SONY IER-Z1R
Apr 2, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #1,786 of 15,290
Anyone know where to get things like extra IER-Z1R eartips? Just looking to get a few extra pairs of tips for my preferred size. I tried contacting audio46, but they said they don't carry any accessories for it.
Sony has some special things like the Signature Series accessories that they don't bring into the country unfortunately so they are little tricky to get.

Apr 2, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #1,788 of 15,290
Apr 2, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #1,790 of 15,290
Sony has some special things like the Signature Series accessories that they don't bring into the country unfortunately so they are little tricky to get.
Any ways around this trickiness? Interested in the stock hybrid eartips and the stock 3.5mm cable. I don't mind a long wait as I don't expect the included ones to wear out/break any time soon.

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #1,791 of 15,290
Any ways around this trickiness? Interested in the stock hybrid eartips and the stock 3.5mm cable. I don't mind a long wait as I don't expect the included ones to wear out/break any time soon.
Taking a quick trip to Japan...

I have no official ways as a Sony dealer myself of getting tips from what i can see unfortunately.

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #1,792 of 15,290
The North American market seems to have been at bit of an afterthought for Sony and this product-- both in the way of marketing and distribution. Not a peep from any of the major reviewers yet either. This is something I plan on keeping on my radar...but down the road after the price drops considerably.

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #1,793 of 15,290
Taking a quick trip to Japan...

I have no official ways as a Sony dealer myself of getting tips from what i can see unfortunately.
And I assume no official way on the cable either?

If you happen to know the model number on the hybrid eartips that could go a long way. I haven't been able to find it. I know the old ones are EP-EX11, and I have plenty of those ones. The Z1R hybrids are a little different. And the foams are EP-TC50, but I have no interest in those.

Thanks for responding btw. Very helpful even if not the answers I'd like to hear.

Apr 2, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #1,794 of 15,290
Can't wait to hear your thoughts on how it compares to the Flamencos!

Long story short I like it more than Flamenco, and most other IEMs I have heard.

The sony silicone tip maybe a bit uncomfortable, I changed to Final type E tips and I am now very happy with my IER-Z1R:L3000:

I am also using the Final E tips, they are great.

Apr 2, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #1,795 of 15,290
Less in stock = greater desire.

Apr 3, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #1,796 of 15,290
By the way, how many people have even heard these at this point to know much about their sound? Points of concern from the relatively little I've encountered:

1) Recessed mids
2) Harsh treble
3) Fit and comfort for smaller ears
4) What does it take to drive them
5) Possibly bad with lower res music

Points of strength:

1) Exceptional bass
2) Exceptional clarity and soundstage
3) Exceptional treble

Apr 3, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #1,797 of 15,290
By the way, how many people have even heard these at this point to know much about their sound? Points of concern from the relatively little I've encountered:

1) Recessed mids
2) Harsh treble

Points of strength:

1) Exceptional bass
3) Exceptional treble

What you just described is a U or V shaped sounds sig. Also, I highly doubt there is harsh treble if you have the right fit.

Apr 3, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #1,798 of 15,290
So are U and V shaped sound signatures supposed to have unsatisfactory mids innately? I see so many headphones and iems described as either V or U shaped that I thought being U shaped is actually a good thing and what balanced is. An owner on reddit claims that the treble can be a problem, so treble sensitive people beware.

Why do people not make very expensive headphones and iems always balanced and tick off every checkmark box? These Sony engineers seem like the real deal and yet it's the same old same old. How would a poor fit create hot treble? I thought only the bass gets neutered.

Apr 3, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #1,799 of 15,290
Long story short I like it more than Flamenco, and most other IEMs I have heard.

I am also using the Final E tips, they are great.

I have to agree! Just received mine and am thoroughly impressed.

1) Recessed mids
2) Harsh treble

Points of strength:

1) Exceptional bass
3) Exceptional treble

The difference between the dongle and the topping nx4 is quite noticeable. I want to try the hiby r6 pro next with them.

F82264E9-91AE-4D23-A65D-E36891FD0F5F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back