Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Jan 9, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #811 of 4,538

Quote:
Quote:
Despite the fact the Led Zep is my favorite band, I find Stairway to heaven to be terribly overrated.
It's a great song, but for some reason it's the only thing people know about them, and imo they've got much better songs.
Since I've been loving you and In my time dying to name the two that are next up on may playlist.

Led Zep is actually one of the few cases in which I like the most famous song the most. I have their cd's and I know them, but Stairway to Heaven is just a very special song, really one of my favorite songs ever. Sicnce I've been loving you is gold also, as well as Kashmir, Whole lotta love and some more.

What you have with S.t.H., I have with Child in Time from Deep Purple.

It's feel like that with quite a lot of bands that are considered "hard" by the general crowd. They make a song that isn't really there style, at least not according to the people that don't/barely know them, and all of a sudden that song gets very popular.

I've heard someone say that S.t.H is the best proof the hard/metalrockers can make a more mellow song, but I wouldn't ever consider Led Zep to be metal. If anything I'd say it's more like some sort of hardrock/blues hybrid.
Then again, I'm just some weirdo :p

Jan 9, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #812 of 4,538
offcourse, Zep is not metal. It's rock, but in their time it was pretty hard I guess.

Jan 9, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #813 of 4,538
I just listened to Steely Dan's first album on vinyl on my DT880, and it was a eargasmic experience. I simultaneously learned what's so great about vinyl (first time listening to it), clicks and all, and discovered that the normally bright Beyer sound is perfect for analog. I'd say it was a worthwhile endeavor.

Now to find a copy of this album that isn't almost completely worn out.

Jan 9, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #814 of 4,538

Quote:
I just listened to Steely Dan's first album on vinyl on my DT880, and it was a eargasmic experience. I simultaneously learned what's so great about vinyl (first time listening to it), clicks and all, and discovered that the normally bright Beyer sound is perfect for analog. I'd say it was a worthwhile endeavor.

If you liked that on vinyl, try to find a copy of Aja as well, incredible sounding.

Jan 9, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #815 of 4,538
didn't hear Aja on vinyl, but on cd it's great sounding, Black Cow makes my DT990's WOW

Jan 9, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #816 of 4,538

Quote:
didn't hear Aja on vinyl, but on cd it's great sounding, Black Cow makes my DT990's WOW

My vinyl copy of Aja is in sad shape.  The recent Steely Dan albums, Two Against Nature and Everything Must Go sound a lot better on CD than Aja CD.  They sound more full range.  The bass is great on my K701s.  The tunes are great too.  Two Against Nature is one of my favs for good sounding pop/rock.

Jan 9, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #818 of 4,538
 Aja can be found at soundstagedirect.com .  They are currently out of stock for Can't Buy a Thrill .   Guess I will have to dig out  my vinyl copy of CBAT  and listen to it on my new ProDJ 100's .  Should be interesting.
Update:  Dug out the Can't Buy a thrill album on vinyl and yes it does sound great , just listening to  Realing In the Years is a whole new experience .  I'm a vinyl head too , got 3 new albums for xmas ,    Journey- Escape ,  Kinks - Sleepwalker , Bad Company - first Album  . All sound fantastic. 
Quote:
Quote:

If you liked that on vinyl, try to find a copy of Aja as well, incredible sounding.

Jan 9, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #819 of 4,538

Jan 10, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #823 of 4,538
Thick as a Brick by Jethro Tull sounds like it was made for my K271's. It plays to all the strengths and weaknesses of the K271's sound. Probably the best sounding song/album I've heard on these.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back