SONY IER-Z1R
Dec 4, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #706 of 15,280
Well it’s a bit if an exaggeration you know what I mean. But the boundary just seems to extend further and more realistically.

I agree with you on the extentions and how far notes in tia can be long and far away im fading into darkness till you hear it so quiet but its still whispering in the far away darkness...

I downgraded from an sennheiser hdv820 to dx208 now upgraded the scale to 1z buttt unfortunately portable rig is still falling behind desktop...
I do miss that dac amp combo it was the best thing I ever heard... It had amazing sound characteristics and dead quiet no hiss!

I am always on the go and had sell it :frowning2:

Dec 5, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #708 of 15,280
I didn't like the fourte. They don't last more than 5 minutes on my ears.

The Z1R is much suited to the genres I listen to. I don't fancy my music sounding too spaced out, or too referenced.
What is your music ?

Dec 5, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #710 of 15,280
To me, if I need to eq and IEM I usually don't buy it. Especially not 3600$. But that's just a personal approach.

Well in actual music, space beyond the instruments ends at some point

I feel the same way which is why I sold the EX1000 right away. Fans of it will say that you need to EQ it, but I dont like to have to eq.

Dec 5, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #711 of 15,280
I think the Tia sounds impressive in space and bass, but the mids are very distant and the overall coherence is not realistic at all

Wait, there are factors other than space and bass?! :astonished:
Why did nobody tell me? :anguished:

I listened to the Fourte briefly at CanJam two years ago.
I felt it seemed quite spacious and clear, but it didn't stand out to me in any way.
Now I *really* wished I'd given it much more time and different styles of music etc to see what it can really do.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.. :)

Dec 6, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #714 of 15,280
We'll find out. I'm waiting for the (real) impressions.
"real" should be when you yourself hears it. The other is the one you believe is the real impression.

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #715 of 15,280
46gpeu4tnh221.jpg

I haven't heard the Solaris yet, but just comparing Crin's graphs, the Z1R looks very promising for my preferences.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #716 of 15,280
This and the Solaris really needs a tour. I refuse to blow money on either of them unless the return policy is like amazons (CA can still charge restocking fees) as both could be uncomfortable or just not what I'm looking for and who knows if it will pair with my desktop setup. I'm even considering trying to make it to a cam jam next year by myself since my girlfriend isn't into this hobby or maybe get to try them in tokyo next year. Or I could just buy a trio or fourte, but I would like to make sure I try all hybrid options that I have on a wishlist first.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #717 of 15,280
This and the Solaris really needs a tour. I refuse to blow money on either of them unless the return policy is like amazons (CA can still charge restocking fees) as both could be uncomfortable or just not what I'm looking for and who knows if it will pair with my desktop setup. I'm even considering trying to make it to a cam jam next year by myself since my girlfriend isn't into this hobby or maybe get to try them in tokyo next year. Or I could just buy a trio or fourte, but I would like to make sure I try all hybrid options that I have on a wishlist first.

I am pretty sure they will be available on Amazon.

Dec 7, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #718 of 15,280

I haven't heard the Solaris yet, but just comparing Crin's graphs, the Z1R looks very promising for my preferences.

If graphs could be sexy...........that one there is sexy!

8ED96215-A490-424F-A2E2-F6AAE89DE36F.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back