SONY IER-Z1R
Mar 23, 2022 at 4:22 AM Post #11,671 of 15,361
I am not hesitating due to the price haha, I'm just looking for the best price I can get it at haha. After all, I already own its best friend, the gold walkman.:smirk:
Since I'm back in this hole, I'm currently looking for a DAP that supports Apple music streaming.

I love Astell&Kern's design, sleek and kinda slim. Looking towards that direction ATM.

Mar 23, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #11,672 of 15,361
Since I'm back in this hole, I'm currently looking for a DAP that supports Apple music streaming.

I love Astell&Kern's design, sleek and kinda slim. Looking towards that direction ATM.
A&K DAPs have that very clean and analytical sound which may be a good synergy with your IER-Z1R. (Depending on what you like of course)

However, if you are in the market for that clean sound, do consider Fiio's M11 Plus ESS and iBasso DX300 as well, they are currently very strong contenders for that 1K-1.5K SGD range.

I think that the Fiio player might be quite up your alley since you did mention that you like a sleek, slim and angled design.

Mar 23, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #11,673 of 15,361
A&K DAPs have that very clean and analytical sound which may be a good synergy with your IER-Z1R. (Depending on what you like of course)

However, if you are in the market for that clean sound, do consider Fiio's M11 Plus ESS and iBasso DX300 as well, they are currently very strong contenders for that 1K-1.5K SGD range.

I think that the Fiio player might be quite up your alley since you did mention that you like a sleek, slim and angled design.
Thanks for the info man :beerchug:

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #11,674 of 15,361
I was about to try this on a local audio store, but sadly the drivers weren't there because someone took them out. I was literally that close to trying the best bass IEM

Mar 23, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #11,675 of 15,361
I was about to try this on a local audio store, but sadly the drivers weren't there because someone took them out. I was literally that close to trying the best bass IEM
You mean someone stole the dynamic driver inside? Or the dynamic driver is spoiled? :scream:

Mar 23, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #11,676 of 15,361
You mean someone stole the dynamic driver inside? Or the dynamic driver is spoiled? :scream:
i think someone took the driver out but I dont know for what purpose lol. Must be a bad day for me.

Mar 23, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #11,677 of 15,361
i think someone took the driver out but I dont know for what purpose lol. Must be a bad day for me.
This is the weirdest thing I ever heard, it is not possible to take out drivers from IEM without breaking the shell. For Z1R, the shell is zirconium alloy, you can't break it without some serious damage. Even Sony won't do the repair if drivers failed. I guess the store clerk just don't want to let you demo the IEM but the excuse is so lame.

Mar 23, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #11,678 of 15,361
Ooh, new favourite Z1R tip. Just replaced Spiral Dot for me. Slightly more vocal focus, tighter bass with same great rumble, smooth midrange and treble, and just as comfy. I like.

PSX_20220323_215046.jpg

Mar 23, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #11,679 of 15,361
Ooh, new favourite Z1R tip. Just replaced Spiral Dot for me. Slightly more vocal focus, tighter bass with same great rumble, smooth midrange and treble, and just as comfy. I like.

Those are the original Sony Hybrid, came with the XBA-Z5,XBA-N3 and XBA-100. The next came Triple Comfort. But those are great. My first tips on the IER-Z1R, then later I liked the stock mids better. The IER comes with variations of both newer Triple Comfort (foam) and Hybrids. They actually increase and make the bass slower(Black/White ones) for me anyway? They are getting rare.

They come in white too.
6848B1E1-27D7-4451-AD5E-4AB20CA5D02F.png

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #11,680 of 15,361
Those are the original Sony Hybrid, came with the XBA-Z5,XBA-N3 and XBA-100. The next came Triple Comfort. But those are great. My first tips on the IER-Z1R, then later I liked the stock mids better. The IER comes with variations of both newer Triple Comfort (foam) and Hybrids. They actually increase and make the bass slower. They are getting rare.

They come in white too.
6848B1E1-27D7-4451-AD5E-4AB20CA5D02F.png
So are these the same silicone tips that come with the Z1R? How funny, I didn't really click with the stock tips and chose the Spiral Dots instead. These black tips feel softer than the white Z1R tips. They also happen to be the cheapest tips I've found! I think I'll grab a few more sets before they disappear.

Mar 23, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #11,681 of 15,361
So are these the same silicone tips that come with the Z1R? How funny, I didn't really click with the stock tips and chose the Spiral Dots instead. These black tips feel softer than the white Z1R tips. They also happen to be the cheapest tips I've found! I think I'll grab a few more sets before they disappear.
No, the new ones are a clear complete reworking of the original black. But they are called the same, as both silicones. Read the description. They also offer a new variation of the Triple Comfort too, those are the included foam, that’s included with the IER also. But those too were black then gray for the IER-Z1R.

The description is on the IER tip tray in small letters.

They are slightly different. The Hybrid Clear included sound more mid heavy to me, less bass? Both “Hybrid” tips are closely related but not identical. They are both called the same though if you read the IER box, and could read the new Japanese package you just purchased.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #11,682 of 15,361
No, the new ones are a clear complete reworking of the original black. But they are called the same, as both silicones. Read the description. They also offer a new variation of the Triple Comfort too, those are the included foam, that’s included with the IER also. But those too were black then gray for the IER-Z1R.

They are slightly different. The Hybrid Clear included sound more mid heavy to me, less bass?
Yeah, I'm hearing great bass with these. And Z1R looks better with black tips too 😉

Mar 23, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #11,683 of 15,361
Yeah, I'm hearing great bass with these. And Z1R looks better with black tips too 😉
That’s how I first heard the IER, as those were my go to tips for everything. I save them as they have all kinds of uses still on a variety of IEMs.

Mar 23, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #11,684 of 15,361
The complete set, came with EX1000. We are buying pieces of it or get a portion with IEMs. Normally no super small or super large. Or MS, or ML, I have never seen those? Also no noise isolation tips ever included since, that I know of?
8BF1F520-8273-466E-9349-27D021E40CF8.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #11,685 of 15,361

They are slightly different. The Hybrid Clear included sound more mid heavy to me, less bass? Both “Hybrid” tips are closely related but not identical. They are both called the same though if you read the IER box, and could read the new Japanese package you just purchased.
Ah I need to buy some triple comforts. Do you have the link? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back