Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Mar 18, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #1,563 of 4,538

Quote:
Tank! (TV stretch) from Cowboy Bebop OST - Yoko Kanno - Those horns!

DAT SONG!
That is pure awesomeness in it's best Yoko Kanno jazz-bluesy style!

I'd say Inner Universe (eco. size) by Yoko Kanno gives anything you got a run for it's money!
Best if heard with the CD1 from Raichikyuu Kinen Collection Album "SPACE BIO CHARGE"

Mar 25, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #1,566 of 4,538
The entirety of MFSL's remaster of The Sky Is Crying is fantastic, but I especially like Little Wing and Chitlins con Carne. Every time I listen to this album, I am amazed by the sound quality that MFSL achieved.

Homeless - Paul Simon: This track is particularly good on the original CD release

We Hide and Seek - AKUS, Live: This album is another that is acoustically and musically brilliant throughout.

Mar 25, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #1,567 of 4,538
For Me

Boston - Foreplay/Long Time
Cake - Too many to list them all but Mr. Mastodon Farm and The Distance are a couple of my favorites
Rush - Mystic Rhythms, Tom Sawyer
Dire Straits - The entire Brothers in Arms Album and Telegraph Road
Beatles - Hey Jude
Pink Floyd - Almost everything definitely Dark Side of The Moon
The Cars - Candy-O album, Heartbeat City and others
The Crystal Method - Vegas Album
The Doors - Most stuff but Ghost Song is one of my favorites
Eagles - Journey of the Sorcerer and Hotel California live version, many others as well
Heart - Love Alive
Jamiroquai - Traveling Without Moving album
Jethro Tull - Witch's Promise and the entire Aqualung Album
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV

And Generally speaking anything with a lot of detail and a lot of dynamic range.

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #1,569 of 4,538
Funny, I bought this album over 10 years ago. Listened to it for maybe 20 minutes and then put it in a case and have not listened since. It is much better than I remember  and wonderfully recorded.

Fiona Apple-Tidal

Great female vocals. Would be great for those hd6xx owners.

You are right my HD650 do sound great with Fiona Apple

Apr 2, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #1,570 of 4,538
I want to see this thread continue. I have found a lot of great music here. If there are any Lionel Richie fans, he has a new album out called Tuskegee. Duets with country singers. I know, it sounds like a strange recipe but it works. And of course it is very well mastered!!!

Apr 2, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #1,571 of 4,538
I am a LR fan. And his combo with country artists is working for me 
beerchug.gif

Yes, like this part of the forum, great suggestions.

Keep them coming, thanks 

Apr 6, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #1,572 of 4,538
Battles - Gloss Drop is an interesting style music that I wish had a bit better production quality.
Bridges of Königsberg - The Five Colors wins me over with the piano. I'm a fan of piano music, especially in a rock/post-rock context, so any other suggestions are welcomed!
Cloudkicker - Let Yourself Be Huge is still getting constant plays from me after being out for 5 months. Great album, and available for free.

Apr 6, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #1,574 of 4,538
If Classical is your thing then Trevor Pinnock conducting the English Concert in Handel's Watermusik is an outstanding recording.  The imaging is excellent and subtleties like fingers moving on strings, artists breathing... etc., can be heard.  It's a very "live" recording that makes you feel like part of the soundstage. 

The Police:  King of Pain (Stewart Copeland on drums... exquisite)

Seal:  Fly Like an Eagle (I know, sounds cheezy, but the production values are top notch, the bass is spot on, highs are well-positioned and subtle.  His voice is something to behold with a good set of 'phones.  It's a VERY good cover... I can't imagine that Steve Miller wouldn't like it.)

Chick Corea Akoustic Band - Terminal Baggage Claim

Apr 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #1,575 of 4,538

Not really a song but I think every headfi member should give this a listen.

Someone could've already linked it before, but I feel like it deserves another (or more) posts.

Close your eyes and just listen. I only emphasized this text because I felt it was that worthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back