SONY IER-Z1R
Jun 14, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #13,877 of 15,290
As I occasionally look at these in the classifieds and get tempted, does anyone know if fakes are a potential issue? If so, any way to tell?
You can get timestamped photos to prove ownership/condition. As for fakes, I'd imagine it's difficult to fake IEMs but not entirely impossible.

I'd recommend using PayPal G&S to give yourself some protection in the event there are issues with the item.

Jun 14, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #13,878 of 15,290
You can get timestamped photos to prove ownership/condition. As for fakes, I'd imagine it's difficult to fake IEMs but not entirely impossible.

I'd recommend using PayPal G&S to give yourself some protection in the event there are issues with the item.

Well, I know that there are fake Sennheisers (IE900, etc.) all over, so I thought I would ask... Thank you everyone for the replies!

Jun 14, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #13,879 of 15,290
Yeah it would be seriously difficult to fake a Z1R. I wouldn't worry.

It is not “seriously difficult to fake a Z1R". The true reason is, Z1R is an unpopular headphone, to invest research and development on this will only yield negative profit.

As fake IE900, do you know how many research articles published by Chinese on "Helmholtz resonator" alone?

Jun 14, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #13,881 of 15,290
Lol. Sure you want to troll in this thread?
Maybe bad choice of words? Non-consumer-range/priced-high-selling EARphone that is worth ripping off was what he intended? I hope.

Jun 14, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #13,882 of 15,290
Yeah it would be seriously difficult to fake a Z1R. I wouldn't worry.
Doubt it would be that difficult, it just has to look like the real thing, it could sound like crap

Jun 14, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #13,883 of 15,290
IMG_2745.jpg

Here's a picture of my Z1R. It came with everything (including packaging) you would expect but the faceplate just doesn't have the same look of what you normally see. If I try to take a picture at a certain angle, I may get what resembles a typical Z1R but it is a stretch. See below:

IMG_3125.jpg

Not sure if these are fake or not but they do sound great and that's all that matters to me!

Jun 15, 2023 at 12:38 AM Post #13,884 of 15,290
After reviewing all possible ratings, I found that Z1R is invincible, or almost, in low frequencies, and one of the best in the scene, in terms of the total scores in these two criteria, it has no equal at all. Has anyone met earphones with bass and a better stage than z1r?
Simply NO
Tried multiple multikilobucks IEMs included ones with famous bass, name everything IE900, XE6, Maestro etc.
I'm very picky about bass quality and tuning, the Z1R get 9.5/10 mark for the bass. Not perfect but currently the best I've ever own/heard. Period.

Maybe the Xe6 because of the kinetic bass? I think the Z1R is still overall better. That being said there are some very vocal haters the joy of the hobby hate
20230423_131356.jpg
Not even close..

Jun 15, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #13,885 of 15,290
After reviewing all possible ratings, I found that Z1R is invincible, or almost, in low frequencies, and one of the best in the scene, in terms of the total scores in these two criteria, it has no equal at all. Has anyone met earphones with bass and a better stage than z1r?
FatFreq Grand Maestro for bass. The stage on Grand Maestro is great too but I think the Z1R might still edge it ever so slightly for width. But Grand Maestro exceeds Z1R on all other technical fronts imho. More detailed, better dynamics, more accurate imaging etc.

YMMV of course 🤭

Jun 15, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #13,886 of 15,290
IMG_2745.jpg
Here's a picture of my Z1R. It came with everything (including packaging) you would expect but the faceplate just doesn't have the same look of what you normally see. If I try to take a picture at a certain angle, I may get what resembles a typical Z1R but it is a stretch. See below:

IMG_3125.jpg
Not sure if these are fake or not but they do sound great and that's all that matters to me!

Perhaps the previous owner tried to polish them. I wouldn’t mind giving mine a rub with some red and grey scotch brite hand pads.

Jun 15, 2023 at 4:17 AM Post #13,887 of 15,290
IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_3125.jpg
Try shining a light to see if they do reflecr it back . From a flashlighr or cellphone camera flash as flasklight

Jun 15, 2023 at 4:26 AM Post #13,888 of 15,290
Perhaps the previous owner tried to polish them. I wouldn’t mind giving mine a rub with some red and grey scotch brite hand pads.
Curiously my iphone 14 plus does the same effwcr as it can't focus well but on mine u see the pattern clearly despite being out of focus.
I used to have a profi camera like @gLer but after suffering two blindling retinal detachments i had to sell it as now i see like crap all the time (blurry smoky like theough fog)

Jun 15, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #13,889 of 15,290
Try shining a light to see if they do reflecr it back . From a flashlighr or cellphone camera flash as flasklight
IMG_3127.jpg

Top picture is taken with flashlight and bottom picture is taken with flashlight and iPhone flash.
IMG_3129.jpg

Jun 15, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #13,890 of 15,290
IMG_3127.jpg
Top picture is taken with flashlight and bottom picture is taken with flashlight and iPhone flash.
IMG_3129.jpg
Thats how mine look like with flash forced on my iphone
Note i disnt make the best shot
IMG_6166.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back