SONY IER-Z1R
Oct 25, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #9,091 of 15,271
Ridiculous money for a cable IMO. I would just about go as far as a PW Xerxes but that’s it.

The 1960s is a lot of money for a cable. Personally I am not sure whether the improvements I heard justifies the price of the cable but I'm always curious to try different things as long as it is within my budget.

I no longer have the Z1R but if I still had it, I will be tempted to try the 8-wire silver coated OFC cable from Pentaconn. Price is very attractive as well and the overall color scheme matches well with the Z1R.

https://www.accessoryjack.com/colle...c-mmcx-re-cables-white?variant=32920167776344

Oct 25, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #9,092 of 15,271
Pentaconn Global website current has a 10% discount till 31st Oct with code Hallowpenta. They offer 8-wire Silver coated OFC and full silver cables with MMCX/2-Pin connectors and their OFC 4.4/2.5/6.3 plugs. You can change the currency to show USD on the top right of the page. Pricing is very attractive in my opinion and they do ship to US as I have ordered plugs from them previously. You have to email them @ pentaconnglobal@ndics.com and let them know what you need and provide your shipping address.

https://pentaconnglobal.com/categories/Pentaconn-Cable/3

Oct 26, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #9,095 of 15,271
Oct 26, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #9,096 of 15,271
I probably would have done the same if not for the fit.
Yeah I struggled a bit. My ears are not too small but not big enough to wear them comfortably. I'm still trying different tips until now.
But, I think I will get another cable soon. I love the stock cable but the connectors' body are big and I think that's what pushing them downward and caused me discomfort.
I tried foam hybrid tips (Symbio) and that seem to help a bit, but not 100%. So...I'm buying a $20 cable just to see if the smaller connectors help.

Oct 27, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #9,097 of 15,271
It took me a while to understand the bass on the Z1R, and now that I get the bass, nothing else sounds as good.

Can you please tell me what you mean by this?

: )

Oct 27, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #9,098 of 15,271
I probably would have done the same if not for the fit.
I'm with you on that. At the same time I think I gave up on the fit too early. I should have experimented a bit more.

InEar's SD5 is a crazy comfortable IEM, but it wasn't working for me until I found the right tips and cable and now it is as comfortable as my CIEMs. Maybe experimenting a bit more with the Z1r I could have found an "usable fit".

Oct 27, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #9,100 of 15,271
Anyone have experience with Fostex TH900 headphone, Sony IER-Z1R, or Tia Fourte? I love TH900 for its deep bass, large sound stage, clear mid, and harsh treble as I only listen to EDM dance music. I was wondering if I could get similar or better experience with IER-Z1R or Tia Fourte IEM.

Oct 27, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #9,101 of 15,271
I'm with you on that. At the same time I think I gave up on the fit too early. I should have experimented a bit more.

InEar's SD5 is a crazy comfortable IEM, but it wasn't working for me until I found the right tips and cable and now it is as comfortable as my CIEMs. Maybe experimenting a bit more with the Z1r I could have found an "usable fit".
I've had them for over a year and experimented quite a bit with the fit. They just aren't for me. I have held onto them because of how much I enjoy the sound, but recently have gotten a few other iems that at working well for me. Think it may be time to move on...

Oct 27, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #9,102 of 15,271
I've had them for over a year and experimented quite a bit with the fit. They just aren't for me. I have held onto them because of how much I enjoy the sound, but recently have gotten a few other iems that at working well for me. Think it may be time to move on...

For me Z1R is most comfortable IEM till now. Pop in and enjoy

Oct 27, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #9,103 of 15,271
For me Z1R is most comfortable IEM till now. Pop in and enjoy
I am a bit envious. They sound wonderful, but due to the size, shape, and weight, I could just never get a fit that was comfortable... And more often than not they just became painful to wear. Even got custom tips made, and while it was an improvement still never really found them comfortable. Oh well.

Oct 27, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #9,104 of 15,271
I am a bit envious. They sound wonderful, but due to the size, shape, and weight, I could just never get a fit that was comfortable... And more often than not they just became painful to wear. Even got custom tips made, and while it was an improvement still never really found them comfortable. Oh well.

Had same problem with IE800, even with customs tips never comfortable on go.
Fit is either hit or miss.

Oct 27, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #9,105 of 15,271
Yeah. Z1r is the main example of Hit or Miss fit on IEMs. If they made it always hit, it would be one of the best IEMs of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back