Sony MDR-V6 (and family) Impressions Thread
May 14, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #91 of 517
Quote:
Guys a little help pleasa. Just ordered a pair of v6 from amazon uk but i am affraid to get a fake pair. I ordered from a seller called mt. It has 98% postive ratings, but just about 300 or 400 coments about them. Still the order is fullfilled by amazon. Should i worry and get them from another seller like price grabber that has much more coments?

By the way, 49 pounds is expensive for the v6?

Cheers

I think there probly real. i got my pair from amazon for around $68. But its always a good idea to make sure (where is it shiping from? does it show any pictures of the headphones outside the box?) here is a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9slcXOS2gY it seems to go indepft on what a fake v6 looks like and it also seems to have more info then some of the forms regarding the same subject but i could be wrong. 

May 14, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #93 of 517
Just got my pair today. The isolation is great, the sound is alright. What's greatest is the price! I got them for 40 dollars. I plan on modding this babies with a detachable cable plug. I found a guide http://www.head-fi.org/t/606937/sony-mdr-v6-detachable-cable-mod here. It seems pretty straight forward looking at the details and actually seeing the inside of them in person. They're going to rock as portable headphones, the coiled cable on it right now isn't doing me any favors. 

May 14, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #95 of 517
Quote:
Hifi man how do they stand up against the hd 25's in sound quality? 

I didn't like the hd 25 in terms of sound quality for the music I listen to, which is why I sent them back. Comfort wise the V6 kick the HD-25's ass. In sound quality I'd probably favor the HD-25, but for the cost I'd definitely favor the V6. It's hard to make precise comparisons when I can't swap headphones quickly during music to hear details in difference, I don't have the HD-25-1 ii Amperior anymore. I returned them. Also, I wouldn't get the HD-25 unless you're looking for a strictly portable headphone. I got the V6 just because I'm going to mod them so they can be portable, which makes them a better option than the HD-25 for me. Anyways, you asked me about sound quality and I said more than you asked for. 

May 14, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #96 of 517
Quote:
I didn't like the hd 25 in terms of sound quality for the music I listen to, which is why I sent them back. Comfort wise the V6 kick the HD-25's ass. In sound quality I'd probably favor the HD-25, but for the cost I'd definitely favor the V6. It's hard to make precise comparisons when I can't swap headphones quickly during music to hear details in difference, I don't have the HD-25-1 ii Amperior anymore. I returned them. Also, I wouldn't get the HD-25 unless you're looking for a strictly portable headphone. I got the V6 just because I'm going to mod them so they can be portable, which makes them a better option than the HD-25 for me. Anyways, you asked me about sound quality and I said more than you asked for. 

And i thank you for doing that.. :)

I am just trying to figure out if they are really good for just music listening since i was not amazed by my aurvanas...

May 14, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #97 of 517
Quote:

I am just trying to figure out if they are really good for just music listening since i was not amazed by my aurvanas...

it all depends on the music your listening to really. they have been described as pretty dang bright but in my opionin this is sorta a different story. i sorta think they have a v shape sound signiture once you have them for a while. After a little use they have nice punchy bass that goes decently low and sharp clear highs while the mid range however is slightly receeded. when i first got them i thought they where crackly bright (too bright) and had little bass punch "thats just what i thought at the time". But after awhile the highs became tamer and the bass got realy REALY nice and punchy! defently a realy good sounding headphone and a realy good buy. but keep in mind my exsperances are different from others and might very much be different from yours. we are all diffrenet! but regardless it is a perfect sub 100 pound or dollar headphone IMO. 

Quote:

i think its ok but im but dont quote me on this because anything can happen i guess. but regardless i think its a good source and you should get them from there i guess.

ps... sorry for crapy grammar the spell check wasnt working!!! lol

May 14, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #98 of 517
Quote:

as long as you don't listen to black metal like me I'm sure you'll be fine. The recessed mids become too recessed when the treble is as aggressive as it is in metal.

May 14, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #99 of 517
Thank you zombie. 

But i do need a change in sound. I listen to pretty much everything and althogh i like my k518's and my aurvanas to me they sound a little veiled and thats why i wanted something different, brighter, with detail and pure and clear sound. I listen to alot of trance do good defined highs are welcome as well.

I am just worried because some say the v6 are a no go for music listening because they are boring and music does not sound good on them.
But they do seem to be what i am looking for.

Always wanted to try these, my other options were the pro100 djs's and the srh440. The shure were exclued because they cost a half more than the v6, and the koss seem to need an amp and also it seems they are a bit warm. Being the v6 the brighter of the bunch and because of all the good feedback about the sound (despite also a good amount of criticism) and the build i really got interested on them.

