SONY IER-Z1R
Oct 30, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #9,121 of 15,271
So I absolutely hated the Z1R when I first got it, tried every single OEM tip and none of them gave me a good fit. I then ordered the Comply 200's... omg what a GAME CHANGER. I get goosebumps when the bass drops in the EDM I listen to. Absolutely amazing! I can't wait until I get the Symbio W peel to try... tip rolling is addicting! Only thing is, my right ear sounds a bit more quiet than my left. I wonder if this is a driver defect, or a fit problem. I know these are pretty well built, but I bought it second hand. They don't look like the have any external cosmetic damage to them, but I just worry how likely can these be internally damaged?

When you switch the IEMs around does the lower volume follow the single IEM to the other ear?

Oct 30, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #9,123 of 15,271
After rolling many eartips,for ME......FINAL AUDIO E are the Best,for sound and confort.

061E7CB8-8496-46C3-9C33-286565B819B3.jpeg
best regards

Sisco

Oct 30, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #9,124 of 15,271
Has any compiled a list of the tips compatible with the Z1R? Would be awesome if a fellow tip roller compiles such list and perhaps even a short review of all of them 🙏👍😁

Oct 30, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #9,126 of 15,271
When you switch the IEMs around does the lower volume follow the single IEM to the other ear?

No there's no latency between the sounds, just the right ear feels a bit lower volume and the bass isn't as loud, and sound not as clear.

L

here you are a four eartips review..

88BBB95B-C998-41CD-BF76-B6F41023F934.png

best

Wow, thanks!

Oct 30, 2020 at 11:01 PM Post #9,127 of 15,271
No there's no latency between the sounds, just the right ear feels a bit lower volume and the bass isn't as loud, and sound not as clear.

Wow, thanks!

But did you switch the right IER to the left ear and left IER to the right ear to test your hearing?

Oct 31, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #9,129 of 15,271
Wow, thanks!
If you're going to trust my ear tips review and haven't buy any ear tips yet, i suggest you to get the "AZLA SendaEarfitLight Short".
As @Tristy tell his impression, I'm curious and brought the "AZLA SendaEarfitLight Short" for more than a week, but too lazy to update my impression post.
It's simply a combination in between AET07 and Final E.
In short, it keep the bass level, texture, decay and soundstage depth of the Final E, also the mid-high boost and the clarity of AET07 but not as extreme.

Oct 31, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #9,130 of 15,271
If you're going to trust my ear tips review and haven't buy any ear tips yet, i suggest you to get the "AZLA SendaEarfitLight Short".
As @Tristy tell his impression, I'm curious and brought the "AZLA SendaEarfitLight Short" for more than a week, but too lazy to update my impression post.
It's simply a combination in between AET07 and Final E.
In short, it keep the bass level, texture, decay and soundstage depth of the Final E, also the mid-high boost and the clarity of AET07 but not as extreme.

Still stand by those tips as the best overall for the Z1R across genres. And as @excelion said, the AET07's for more clarity focused genres.

Nov 2, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #9,134 of 15,271
Does anyone know if iBasso's CF01 true wireless adapter fits into the Z1R's recessed MMCX sockets? if so, anyone know if it has enough power to sound decent?
thanks!

Nov 2, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #9,135 of 15,271
Does anyone know if iBasso's CF01 true wireless adapter fits into the Z1R's recessed MMCX sockets? if so, anyone know if it has enough power to sound decent?
thanks!

The photo of the connector would indicate that it will not fit since Z1R sockets are recessed and the CF01 connector has a rectangular shaped base. In fact, when I got a custom cable made with Eidolic connectors, I had to peel back the clear heat shrink on the barrel of the connector to make it fit so the tolerance is less than 1mm.

ibaaso.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back