SONY IER-Z1R
Aug 21, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #14,431 of 15,271
My XBA-Z5 was bought from amazon usa ib bovwember 2022 box has no date.

DMP was bought in amazon europe (germany) in november 2021 also the box has no date.

Serial of XBA-Z5 lies in the 377XX abd that of DMP arround the 2xx
Got my XBA-Z5 used, serial is in the 23xxx, must be pretty old. I was surprised how different this former flagship sounded compared to Z1R. Very smooth and laid back.

Aug 21, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #14,433 of 15,271
these must sound great b/c they look unbelievably uncomfortable.
That varies at lot from person to person. To me the Z1R is extremely comfortable and I can easily wear 8 hours stright. The Z5 on the other hand was the only iem I’ve ever tried that I could not get on with or get a decent seal

Aug 21, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #14,434 of 15,271
Got my XBA-Z5 used, serial is in the 23xxx, must be pretty old. I was surprised how different this former flagship sounded compared to Z1R. Very smooth and laid back.
Yes smooth and laid back, still with some nicestage and details when driven properly and wide-bore tips (mine custom€ and a goodcable.

I like itesp when Z1R treble is a bit too much

Aug 21, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #14,438 of 15,271
Right tips + deep insertion and treble is spot on for me. I'm very sensitive to sibilance and sharpness and I have returned a lot of stuff because of treble issues.

Aug 21, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #14,439 of 15,271
Z1R trebles are intense definitely, on presence region 4khz, lower trebles 6khz and trebles 8khz. These 3 sister mountains are intense without doubt, sounded forward, presenting all trebles details and fun but can be tiring for others. Buttt... they are presented in smooth and refine way, thanks to the small DD and the foam on thr nozzle that dampening the edges to prevent over resonance zings or trail of the treble edges. They are intense and forwarded but not edgy and raw.

Aug 24, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #14,444 of 15,271
The issue with my left side being significantly looser than my right side bothered me too much. I contacted Sony Support and lucky for me I’m still under the factory warranty, they are going to replace it for me. I also noticed for some reason it was more difficult to remove the left side cable than the right, so it let me to believe that that connector was going bad for some reason.

The downside of having to send my IER Z1R to Sony is that I’m stuck listening to music using my old Moondrop Aria, I’m spoiled by the Z1R i can’t wait to get it back from Sony.

Aug 24, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #14,445 of 15,271
The issue with my left side being significantly looser than my right side bothered me too much. I contacted Sony Support and lucky for me I’m still under the factory warranty, they are going to replace it for me. I also noticed for some reason it was more difficult to remove the left side cable than the right, so it let me to believe that that connector was going bad for some reason.

The downside of having to send my IER Z1R to Sony is that I’m stuck listening to music using my old Moondrop Aria, I’m spoiled by the Z1R i can’t wait to get it back from Sony.
did they confirm that the issue is covered by the warranty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back