Sony MH1C better than CIEMs or just another ATH-M50?
Jan 18, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #197 of 207
Quote:
LOL, But there is no doubt, the MH1c have the best SQ/price ratio
smily_headphones1.gif
it is the best sounding $20 earphone I have ever heard.

LoL, go to that ClieOS MH1C thread and tell this to that listencarefully guy, he is gonna love your statement. Literally word by word. ahahahaha

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #199 of 207
Quote:
Uh oh, I would hate to ruin the MH1c party, especially because I too am a fan.

Actually that guy loves these MH1Cs like crazy. And is making claims that nothing at ~$100 can touch them, and i was like c'mon man be real. They are great but tons of stuff for $100 can kill these easy. Pretty interesting discussion so far. LoL

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #201 of 207
Many people here are looking for different things, and I must say such a poll is really pointless because everyone has different desires...

Blindly following hype is silly. Everyone's preferred sound signature and priorities are different. I don't really like earphones that are too analytical/clear (they often display sibilance on less-than-perfect sources, which I am very sensitive to), and hence dislike the RE0s. On the other hand, I love the T.Fi 10 and the MH1cs deliver 90% of the performance at 10% of the price.

That's partially true... It seems that earphones are particularly problematic because of the way they interact with different people's ear canal. The way conventional speakers interact in a home environment is also a huge problem when trying to achieve satisfactory reproduction of a recorded performance. Engineers in the past tried to anticipate the average room response and mixed recording accordingly. This approach is significantly flawed but it's the best they could. Today modern DSP technology can address some of these issues (but not all). My Genelecs use sophisticated DSP processing to map the room response and then build digital filters to offset the low frequency wave reenforcement that muddies and distorts the sound in most rooms.

On the other hand, thinking that "good sound" is subjective is nonsense. Sound reproduction is no more subjective than video reproduction. Anything other than accurate reproduction of what was on the original recording is distortion (better known as sound "signature").
The reason so many people "believe" that audio is subjective is:
a) they have grown up around recorded music and don't even know what live unamplified music should sound like (they have no accurate baseline)
b) recording technology is inherantly flawed and, as a result, can never sound "real".

Instead of trying to build equipment that gets as close as possible to the actual recording (which is the best you'll ever be able to do) the "audiophile" industry has convinced people that the equipment they buy can make the recording sound "better" than it actually is. This is a myth that is easy to sell to people who don't know how music should sound it the first place and just leads to an endless search for a perfect way to distort the sound so that it sounds right (a fools game and which inevitably leads to disappointment).

Ps. Sometimes it takes a while to realize that the speaker or headphone you got (that you thought sounded so great) is actually distorting the sound and ruining as many recordings as it enhances. That's why so many people keep changing their equipment.

Jun 26, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #202 of 207
Hi evryone,

I am new in this site and this is my first post.
I've read a lot about MH-1C and searched to buy one in india.
But i'm a bit confused. Need your help. Both MH-1C and MDR XB 30 EX are available at same price ( $33) here. Which one should i buy? I am also open for other options. My budget is max $40. I mostly listen soft rock kinda indian songs.
Total Options worth considering are:-

Creative EP 660 $20
Sennheiser CX 180 $25
ATH 300 $29
Logitech UE 200vi $30
Sony MH-1C $33
Denon AHC 260 $33
Sony MDR XB 30 EX $33
Sennheiser CX 215 $34
JBL J33 $35
ATH CK313i $37
Logitech UE 350 $38
JVC HAFR36A $38

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #203 of 207
For Indian songs best option is Brainwavz M2. Whether its ARR or Pritam songs it gives a lot more enjoyment to me. For Indian songs we need IEMs with good mids which I feel somewhat lacking in MH1C when compared to Brainwavz M2

Jan 1, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #205 of 207
For Indian songs best option is Brainwavz M2. Whether its ARR or Pritam songs it gives a lot more enjoyment to me. For Indian songs we need IEMs with good mids which I feel somewhat lacking in MH1C when compared to Brainwavz M2

m2 has suge huge bass that it borders on being muddy.

get m3 if u want more balance.
mh-1 is overhyped

Jan 1, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #206 of 207
has anyone compared mh-1 to ex083??

damn,i have been having sleepless nights after hearing ex083 as it costs hardly 10$

bass quality and quantity>gr07 mk2
soundsatge=same
mids gro7>>ex083
highs gr07>>ex083

but 083 have no sibilance and are very very enjoyable.

i am serious when i say that for rock,pop and rap these are better than brainwavz m3 which severely lacks in soundstage and bass.

i also purchased mh-1 believing the hype and i must say i am pretty disappointed.i paid about 30$ for oem version with no warranty,then bought a 8$ omtp to ctia converter so all in all 40$ for these.

sound is ok but the biggest prolem is that they need a lot of power.my clip+ at 0 volume(u know what it means,0 db for rockbox after which + volume starts) sounds a bit loud when while using gr07 mk2 i don't go beyond -11 or -12!!

bass as compared to brainwavz m3 is more but quality is lacking.compared to ex083 and gr07 its totally lacking in quality and quantity.

mids are fine,a bit muddy compared to gr07.m3 but better than ex083

highs are pretty smooth like m3,maybe treble lacks a bit of extension vs gr07,again better than ex083 marginally.

but still on an overall scenario for rock,pop and expecially rap

gr07 mk2>>ex083>>brainwavz m3>>sony mh-1

for vocal intensive songs having no drums or little bass

brainwavz m3>gr07 mk2>>mh-1>>>ex083(but m3 have a really weak soundstage so preference may change)

if u guys think mh-1 has huge bass then just listen to gr07 and especially ex083,damn now thats called a punchy bass

source----

clip+ rockboxed

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #207 of 207
it is as tsj5j said "Blindly following hype is silly. Everyone's preferred sound signature and priorities are different". Personally i prefer mh1c to ck100pro for general listening but then they are very different IEMs altogether, i liked ck100pros for instruments but that is only thing i like about it. I personally dont understand why people think  mh1cs are overly hyped, well agreed the cable and housing are not much of a look or feel but honestly when we look few years back, didnt we promised ourselves anything for SQ. 

Well, i can deal with almost anything, i tried my own way through j-cord and modded it to y-type. Now i can use them over ears since the microphonics is unbearable.

They are warm but these are the following ways to achieve more balanced sound through them-
*EQ ofcourse since most of us know and have fav app for that
*sealing the vents through tape or other suitable means
*by removing the filter and foam attached to the filter ( highly recommended, they even sound more brighter than anything that i have ever tried) 

So, please dont get dissapointed, even after trying everything you are still dont like them  then i ll trade them for my new replaced BA200, be honest.

Call me whatever you guys want am not  sonyfanboy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back