SONY IER-Z1R
Apr 22, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #2,206 of 15,271
Was it really a simple matter of these being too big for you?
Yes. I alway have problems with the fit. For my small ears, Rai Penta had the best fit. Unfortunately they are subass and treble shy. Definitely IER-Z1R is a winner in sound quality.
By the way, do you recall if the word on the white sticker of the Sony package was in an unfamiliar non-Asian language?
Yes it manufacturing date was in Russian.

Apr 22, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #2,207 of 15,271
Usually you can't get some owners to shut up about how satisfying the product is.

Only in CL2 thread unfortunately. Once you rode that train, they don't let you disembark. If you tried, they will push sell new tips, cables or even new ear implant.

For Z1R, either you like Sony sound or you don't.

Apr 22, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #2,208 of 15,271
Only in CL2 thread unfortunately. Once you rode that train, they don't let you disembark. If you tried, they will push sell new tips, cables or even new ear implant.

Got a nice guffaw out of this comment.

Apr 22, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #2,209 of 15,271
"Everyone". Really. Latest serial number over 3200 and a couple of people are selling theirs which = "everyone". Welcome to the age of Trump.

Figure of speech, doofus

Apr 22, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #2,210 of 15,271
It can also be expected initially as more people are buying. It's just a little weird given so few posters seem to have it. Usually you can't get some owners to shut up about how satisfying the product is.

This is an English website. Those 3200 IEMs are not in English speaking hands. It’s simple math.

Apr 22, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #2,211 of 15,271
Yes it manufacturing date was in Russian.

Apparently that word can indeed be Russian rather than exclusively Bulgarian. We both got these from the same Singaporean seller. What the hell is a Russian word for manufactured doing on that sticker? These are made in Japan per the box. That is a little troubling to me.

This is an English website. Those 3200 IEMs are not in English speaking hands. It’s simple math.

Exactly my point.

Apr 22, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #2,213 of 15,271
Apparently that word can indeed be Russian rather than exclusively Bulgarian. We both got these from the same Singaporean seller. What the hell is a Russian word for manufactured doing on that sticker? These are made in Japan per the box. That is a little troubling to me.

Exactly my point.

Well, it’s too bad your cynical of the reviews so far, as if you did take a chance on one of the multitude of used pairs....(and they fit you)....you may love them?

Apr 22, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #2,214 of 15,271
... you're kidding, right?

No, I have no other answer as to why there is not many opinions here, other than that pure speculation. What’s yours? Hard to get still in places. IMO

This is the new Sony IEM flagship. It has positive reviews from our most respected reviewers. Though those reviewers are in Asia.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #2,215 of 15,271
No, I have no other answer as to why there is not many opinions here, other than that pure speculation. What’s yours?
You realize that most of SEA speaks English? Nevermind elsewhere in Asia. And maybe people in Asia don't want to indulge in internet arguments, when they can just go down to the nearby stores and try stuff in person instead.

Less of a need to rely on opinions online when you can try almost everything in person.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #2,216 of 15,271
... you're kidding, right?

Not everyone of course, but there's a definite disproportion especially given where the z1r has been made available.

Well, it’s too bad your cynical of the reviews so far, as if you did take a chance on one of the multitude of used pairs....(and they fit you)....you may love them?

Dude, I got a new pair for $1750. Nothing wrong with being cautious especially after accumulating experience that strongly points you toward being cautious. As for loving them, now that I've been able to sit down with them... more on that later. At the moment I'm wondering what should take the brunt of the blame. I'll make sure to burn both the z1r and the zx300 in but the early returns aren't glowing, aside from fit and ease of tip and cable insertion. At least with these iems certain things that should be taken for granted can be. I was crowding the Solaris with my tongue out like a monkey trying put on the different tips it came with.

You realize that most of SEA speaks English? And maybe people in Asia don't want to indulge in internet arguments, when they can just go down to the nearby stores and try stuff in person instead.

Less of a need to rely on opinions online when you can try almost everything in person.

Now you're just making his point. :wink:

Apr 22, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #2,217 of 15,271
You realize that most of SEA speaks English? Nevermind elsewhere in Asia. And maybe people in Asia don't want to indulge in internet arguments, when they can just go down to the nearby stores and try stuff in person instead.

I think you’ll find this is a US website regardless of language spoken. I live in South East Asia? Still you have not added to our question at hand? Our question is why there is not more positive reviews on the street level in this very thread. You missed the question.

Apr 22, 2019 at 11:56 PM Post #2,218 of 15,271
Not everyone of course, but there's a definite disproportion especially given where the z1r has been made available.

Dude, I got a new pair for $1750. Nothing wrong with being cautious especially after accumulating experience that strongly points you toward being cautious. As for loving them, now that I've been able to sit down with them... more on that later. At the moment I'm wondering what should take the brunt of the blame. I'll make sure to burn both the z1r and the zx300 in but the early returns aren't glowing, aside from fit and ease of tip and cable insertion. At least with these iems certain things that should be taken for granted can be. I was crowding the Solaris with my tongue out like a monkey trying put on the different tips it came with.

Now you're just making his point. :wink:

Cool, that’s right, I forgot that. Great deal, I paid $10 more OTD. Still it’s personal if someone is going to like them or not. Myself I would just like to read the reviews even if they are not positive. So far we have a person who is switching to full-size, another couple of folks who didn’t get the right fit. Then a couple reviewers who have praised them. Your question IS pertinent and, I just guess they are in Asia?

The only reason I love them is I was into the Sony house sound, then they came out with a new IEM, it went on sale for less than expected, then it fit my ears. Lastly that Sony house sound was taken to a new and better level.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #2,219 of 15,271
Our question is why there is not more positive reviews on the street level in this very thread. You missed the question.

You two love making one another's points, lol. He'd say that East Asians don't want to indulge in internet arguments because they can just go to the store and try stuff out in person and consequently they don't bother as much with online opinions. Anyway, we're just speculating unless someone tells us what people are saying on Asian sites. Besides, all the recent sellers claim to have been satisfied with the sound... they just rediscovered a love for full-size headphones or they had some pretty substantial physical issues. Then again, if jmills8 can sell his beloved FW10K that was competing with full-size headphones rather than merely iems for best sound because he likes bulky, bulkier and more expensive drivers, and leaking full-size headphones maybe it does all make sense.

Remind me of this Sony sound you write of, by the way.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #2,220 of 15,271
You two love making one another's points, lol. He'd say that East Asians don't want to indulge in internet arguments because they can just go to the store and try stuff out in person and consequently they don't bother as much with online opinions. Anyway, we're just speculating unless someone tells us what people are saying on Asian sites. Besides, all the recent sellers claim to have been satisfied with the sound... they just rediscovered a love for full-size headphones or they had some pretty substantial physical issues. Then again, if jmills8 can sell his beloved FW10K that was competing with full-size headphones rather than merely iems for best sound because he likes bulky, bulkier and more expensive drivers, and leaking full-size headphones maybe it does all make sense.

Remind me of this Sony sound you write of, by the way.
All this talk will just get deleted and if you keep talking.about each other then you will get banned. If you have OCD thats not an excuse to ramble on off topic posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back