Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Jun 17, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #2,913 of 4,538
There are some lesser known recordings by Norah Jones that sound great also. One is with the Peter Malik Group. Then there is also Little Broken Hearts. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #2,915 of 4,538
Oh definitely. 
size]
 +1

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #2,916 of 4,538
Quote:
There are some lesser known recordings by Norah Jones that sound great also. One is with the Peter Malik Group. Then there is also Little Broken Hearts. 

I think I've heard most of what Norah Jones has recorded. A lot of audiophiles seem to prefer her earlier pseudo jazz recordings and such.

I've heard her albums. I've heard the Peter Malik Group stuff. I've heard the "Covers" album which is awesome just because she covers Tom freakin' Waits.

Her work on the Danger Mouse and Daniel Luppi album "Rome" is killer.

I agree though, her best work is "Little Broken Hearts."

Screw that audiophile crap. She branched out with "Little Broken Hearts" and got her own freakin' band, and I think that's her best solo record. Give the girl some credit. She running away from that pseudo jazz crap as fast as she can, and rightly 
so... 
biggrin.gif

Of course, she does acknowledge that fake jazz stuff is her original roots and she will return to it from time-to-time, but she's a woman with a new direction, and it's a much better direction. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #2,917 of 4,538
Quote:
Quote:

I think I've heard most of what Norah Jones has recorded. A lot of audiophiles seem to prefer her earlier pseudo jazz recordings and such.

I've heard her albums. I've heard the Peter Malik Group stuff. I've heard the "Covers" album which is awesome just because she covers Tom freakin' Waits.

Her work on the Danger Mouse and Daniel Luppi album "Rome" is killer.

I agree though, her best work is "Little Broken Hearts."

Screw that audiophile crap. She branched out with "Little Broken Hearts" and got her own freakin' band, and I think that's her best solo record. Give the girl some credit. She running away from that pseudo jazz crap as fast as she can, and rightly 
so... 
biggrin.gif

Of course, she does acknowledge that fake jazz stuff is her original roots and she will return to it from time-to-time, but she's a woman with a new direction, and it's a much better direction. 

Couldn't agree with you more! Her first album is legendary and got me through a lot of rough times, her voice always got me calm down when I felt like jumping through a window (not literally but you know what I mean) but from a overall album Little Broken Hearts is amazing top to bottom with hit after hit. People that don't like her sound don't have to listen to it. Just listen to her first two albums and go about your business and stop hating. 

Great now I'm irritated again... Where did I put "Come away with me"... 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #2,918 of 4,538
Quote:
Motherboard - Daft Punk sounds great on my HD650

+2 

Here here to that!! Just got a e10 because I just had to try it with all I've heard... And the HD650/E10 pairing is fan-freaking-tastic!! Matches up so well on either gain it pushes them with no problem what so ever. Gotta love the little bass boost feature as well. Much better results than I got from my O2 and HD650. Blah, was not good at all. 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #2,919 of 4,538
Richard Groove Holmes -- simply try any of his work; It cooks.

"Super Soul" LP
"Groove's Groove" live
"Soul Message"
"Living Soul"

… to name a few.

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #2,921 of 4,538
Every once in a while when I have no other option I use my gaming headset (siberia v2 by steel series) I listen to volbeat, the bass and their deep voices goes perfectly together with that headset.

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #2,922 of 4,538
Every once in a while when I have no other option I use my gaming headset (siberia v2 by steel series) I listen to volbeat, the bass and their deep voices goes perfectly together with that headset.

Jun 23, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #2,924 of 4,538
Sitting here listening to Porcupine Tree for the first time......hadn't heard of them until this morning. The Smart Kid and Tinto Brass cuts off their Stupid Dream album sound amazing so far. Anxious to discover more from this group......kinda reminds me of music from the Radiohead Genre.

Jun 24, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #2,925 of 4,538
Quote:

Couldn't agree with you more! Her first album is legendary and got me through a lot of rough times, her voice always got me calm down when I felt like jumping through a window (not literally but you know what I mean) but from a overall album Little Broken Hearts is amazing top to bottom with hit after hit. People that don't like her sound don't have to listen to it. Just listen to her first two albums and go about your business and stop hating. 

Great now I'm irritated again... Where did I put "Come away with me"... 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

I love everything she's recorded but, especially so, "Little Broken Hearts".

I love everything Beck has recorded but, especially so, "Sea Change".

Artists are at their best when tortured. Discuss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back