Sony MDR-V6 (and family) Impressions Thread
May 22, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #106 of 517
I will PinoyPogiman.... At least i think i got them from a good retailler on amazon so i think i'm going to get a genuine pair or otherwise "all hell is going to break loose!!!!!!!" XD

Thank you very much for your reply... :)

I am actually really excited to get them... :) Can't wait to compare them with my Aurvana's and my Akg K518's....

So thailand is good right? Japan made no longer exists and made in China means they are definitly fake right?

But as anyone ever tried a pair made in thailand and other made in Japan? The differences in sq and bq are very noticeable?
'

AFAIK about that "where its made in"

but i have to guarantee it is DEF made in Thailand.

but market is always changing, and just small changes dont go noticed as easily.

but i guess Sony would be one known to have fairly good Quality control.

May 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #107 of 517

Detachable cable mod successful! Well, kinda. After much soldering I finally got sound to come through loud and clear. I think I did a bit of a shotty job soldering. I forgot to apply the soldering goo to the wires at first and had to reapply after I threaded the wires through these stupidly tiny holes. Glad I finally finished it though, because hopefully if my job holds up... well I did away with the coiled cable very nicely :D

Not bad for my first soldering job ever!

May 23, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #108 of 517
A couple of people? Everyone i talked about and that have the v6 called them bright. Some even compared them to the sr60s and said the highs of the m50 sounded veiled when compared with the v6 ones....

They better be bright!!! :) at least i ordered them thinking that they are and because i wanted a different sound akg from my akg and my creatives...
I agree with HiFiMan's description and comparison with the HD-25.  I would never call these bright as a couple of people have described them.  I guess we all hear different things.

May 24, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #109 of 517
I think it's best for us to compare sound characteristics of a headphone to other specific models, and always based on firsthand experience.

Something like brightness can be a relative term for many reasons... like the type and volume of your music choice, and what other headphones you have to compare to.

For instance, the Sony 7506's on my head sound much brighter than Senn HD280 pros or XB500's to my ears...so I'd call them "bright" if I were making a generalization. But I'm sure there are dozens of other headphones out there that are still brighter than the 7506s. So is it right for me to say they are "bright" without adding "compared to..."? I dont think so.

May 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #110 of 517
Quote:

Detachable cable mod successful! Well, kinda. After much soldering I finally got sound to come through loud and clear. I think I did a bit of a shotty job soldering. I forgot to apply the soldering goo to the wires at first and had to reapply after I threaded the wires through these stupidly tiny holes. Glad I finally finished it though, because hopefully if my job holds up... well I did away with the coiled cable very nicely :D

Not bad for my first soldering job ever!

I'm really interested in doing this on my 7506s. I really dont need the coiled cord.
Could you share any of your references that you went by to do this? Also, what plug and cable are you using now, and do yo have any noise artifacts if you twist the cable etc?

May 25, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #111 of 517
Just rediscovered these in a corner somewhere in the house. First headphone I owned, circa late '80s. Thing is built like a tank, not surprised that they still don't miss a beat Pretty damn good bargain and not as "bright" as I had thought they were from my audio memory. Just goes to show you how flawed audio memory can be. Giving the new Daft Punk album a listen, definitely not feeling a lack of bass.

May 26, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #112 of 517

I thought putting socks over the cups would increase wind isolation. It does not. I was out on a walk without the sock covers, and it was giving me a lot of wind noise. I tried blowing my fan on these on just a low setting and I could still hear the blowing. If anyone has any creative idea how to alleviate this issue of wind isolation for these headsets you will become cool.

Maybe having the velour pads would fix it. Not willing to spend the money though.

It doesn't matter anyways because my bose headphones don't make any noise when it's windy, and those headphones are nice too.

May 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #113 of 517
Already have my mdr v6's!!!! :)

So far so good... Seen all of the videos on youtube to make sure they are legit. They look, feel and sound amazing so they must be the real thing... XD

Made in thailand....

No complaints, just one of the red digital stickers is slightly misplaced but it is not really noticeable at all.

Really liking them so far. 

Just one question for those who purchased the v6's in a european amazon....

Does the v6 have warranty in Europe??? on the lilited warranty paper that comes on the package it says "us only"....

So..... No warranty for European v6 buyers?????

Thank you....

May 27, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #114 of 517
The warranty on the V6 is pretty bad. It's handled by Sony's consumer division, and is only 90 days. You aren't missing much. The 7506's biggest selling point over the V6 is that it has a nice 1 year warranty handled by the pro division. 

May 27, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #115 of 517
so basically after the amazon expires.... if a wire stops working.... garbage? because on the limited warranty flyer it says us only, soooooooo..... basically european costumers dont even get the 90 days warranty.... wich is kind of stupid since sony is a worlwide company..... but ok..... if they at least last a year it is not that bad for 49 pounds.... but still.... No warranty for European costumers? Shame on you sony..... I will never buy sony products again!!!!!!..... besides the ps4, maybe the zx700 someday and maybe a bravia tv sometime...... XD

Now seriously... I think its a shame....... at least the 90 days should be available for everyone around the world.... But ok.... Just hope they last.....

Ps: ...all of those who say the v6's are not musical and only for critical listening must be deaf or maybe i am really not that picky......  XD ...I have a pair of Cal!'s and i am enjoying listening to music on the v6's as much on the creatives's... They are very enjoyable and after 12 hours  they are even better....

May 27, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #117 of 517
but its stupid.... they are sold worldwide for years, especially on amazon... (but actually the only amazon store that sells them officially is the us one,,, on all european amazons they are fulfilled by amazon but they are all sold by other retailers.... maybe thats why... probably they are imported from the us to europe... i dont know i am a noob... XD.... Just wanted some warranty thats all... ;( )

May 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #118 of 517
Are there any major differences between the V6 and 7506? I'm looking to buy them and the 7506 are £10 more expensive on Amazon UK

May 28, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #119 of 517
The biggest difference is that the 7506 comes with a better warranty. 

The wiring on the 7506 reduces crosstalk (one channel leaking into the other) and it has a gold plug, but both of those are pretty small things. 

May 28, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #120 of 517
Oh. IMO not worth the extra tenner then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back