SONY IER-Z1R
Apr 19, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #2,102 of 15,275
IER-Z1R's are selling like hotcakes in China apparently. Must be a lot of big ears there because they find the fit pretty alright. Both Solaris and Z1R fit fine for me.

I think it's selling well all over Asia, not too surprised, it's not neutral but neutral can be boring, Z1R pushes so much air and stage is huge, quite an addictive sound, definitely one of the best IEMs I've ever used. Sadly I ended up selling it because it was a bit too big for my ears. Same case w/ Solaris. What a shame since both are top tier in my books. If there's ever a CIEM Z1R (doubtful) I'd order in a heartbeat.

Apr 19, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #2,103 of 15,275
I think it's selling well all over Asia, not too surprised, it's not neutral but neutral can be boring, Z1R pushes so much air and stage is huge, quite an addictive sound, definitely one of the best IEMs I've ever used. Sadly I ended up selling it because it was a bit too big for my ears. Same case w/ Solaris. What a shame since both are top tier in my books. If there's ever a CIEM Z1R (doubtful) I'd order in a heartbeat.
You ever tried custom tips ?

Apr 19, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #2,108 of 15,275
Apr 19, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #2,109 of 15,275
Yes, was on its way in a day. Coming late next work week. Hit a snag with the order being automatically cancelled and my bank not figuring what to do out quickly but the site is professionally done, check-out otherwise painless, and they are a physical seller/store in Singapore. Support was quick and informative too, fluent English.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #2,110 of 15,275
Yes, was on its way in a day. Coming late next work week. Hit a snag with the order being automatically cancelled and my bank not figuring what to do out quickly but the site is professionally done, check-out otherwise painless, and they are a physical seller/store in Singapore. Support was quick and informative too, fluent English.

Awesome I look forward to hearing your impressions of it.

Apr 19, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #2,112 of 15,275

This is really tempting, I'm still on the fence between ordering from Asia or waiting for Woo Audio....

Apr 19, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #2,113 of 15,275
Awesome I look forward to hearing your impressions of it.

You and I both and only. :wink:

This is really tempting, I'm still on the fence between ordering from Asia or waiting for Woo Audio....

Depends on how you weigh availability and $250 vs selling here if you dislike them. One of our Singaporean friends sold his with a final $1850 listing here and a whopping $2100 listing on Amazon (wonder which led to the sale). Given how there appears to be a restocking fee with Woo Audio and perhaps others I figure the resale value should remain high if not for profit. If it's true that these are selling well at least in China maybe they sell well in the West too. Or apparently you can pick up a Z5 at a quarter of the price and walk away with a superior iem. C'est la vie.

Apr 19, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #2,114 of 15,275
it took a long time but the bass finally settle and currently has the best bass decay in my IEM collection. Just guys you need to be patient with this IEM, very patient.
And I also swapped to old Sony Hybrid tips (the black one), the stock tip don't work for me, and most likely for many others as they are a different materials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back