SONY IER-Z1R
Jun 17, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #10,531 of 15,275
I'm not a burn-in guy - never was, never really set down any gear to burn in. While the sound of the Z1R basically settle down after like 50 hours, I'm pleased to still find now and then that there were noticeable but unquantifiable improvements here or there after 500+ hours on it. The huge DD driver is really something - the bass now reaches as low as the floor........yet still present itself in an unobstructive manner. Amazing.
What pops out of your signature is:
Sony IER-Z1R (insanely good Stock Cable)
Having just purchased them it was refreshing to just get on and enjoy them instead of paying $$$($) for the recommended cable to...tame the highs, tighten the bass etc....

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #10,532 of 15,275
What pops out of your signature is:
Sony IER-Z1R (insanely good Stock Cable)
Having just purchased them it was a refreshing to just get on and enjoy them instead of paying $$$($) for the recommended cable to...tame the highs, tighten the bass etc....
Insanely good stock cable!

Jun 20, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #10,535 of 15,275
Jun 20, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #10,538 of 15,275
To me, they feel and sound like the stock silicone, which is great. It doesn't help with the grip though. My ears got waxy
The bass on the Final E clears up quite a bit compared to the stock silicone - but I agree it doesn't help with grip. I do find them marginally more comfortable than the stock and definitely sound better, so count me in the Final E camp for the Z1R!

Jun 21, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #10,539 of 15,275
The bass on the Final E clears up quite a bit compared to the stock silicone - but I agree it doesn't help with grip. I do find them marginally more comfortable than the stock and definitely sound better, so count me in the Final E camp for the Z1R!

Final E is a bit more bulbous in shape and the inner tube tapers steeper than the original - a tiny bit less comfy, a fair bit more mid bass resulting in a shallower overall bass, and very noticeably compromised highs (for some insertion depths that varies amongst people, the mid-highs may be emphasised against the rolled off highs too).

I very much prefer the stock silicon. Funny how I for once in god-knows-how-many years am so satisfied with the stock configuration that I really can't find a reason to switch to aftermarket tips or cables.

Jun 22, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #10,540 of 15,275
Final E is a bit more bulbous in shape and the inner tube tapers steeper than the original - a tiny bit less comfy, a fair bit more mid bass resulting in a shallower overall bass, and very noticeably compromised highs (for some insertion depths that varies amongst people, the mid-highs may be emphasised against the rolled off highs too).

I very much prefer the stock silicon. Funny how I for once in god-knows-how-many years am so satisfied with the stock configuration that I really can't find a reason to switch to aftermarket tips or cables.
That was another bonus about the Z1R, having great stock tips. Pre-covid I used to spend a month in Japan so I could stroll into e earphone and try any tip in any size, if I had to do that with online pricing and shipping to my country it would be very costly. Perhaps I could find improvements with other tips but I am very satisfied for sound and comfort with the supplied tips.

Jun 22, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #10,541 of 15,275
Insanely good stock tips, too!

Jun 22, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #10,542 of 15,275
Insanely good stock tips, too!
I'm pretty much running my Z1R fully stock now lol

I went through so many cables and tips, and I keep coming back to stock.

Jun 22, 2021 at 1:23 AM Post #10,543 of 15,275
Exactly......that is what is so very strange? 1st in history, I mean how do they even know?
I'm pretty much running my Z1R fully stock now lol

I went through so many cables and tips, and I keep coming back to stock.

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #10,545 of 15,275

Users who are viewing this thread

Back