Sony MDR-V6 (and family) Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #76 of 517
I just set my order on a pair of Sony MDR-V6 after looking up so many reviews. and feeling the need to buy yet another headphone.

as my Koss portapro just recently broke snapped, im looking into having it repaired soon.

i still have my Sony XB500, Grado SR80i, and my Sony ZX100 which someone else is using.

I bought my V6's because i needed a great sounding Closed Back can to tote around high school because my Grado's just arent great at isolation. as they are my strict "Home" phones now.

not only that, because i want good sound quality and a signature a little bit similar to Grados, but im always open to something new to hear.

and that, my XB500's have strong clamping force, i dont find them as comfortable as they really are, i love them. but the insane amount of bass played is fatiguing for me.
another reason i personally dont like the Beats line of headphones.

Apr 6, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #77 of 517
I had a pair of these back in 1987.  They were my first pair of decent headphones and I remember loving the sound.  My only complaint was that the pleather material covering the cushions disintegrated after not too long.  Hopefully, in all these years Sony has corrected that.

Apr 8, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #78 of 517
Quote:
I had a pair of these back in 1987.  They were my first pair of decent headphones and I remember loving the sound.  My only complaint was that the pleather material covering the cushions disintegrated after not too long.  Hopefully, in all these years Sony has corrected that.

I've seen some who claim they last a decade, others say 6 months. I guess it comes down to how much you use them along with other factors like skin/hair pH.

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #79 of 517

^one small happy Sony family,
Sony MDR-XB500
Sony MDR-ZX100
and now Sony MDR-V6

as well as their american neighbor Grado SR80i.(middle)

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #80 of 517

^one small happy Sony family,
Sony MDR-XB500
Sony MDR-ZX100
and now Sony MDR-V6

as well as their american neighbor Grado SR80i.(middle)

Its a coincidence that i have built up a collection and now added 1 more of Sony headphones.
im sure you respect that much, but i dont limit myself to Sony as a choice.
Sony makes some pretty quality products given the great value.

im very well open to products of Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, etc.

now that you know, i really do like my Sony MDR-V6.

and for many to know i hear there is a case that the Sony MDR-V6 ad 7506 are among headphones i hear to be heavily faked.

i bough these from Amazon, under the Dealer "Amazon LLC" which i trust heavily as Sony marks Amazon LLC to be a valid online dealer.

so theres my recommendation to where you should by them and guarantee GENUINE!

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #81 of 517
I bought the MDR-V6 ~5years back for DJ'ing but it quickly became my go-to for listening @ work. 
My work setup is:  iPod + cmoyBB + MDR-V6

It renders details very well, and despite it's shortcomings (unrealistic timbre in the mids), I still love it.

May 2, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #84 of 517
I bought the MDR-V6 around 7 years ago... they were my first "real" headphones... still love them...
beyersmile.png

May 7, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #86 of 517
Hey there guys... RIght now i have a pair of AKG K518 and a pair of CAL! wich really did not impressed me very much unfortunately. They sound nice but they seem like a little better version of my akg's since they share a similar sound signature. I am now giving up on warm headphones and i think i am going to try a little brighter. First candidates are the shure srh440 and the v6's.

Any thoughts about these two?

I should probably keep away from ebay when it comes to buying the v6's since there are many fakes right?

These are probably fake right?:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-SONY-MDR-v6-Professional-Studio-Headphone-in-box-/251271954833?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a80f9c191

Thank you...

May 7, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #87 of 517
Quote:
Hey there guys... RIght now i have a pair of AKG K518 and a pair of CAL! wich really did not impressed me very much unfortunately. They sound nice but they seem like a little better version of my akg's since they share a similar sound signature. I am now giving up on warm headphones and i think i am going to try a little brighter. First candidates are the shure srh440 and the v6's.

Any thoughts about these two?

I should probably keep away from ebay when it comes to buying the v6's since there are many fakes right?

These are probably fake right?:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-SONY-MDR-v6-Professional-Studio-Headphone-in-box-/251271954833?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a80f9c191

Thank you...

im pretty dang sure there fake. 1 there from china and about 95% of all the mdr-v6's iv seen that are from china are fake ( but i have seen some legit ones that are made in china) 2 there from ebay for a supper lower price, that just screams scam!

May 9, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #89 of 517
Purchased these headphones about one year ago, together with other headphones costing me about three times as much as the Sony V6, but I still love the sound of these headphones, and I often go back to them without any regrets, as they are durable, comfortable and have a nice neutral sound throughout the entire sound spectrum range!

May 14, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #90 of 517
Guys a little help pleasa. Just ordered a pair of v6 from amazon uk but i am affraid to get a fake pair. I ordered from a seller called mt. It has 98% postive ratings, but just about 300 or 400 coments about them. Still the order is fullfilled by amazon. Should i worry and get them from another seller like price grabber that has much more coments?

By the way, 49 pounds is expensive for the v6?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back