Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG
Feb 12, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #271 of 505
70mm driver sounds like a power hungry one to me...and Sony's MRSP are always overpriced. Streetprice is generally quite low.
Japan Amazon goes for like $200?

Feb 12, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #273 of 505
I can't read Japanese.  Are they "in-stock" at Amazon JP?

Feb 12, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #275 of 505

Quote:

I know pretty much nothing about amps...
Would a portable amp be enough to power these?

I use a basic cmoy with the xb700 when out from home, and it does a good job with bass bost on my ipod classic 160gb. at home my old maratz reciever really takes them to the extreme
wink_face.gif

Feb 12, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #277 of 505
Any1 gonna pull the trigger and order from amazon.jp? Can always use google translate or something. :p

But it looks like the street price for the cheaper sites like I predicted gonna be around $250 USD or possibly 220~$230 or so at the very cheapest places and probably ~200 EUR in europe for these which is ofc a lot better than the $377 reported everywhere which I always knew would be far from accurate. Still in this price class it's gonna have some quite tough competitors SQ-wise, Denon D2000 would be one for example, hopefully it can deliver from that point of view too and not just bass. I hope the pricing is more of a result based on how great they think it sounds like rather than covering up for R&D costs as at pricetag like ~$150 this headphone had sold like butter probably (as long as it actually sounded great and delivers the bass that people seem to expect).

I don't know but I have a feeling we pay like possibly $50 just for "style" this time around compared to XB500/700 which just seem very aggressively priced. Luckily style doesn't come as an $150~200 "extra" factor you pay for as on Beats by Dr. Dre. :p

Feb 12, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #278 of 505

Quote:
The cheapest XB1000 I've found is roughly 20k JPY. Looks like they're in stock, yes. Amazon Japan does ship internationally, prepare to pay 40$ for shipping though.

Quote:
I can't read Japanese.  Are they "in-stock" at Amazon JP?

That's like saying prepare to pay 2$ at the dollar store lmao.  :wink: Not bad for shipping from Japan... hell to ship Cans to the states Xpresspost it costs that much.

Feb 12, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #280 of 505
Too bad most high spending audiophiles don't want bass headphones. I won't get this because I think the 2hz might pose health risks :p, but I have high hopes it can reproduce real bass, not the boom boom of low quality bass headphones.

Feb 12, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #281 of 505

Quote:
Too bad most high spending audiophiles don't want bass headphones. I won't get this because I think the 2hz might pose health risks :p, but I have high hopes it can reproduce real bass, not the boom boom of low quality bass headphones.

OT but have you tried the LCD-2 or HE-6?

The LCD-2 can do 2hz at 15 watts
evil_smiley.gif
if you are looking for serious, sublime quality bass.

Feb 12, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #282 of 505
Come to think of it, $300 is pretty expensive for something that delivers JUST bass. I can get the PRO 900 for $20 more, which does more things than just bass, and the D2000 for $100 less, which has nice sound stage and timbre. Hopefully, it's a bit more versatile than that.

Feb 13, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #283 of 505

Quote:
Any1 gonna pull the trigger and order from amazon.jp? Can always use google translate or something. :p

But it looks like the street price for the cheaper sites like I predicted gonna be around $250 USD or possibly 220~$230 or so at the very cheapest places and probably ~200 EUR in europe for these which is ofc a lot better than the $377 reported everywhere which I always knew would be far from accurate. Still in this price class it's gonna have some quite tough competitors SQ-wise, Denon D2000 would be one for example, hopefully it can deliver from that point of view too and not just bass. I hope the pricing is more of a result based on how great they think it sounds like rather than covering up for R&D costs as at pricetag like ~$150 this headphone had sold like butter probably (as long as it actually sounded great and delivers the bass that people seem to expect).

I don't know but I have a feeling we pay like possibly $50 just for "style" this time around compared to XB500/700 which just seem very aggressively priced. Luckily style doesn't come as an $150~200 "extra" factor you pay for as on Beats by Dr. Dre. :p

Oh Amazon.jp ships to USA? If so then I'll defintely get one. Been dying for this.
Edit: So I try to buy it but Amazon.jp won't ship it to my house, gives me an error that it cannot ship internationally.

Quote:
Ouspensky said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have zero doubts about the need for a dedicated amp for these, since the xb700 are quite weak without one. the wait is killing me
tongue.gif

A little offtopic but any suggestions for a portable amp for this headphone or the XB700 with an iPhone/iPod touch?

Feb 13, 2011 at 4:29 AM Post #284 of 505
Amazon JP won't ship to U.S. I called them.

Feb 13, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #285 of 505
God, I wanna try these out sooooo badly, if only out of mere curiosity. If they are better than the XB700 as a whole, I will be very happy about these. I just hope the bass is like the D7000, which hits incredibly low but doesn't trample on the mids. I know I'm expecting much, but I could only hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back