Sony MDR-V6 vs. MDR-7506 (and Beyer pads)
Aug 14, 2001 at 5:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

MacDEF

Headphone Hussy (will wear anything if it sounds good)
LOL, I only have this digital camera for a short time, so I'm going digital camera crazy
wink.gif

I thought I'd post pictures of the famous "hybrid" V7506s. For those who weren't around for the discussion on HeadWize some time ago, these used to belong to Flumpus. When he bought them, they came with one V6 earpiece and one 7506 earpiece (brand new, out of the box), "proving," if you will, that the MDR-V6 and MDR-7506 are *exactly* the same headphones save the gold miniplug on the 7506.

Full view (with Beyer pads -- HIGHLY recommended):

V7506.jpg

Left earpiece, Sony MDR-V6:

V7506L.jpg

Right earpiece, Sony MDR-7506:

V7506R.jpg

Aug 14, 2001 at 7:00 AM Post #3 of 47
Yeah, I was telling the gf that one good thing about all these pictures is that I can keep them for insurance purposes
wink.gif

Aug 14, 2001 at 12:10 PM Post #4 of 47
MacDEF, those Sonys look more "classy" with those pads. I noticed that your pads are black. I'm curious to know if they make them in different colors because I saw pictures of 7506/V6's with brownish or greyish Beyer pads. Maybe it was a bad picture.

Aug 14, 2001 at 3:12 PM Post #6 of 47
MacDef, great pics! I'm still trying to figure out how to do that.....just have the pictures pop up! Damn!

Quote:

MacDEF, those Sonys look more "classy" with those pads. I noticed that your pads are black. I'm curious to know if they make them in different colors because I saw pictures of 7506/V6's with brownish or greyish Beyer pads. Maybe it was a bad picture.

artmusic247, my velour pads were black until I started using the V6s when I mowed the lawn. I discovered that sweat makes them turn a slightly brownish/grey color. I guess MacDef doesn't sweat.
wink.gif

Aug 14, 2001 at 5:07 PM Post #7 of 47
artmusic:

When I ordered mine, they only came in black. Maybe Joe's right and it's the sweat. Joe: not a lot of days where we sweat indoors here in the Bay Area
wink.gif

art, sackley, I agree that the velour pads make them look like a much more expensive set of headphons.

Joe: to make the pictures pop-up, just click on the "IMG" button in the reply screen, and paste the URL for the image -- then the picture will just show up.

Aug 14, 2001 at 5:19 PM Post #8 of 47
I don't know the Sony V6, and I only know the 80 Ohm version of the Beyer DT 250 (the 250 Ohm version is supposedly better), but I am just curious: Has anyone thought of buying the phone that comes with the Beyer pads? Has anyone compared them?

Aug 14, 2001 at 6:59 PM Post #11 of 47
Jude, I just realized that you must have taken the cloth "cover" from the stock pads and used them with the Beyer pads. I just used the Beyer pads, so the drivers on mine are exposed.

I wonder if they would sound any better with the cover in? Probably a little less bright, eh?

Aug 15, 2001 at 6:40 AM Post #13 of 47
got any tips on how to switch out the v6 pads for the beyers? mine are ready to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back