Just hope they are as good as i wich... :)

May 14, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #100 of 517
Quote:
Thank you zombie. 

But i do need a change in sound. I listen to pretty much everything and althogh i like my k518's and my aurvanas to me they sound a little veiled and thats why i wanted something different, brighter, with detail and pure and clear sound. I listen to alot of trance do good defined highs are welcome as well.

I am just worried because some say the v6 are a no go for music listening because they are boring and music does not sound good on them.
But they do seem to be what i am looking for.

Always wanted to try these, my other options were the pro100 djs's and the srh440. The shure were exclued because they cost a half more than the v6, and the koss seem to need an amp and also it seems they are a bit warm. Being the v6 the brighter of the bunch and because of all the good feedback about the sound (despite also a good amount of criticism) and the build i really got interested on them.

Just hope they are as good as i wich... :)

i think this will very much give you the sound that you have been looking for exspecly for any electronic based music. it is also a pretty good all around too IMO. i have heard people say that it is too analytical and non organic for their taste, some say there too sterile sounding  those who believe this think there good for the studio but not so musical for personal listening. But of course these are just mere opinions ( i think those who have said opinions like really warm and colored sound IMO.) I think there very nice for personal listing for under 100 and for studio use but of course this is just my point of view. in reality we all have different taste preferences and opinions  on headphones will all ways be different from person to person. In the end your going to have to just try them out really. But i do think you will like them.

May 21, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #101 of 517
Hi guys.... :)

+1 for the Sony mdr v6's. Ordered yesterday from amazon uk and they were dispatched today in the afternoon.

Firs of all i would like to thank all of those that helped me on my choice... :)

Secondly i have a couple of questions about them and i hope someone can help me...

1- I ordered them from amazon from a retailer named Appods... Seem Legit right? (zombie i ended up cancelling my first order...)

2- Has anyone purcased a pair of v6's recently in Europe? wich is the time given for warranty purposes and what do we have to do to send them for repair?

3-(...For recent v6 buyers on amazon uk ....) Where were yours made (Japan, Thailand or other?)?

4- The differences in build but specially in sound quality between the "made in thailand" or "made in japan" version are very noticeable? (i saw noiseboy57's post on the second page of this thread but i wanted to get a bit more info specially in terms of sound quality... )

Hope anyone can help me please.... :)

May 22, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #103 of 517
Hi guys.... :)

+1 for the Sony mdr v6's. Ordered yesterday from amazon uk and they were dispatched today in the afternoon.

Firs of all i would like to thank all of those that helped me on my choice... :)

Secondly i have a couple of questions about them and i hope someone can help me...

1- I ordered them from amazon from a retailer named Appods... Seem Legit right? (zombie i ended up cancelling my first order...)

2- Has anyone purcased a pair of v6's recently in Europe? wich is the time given for warranty purposes and what do we have to do to send them for repair?

3-(...For recent v6 buyers on amazon uk ....) Where were yours made (Japan, Thailand or other?)?

4- The differences in build but specially in sound quality between the "made in thailand" or "made in japan" version are very noticeable? (i saw noiseboy57's post on the second page of this thread but i wanted to get a bit more info specially in terms of sound quality... )

Hope anyone can help me please.... :)

now i bought mine here in the US since.. well im here.
being i never bought some in the UK.

check some features to see if they're legit; There is a thread talking about Fake V6/Real V6 i suggest that.

and the ones I have which are genuine, are made in Thaliand.

I can think that V6's arent made in Japan anymore? that was back in the day (i could be wrong..)
Current V6's (or at least the majority) are now made in Thailand.

May 22, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #104 of 517
Quote:
now i bought mine here in the US since.. well im here.
being i never bought some in the UK.

check some features to see if they're legit; There is a thread talking about Fake V6/Real V6 i suggest that.

and the ones I have which are genuine, are made in Thaliand.

I can think that V6's arent made in Japan anymore? that was back in the day (i could be wrong..)
Current V6's (or at least the majority) are now made in Thailand.

I will PinoyPogiman.... At least i think i got them from a good retailler on amazon so i think i'm going to get a genuine pair or otherwise "all hell is going to break loose!!!!!!!" XD

Thank you very much for your reply... :)

I am actually really excited to get them... :) Can't wait to compare them with my Aurvana's and my Akg K518's....

So thailand is good right? Japan made no longer exists and made in China means they are definitly fake right?

But as anyone ever tried a pair made in thailand and other made in Japan? The differences in sq and bq are very noticeable?

May 22, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #105 of 517
I agree with HiFiMan's description and comparison with the HD-25.  I would never call these bright as a couple of people have described them.  I guess we all hear different things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back