Sony MDR-V6 vs. MDR-7506 (and Beyer pads)
Aug 15, 2001 at 10:17 PM Post #16 of 47
I had bee planning to get the pads for my v6 for months; I finally ordered them the other day after reading this thread. Too bad I didn' have them during last weeks heat wave: the pleather plads do make your ears very sweaty...

Hey RedWoood, You can order the pads over the phone at: 1-800-293-4463 Just ask for the velour pads for the DT-250. They cost $17 + $5 shipping.

Aug 15, 2001 at 10:23 PM Post #17 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by AtEase
Hey RedWoood, You can order the pads over the phone at: 1-800-293-4463 Just ask for the velour pads for the DT-250. They cost $17 + $5 shipping.

And make sure to ask for the velour ones, as the DT-250 pads also come in pleather.

And, by the way, welcome to Head-Fi, AtEase. Hope you get a chance to post a lot. Almost anyone who also likes V6's is okay by me!
wink.gif

Aug 15, 2001 at 10:52 PM Post #18 of 47
When I talked to them on the phone they specifically asked me which type I wanted.

Oh, and thanks Jude. I'm actually a long time lurker; It was a post you made (I think) on the headwize boards months ago about how great the gladiator soundtrack sounded on the v6 that convinced me to get a pair. (great purchase btw)

Aug 15, 2001 at 10:55 PM Post #19 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by AtEase
Oh, and thanks Jude. I'm actually a long time lurker; It was a post you made (I think) on the headwize boards months ago about how great the gladiator soundtrack sounded on the v6 that convinced me to get a pair. (great purchase btw)

Phew! That's a funny thing -- sometimes it's easier to say you don't like something than to say you do. Because if someone ever buys something that you think sounds fantastic, but they think sounds like crap, you feel a bit bad -- and this can happen very easily in audio.

Anyway, I'm glad you ended up liking them. They're still among my very favorite headphones.

Dec 25, 2001 at 2:31 AM Post #20 of 47
i need your opinion guys....

should i get the Sony V6 with beyer pads now and have it ready for LAN...or struggle to find the Beyer DT250-80 and have it to me by Friday...

can anyone tell if the V6s are durable? will they last me awhile...i dont want some headphones that will break in a couple of months...

Dec 25, 2001 at 3:02 AM Post #22 of 47
Quote:

Can anyone tell if the V6s are durable? will they last me awhile...i dont want some headphones that will break in a couple of months...

The V6s are KNOWN for their durability! I have a pair and I can tell you that these are built like a TANK! These will last you for many years, if not decades.

Dec 25, 2001 at 1:33 PM Post #24 of 47
again tons of threads with this topic

but here goes

you take off the old pads
one at a time,
just peal them from the cans, as they are just fitted like a pair of socks kinda....

then rip the foamy inner part of the origional pads

then align them up with they beyer pads
and put them back on, (harder than putting on a condom though), and re-align the foamy inner part if it didn't go in straight

very simple

Dec 25, 2001 at 4:28 PM Post #26 of 47
Sometimes the classics are the best!

Feb 2, 2003 at 8:45 PM Post #29 of 47
Jude, can you somehow fix these links (unless the site wasn't
yours)? I'd like to see these pictures.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally posted by jude
These are more pics of the Beyer velour pads on the MDR-V6. I hyperlinked these as they're a bit big.

The back side of one of the velour pads

Stock V6/7506 pleather pad on left, Beyer velour pad on right (notice how much thicker the Beyer pad is)

A close-up of one of the installed velour pads

A close-up of one of the installed velour pads with brighter lighting

A shot of both velour pads on the headphones

Ommigosh, I just posted a bunch of pics of headphone pads. We are obsessed.
wink.gif

Feb 16, 2003 at 9:12 AM Post #30 of 47
Beyer DT 250 pads give more bass to the V6/7506. So if you think the V6 has enough bass don't do the change if u feel that the V6 lacks bass go buy a pairof pads. As usual YMMV & IMHO etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back