Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Nov 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #2,401 of 4,538

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #2,403 of 4,538
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ3w2s3UxO4

Deftones - Tempest

Nov 14, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #2,405 of 4,538
Jeremy Soule - "The Charr Triumphant" from the Guild Wars 2 soundtrack:

Nov 14, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #2,407 of 4,538
Still working out the stuff that makes my Amperiors shine.  

I've found Infected Mushroom's newest album makes these feel pretty awesome.  Especially this song.  These things are what the Beats Solos should be, but likely won't. 

Nov 14, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #2,409 of 4,538
I used to be such a huge fan on Infected Mushroom. BP Empire, Classical Mushroom, Converting Vegetarians were some of the best and most unique music EVER. But ever since Vicious Delicious and now their newer albums, it seems like their trying to sound more like everyone else. Ohh the good old days...

OMG this is just nuts. No more unfortunately.

Damn....

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #2,410 of 4,538
Quote:
I used to be such a huge fan on Infected Mushroom. BP Empire, Classical Mushroom, Converting Vegetarians were some of the best and most unique music EVER. But ever since Vicious Delicious and now their newer albums, it seems like their trying to sound more like everyone else. Ohh the good old days...

OMG this is just nuts. No more unfortunately.

Damn....

You said it all. They decided to change their core sound to something that simply isn't pleasing, at least compared to what they originally did. What a disappointment Army of Mushrooms was. But I wholeheartedly agree that BP Empire, Classical Mushroom and Converting Vegetarians were very good albums.

They certainly did impressive things (original audio has surpriding dynamics):

Nov 15, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #2,411 of 4,538
Quote:

You said it all. They decided to change their core sound to something that simply isn't pleasing, at least compared to what they originally did. What a disappointment Army of Mushrooms was. But I wholeheartedly agree that BP Empire, Classical Mushroom and Converting Vegetarians were very good albums.

They certainly did impressive things (original audio has surpriding dynamics):

For sure. They moved to America and wanted to become mainstream and make big dollars doing it. Sad to say but they kinda sold out in the process. They went from throwing giant raves that played till 4am to little mini rock concerts with a guitar player and drummer (completely ruining their sound) that lasted 1 hour. I drove all the way to Pittsburgh to see those guys play for an hour and the club was emptied out by 10:30.

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #2,412 of 4,538
Quote:
For sure. They moved to America and wanted to become mainstream and make big dollars doing it. Sad to say but they kinda sold out in the process. They went from throwing giant raves that played till 4am to little mini rock concerts with a guitar player and drummer (completely ruining their sound) that lasted 1 hour. I drove all the way to Pittsburgh to see those guys play for an hour and the club was emptied out by 10:30.

I always had that nagging feeling that it might've been something like that, but for some reason I kept pushing that thought away. Seems I was mistaken... I admit I was curious about listening to one of their performances over the US but after your description, that's off the table.

A couple of different artists, within the same genre:

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #2,413 of 4,538
Quote:

That's why i love this thread. Would never have come across this on my own.

Amazing recordings. So many textures. I don't listen to rap or jazz usually, but i really dig this souly-jazzy-rappy-funky mix!

Ditto

Nov 18, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #2,414 of 4,538
This is a brilliantly recorded jazz album and absolutely worth a listen. Terence Blanchard: Let's Get Lost.  He is a trumpet player and he features some solo pieces and then teams up with Cassandra Wilson, Diana Krall and a few others. Definitely wow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back