Sony MDR-V6 (and family) Impressions Thread
Mar 11, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #61 of 517
Please try my 7506 impulse responce:
https://www.box.com/s/d64cemhiecnubjf5g16g

It changes the 7506's frequency responce to a diffuse field curve that includes the HF attenuation of listening rooms. Raw data is courteousy of goldenears.net. It's only a +-2db difference but since the main range affected is between 2-8kHz the perceived difference ends up being substantial. Sony really did their homework.

Mar 11, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #64 of 517
guys, can someone tell me if the Beyerdynamic EDT250 earpads are larger than the stock ones? i bought the V6's from amazon without the possibility to try them, and i have relised that they are closer to supraaural on my ears than to circumaural, so i need larger earpads to put my ears in. 

Mar 11, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #66 of 517
Quote:

Pictures! Just grab a tissue, roll it down to the size of your index finger, and stuff it in. Yeah, I have beat stock pads. They're sooo comfy I don't want to buy new ones

Thank you for sharing. Those are indeed beat!

Quote:
guys, can someone tell me if the Beyerdynamic EDT250 earpads are larger than the stock ones? i bought the V6's from amazon without the possibility to try them, and i have relised that they are closer to supraaural on my ears than to circumaural, so i need larger earpads to put my ears in. 

I recently took a trip through Amazon's 88 reviews of the EDT250s and found several mentions of them being thicker than stock. Same for the Pearstones too.

Mar 20, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #68 of 517
The outside diameter of the Beyer pads is larger, but the opening for the ear is SMALLER than the stock SONY.  I just got mine and I am very disappointed as I wanted something with a larger earhole than the stock.  See my post under V6 comfort for more details.

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #69 of 517
Quote:
The outside diameter of the Beyer pads is larger, but the opening for the ear is SMALLER than the stock SONY.  I just got mine and I am very disappointed as I wanted something with a larger earhole than the stock.  See my post under V6 comfort for more details.

Same thing with the Pearstone pads. See my writeup: http://www.head-fi.org/t/541837/pearstone-replacement-earpads-vs-original-earpads-for-sony-mdr-7506-mdr-v6-pictures#post_9268763

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #71 of 517
Shure SRH 940 pads might be worth looking in to. Please check out my dedicated on the subject: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/655462

Hold the phone
This might be kind of out of the blue, but I just finished (for now) up my t50rp's, and I just wanted to thank everyone for their contributions to this topic. If it wasn't for all of the people of have continually posted about their experience with the fostex's, there is no way that I (or I imagine plenty of other people) would have been able to turn such an inexpensive set of headphones into such bliss.

Also, I read some where earlier in here that the Shure SRH940 pads wouldn't work on the t50rp's. I have them on mine right now; they fit and sound good. I have ordered a set of 840 pads to compare, and will post my findings.

If anyone is interested in trying the 940 pads, here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005OM06RG/ref=oh_o03_s00_i00_details
ir

Cheers!

Shure 940 pads fit these and the fostex t50rp. Which means, by extension, that mad dog pads may fit

Mar 22, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #72 of 517

thanks man, you just saved me 20$]

Mar 29, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #73 of 517
Hi guys...

Sorry to bother but i also would like to buy one of these two headphones and since i can not try them first i would really like someone to advise me eich one is better for my likings....

I already have a pair of AKG K81/518dj and a pair of Creative Aurvana Live!'s Wich are really good.

I listen to a little bit of everything but i specially listen to trance music wich need good detail and sparkly treble for the uplifting parts of it...

I am not a bass head, so i prefer a good and tight bass and very nice detailled treble (for example my k518dj have too much bass that cover's erverything...).

I was at first leaning towards the v6 because of all the praise, durability, sound detail and lots of treble, but many peolple told me these are not good for music and that they are too harsh (once again this is what people told, i never tried any one of these before...)... these koss were suggested to me because it seems they are better for music than the v6 and that the treble is better and sparkly as well (not as harsh on the v6).

Both cost around 50 pounds on amazon....

Wich one guys? :)

Thank you....

Edit: By the way, i will be using these with my ipod touch 4g or other ipods (I have no amps), sometimes on my laptop or my nexus 7. 

One question about the Koss lifetime warranty...If i completely trash the Koss's (physically), does the warranty still applies? Or does the lifetime warranty only is applied for internal flaws (blown drivers, etc...)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back