SONY IER-Z1R
Jul 8, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #3,571 of 15,440
[General poll]

What tips have you settled on with the ier-z1r (and maybe why)?
I have large canals, so I use Final Audio Type E size LL. Maintains a good balance from highs to lows, and mostly they're large so they provide a good seal for me.

Jul 8, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #3,572 of 15,440
I have large canals, so I use Final Audio Type E size LL. Maintains a good balance from highs to lows, and mostly they're large so they provide a good seal for me.
The Final E are probably the most comfortable tips I've ever used (on any iem), but they project the z1r too far out of my ears. I already look dumb enough with these pickle jar lids hanging out of my ears (my wife's assessment) when I use them with the shallower Sony tips. I'd be a circus clown with the Finals.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #3,573 of 15,440
[General poll]

What tips have you settled on with the ier-z1r (and maybe why)?

Final E type - more spark and air high, more musical warm mids and little bit more foward and a bit less bass visceral but still keep the good texture and quality

Jul 8, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #3,576 of 15,440
after i have finally ruled the fourte over z1r;

behold i have found my endgame trio: andromeda, fourte, lcdi4
nothing else matters.
Not bad for 2 week's work. Enjoy dude.

Jul 8, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #3,577 of 15,440
Not bad for 2 week's work. Enjoy dude.
haha...... not 2 weeks...... NOT 2 weeks........

more like 2 years.

basically what i learned was that i don't enjoy sitting still and listening to great sounding music or high quality music. what i'm searching for is a vessel to take me to new places and other worlds. that's what fourte and andromeda do for me. the lcdi4 just makes the music come alive.

Jul 8, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #3,578 of 15,440
i have the T1 beyerdynamic, and man.... these are so audiophile so technically great. you hear details and details and details. the details wash over you and just make you feel..... good. so i can definitely see why people get technical about their audio equipment.

the z1r just sounds ..... so good. each note... when the singer starts to sing.... i don't know how to describe except that it just sounds SO GOOD. however it feels like i'm eating food out of a perfectly clean metal tray. the metal taste gets in the food and just... yuck gross. its completely unnatural.

alas, both the t1 and z1r sit on my shelf like trophies. never touched. but now that i've found my triad of greatness, i'll probably sell them both soon.

(LOL this is pretty funny, my andros are coming in and my i4 and fourte are being repaired; yet i still feel no urge to pick up the z1r)

Jul 8, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #3,582 of 15,440
haha im sorry but i just have to say, i'm listening to the z1r's right now and i can't help but laugh because im just thinking: wow this sounds so good, wow this sounds so good.

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #3,584 of 15,440
HI everyone,

I've been having some serious trouble with driver flex and popping sound with these iems. the popping or crinkling sounds come out when I push them into my ear (not forcefully, just regularly) and/or when i turn my head left or right. Not only is this problem annoying like when in the middle of listening to a great song, you hear a pop that completely takes you out of it, but also this driver flex causes major pain. Has anyone else experienced this with these iems and to what degree? Thank you all very very much. this is a major problem for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back