You tell me, is that TV worth two to three times its price, even if the picture is clearer than a window? Is it a well engineered device?

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #172 of 207
Let me give you a scenario. You go to the store and buy a television, you bring it home and turn it on, and the picture is blue, there is no other color, only blue. You go to the internet and find that if you wrap the television in duct tape, you can get the blue damped down sufficiently to be able to see the other colors, but only if your television has a "blue reduction" setting, can it truly be usable.

You tell me, is that TV worth two to three times its price, even if the picture is clearer than a window? Is it a well engineered device?

If you lived close to me I'd buy you a beer, haha

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #173 of 207
Quote:
Quote:
Let me give you a scenario. You go to the store and buy a television, you bring it home and turn it on, and the picture is blue, there is no other color, only blue. You go to the internet and find that if you wrap the television in duct tape, you can get the blue damped down sufficiently to be able to see the other colors, but only if your television has a "blue reduction" setting, can it truly be usable.

If you lived close to me I'd buy you a beer, haha

I edited my comment to reflect the fact that the last word television should be cable box.

Dec 4, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #174 of 207
Recieved mh1c today.. first impression... getting it comfortably in your ears is difficult. Cord is pathetic. I have brainwavz m1 and vsonic gr02 bass edition. they are way more comfortable.
Sound wise they are definitely not bass heavy.. quantity is lower than gr02. But quality is superior specially sub bass.. all other spectrum are awesome way better than other 2 and the best I've heard so far. Soundstage is very good. Rock songs sound heaven.. definitely worth Rs 1400 or 28$ I've spent on earphones.. wish they could be more comfortable.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #175 of 207
Quote:
Recieved mh1c today.. first impression... getting it comfortably in your ears is difficult. Cord is pathetic. I have brainwavz m1 and vsonic gr02 bass edition. they are way more comfortable.
Sound wise they are definitely not bass heavy.. quantity is lower than gr02. But quality is superior specially sub bass.. all other spectrum are awesome way better than other 2 and the best I've heard so far. Soundstage is very good. Rock songs sound heaven.. definitely worth Rs 1400 or 28$ I've spent on earphones.. wish they could be more comfortable.
Sent from my GT-I9100

My very same thoughts!

As for the cable, yeah, it sucks. A friend of mine is going to recable his pair. If that comes out nicely, I'll ask him if he can recable mine too
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #176 of 207
Tried the tape mod and heard a real difference. It looked messy so I decided to do something i little drastic and a little more permanent :)

Black epoxy. A little less messy than tape. same effect, well depending on how well sealed the tape was, this may have an advantage as this is FULLY sealed. I will never look back...coz I can't :)
http://imageshack.us/f/836/imagexut.jpg/
Warning, this is a lot harder to reverse. Do at your own risk.
Also, make sure you have a thick enough mixture and use just a small amount. Any more than what can fit the hole may seep into the drivers. So far, mine worked fine.
The bass tightened, and is also a little less boomy. Mids are now a little more forward. Well, maybe because the bass was reduced. I like them better now.

Dec 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #177 of 207
I haven't tried listening to them critically so i can't comment on how they compare to my top tier IEMs (at least in my collection) like the RE-262, Triple.Fi 10 and Miles Davis Tributes on a purely technical level but for $30 (or whatever price they're selling for now) you really can't go wrong with them unless you prefer ruler flat, cold and/or analytical sound signatures. I use mine as my school 'phones, using them on my break and occasionally on my home rig and I love them. Very glad I paid the $22 (at the time I bought them).

Dec 5, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #178 of 207
Quote:
Sent from my GT-I9100

If you're having trouble with getting a good fit, try wearing it over-the-ear (the cable doesn't help, but I got a better fit). Also, I stole my brother's gr02 BE's hybrid tips with foam inside and used that on my MH1C - so much better than the original tips it came with (for me).

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #179 of 207
Finally got mines today. I'm actually really impressed, though I haven't directly compared them to my B2s. They are pretty bassy to the point of blasting rather than punchy, non-sibilant which I love, full sounding only when my volume is doubled of the B2's, and pretty clear, though not as analytical as the B2s. This is actually my first time of hearing bass come out of Skrillex (I don't listen to Skrillex, but I never found his music bassy), though for many songs, the bass can overpowering. Although I'm not very good at determining where my music is recessed at, it does not feel that anything except for the lyrics and treble being overpowered by the bass. Soundstage, I would say it's about as wide as the B2s. To be honest, I feel as I am focusing more on the sound signature and fullness rather than the quality, clarity and details.

I get quite a bit of microphonics from these when worn down, way too much when it shakes, but barely any when worn over-the-ear, but I generally do not like to wear headphones over the ear. I'm not a fan of how the wires work where they stretch to one earbud, then a wire loops behind your ear to the next, but I guess it helps when you have a jacket, so your buds don't get pulled down, so that will be more of an adapting thing. The bud fit is pretty good, I have no problems with it. Overall without burning it in, it's pretty damn nice, much more enjoyable that my B2s. All it needs is a bit less bass. I'll be burning these in and I'll see how they go from there. I guess I'll be voting comparable to $130+ headphones.

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #180 of 207
Got a pair in today as well. Mainly wanted to try the tips on my GR07 MKIIs (figured a decent sounding earphone for under $30 wouldn't hurt either--- that is *if* they proved out to sound good)... Tips are a no-go for me on the GR07s for one thing, and two, I don't like the sound of the Sonys much either. I suppose they're good for their price, perhaps even for about $50, but give the GR07 MKIIs a run for the money... no way, no how. The Vsonics destroy them (as I would expect with the price difference). The Sonys display tubby bass, narrow soundstage by comparison, and severely less detail and resolution. Just my .02.... Now what can I sell them for on the FS board?? ....$15 (is it even worth shipping them if sold?)  
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back